G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 41 Non Members

Busselton 18-1

Harness & Greyhounds
How is it possible DanielJohn only gets a 20 meter handicap at Busselton??
He has won 36 races and 300+ k
In what universe is this trying to make races even
+1 -1

VillageKid, Offthebit likes this post.

Comments

• JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    The transitioning process, which I and many others have complained about from day 1 but to deaf ears, deemed his HWOE at $57,500 because he was an M2, in spite of his $330k life time earnings...is now a C27, so under the conditioned handicap specifications, he gets a 250m let up and gives poor old Oneforthediggers at a C1 R2 with just $10k in earnings just 20m start. No criticism of the connections whatsoever, they are simply playing by the rules.  "Like For Like Racing" they tell us, we will get rid of the issues like Daniel John starting in an R2 or better mobile at Kellerberrin and beating up the locals (which he has done in the past) they tell us, it will stop the "drop back" rule from ruining races and turnover with $1.04 favourites they tell us......All horses previously assessed at M2, regardless of whether they had won $57,500 or $450k, transitioned with a HWOE of $57,500. Was told it would take time for these issues and  unfairness to work their way through the system.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited January 2019
    Danieljohn is $1.70 in pre post betting. Just has to drive him half decent to win :-S and win comfortably.
  • rooster321rooster321    186 posts
    Wins off 60 meters 2 weeks ago then lobs this race off 20
    This is a dead set handicappers special
  • JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    Different set of conditions when he won off 60m. That was a HWOE $0+ race and tomorrow night it is a HWOE $12,000+ race, thus the different handicap......many punters are finding the new race conditions and handicapping descriptions very confusing (when compared to the old R/C/M classifications.....for that matter, many owners and trainers find it confusing....and when trying my best to explain it to the front bar punters at the local Pub TAB, they look at me as if I am speaking swahili....but I am told that once they become familiar with it, they will be punting their heads off.

VillageKid likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited January 2019
    Was an inspirational run - backed up by an inspirational drive /:)