G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 38 Non Members

Darren Weir's stable raided by police

West Australian Racing

Comments

• Interesting how both judges presiding over the case had horses with Weir.

I know there are a few people on twitter screaming conflict of interest and they have a fair point regardless of whether Weir contested the charges or not.
    To me its not a good look. Doubt they were influenced at all but still not a great look.

therealkramer, RIO likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    Think you blokes should have a better understanding of the law, before making comments about conflict of interest etc
  • spinking said:

Think you blokes should have a better understanding of the law, before making comments about conflict of interest etc

This someone should read properly before making a dumb ass comment. I said it wasn't a good look. And with all this public perception going on its not passing the pub test.
    Thanks for your input

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    spinking said:

We are not talking about the law here though. A judge wouldn't preside over a civil/criminal case where he/she had a conflict of interest. 

thefalcon, RIO likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    And this is all Racing Victoria at the moment? The criminal side hasn't even begun

therealkramer likes this post.

• spinking said:

We are not talking about the law here though. A judge wouldn't preside over a civil/criminal case where he/she had a conflict of interest. 
    Hey Spinking. Want some cream for that burn champ?
    edited February 2019
    Starts Wins
    1Darren Weir67993
    2David Hayes41232
    3James Cummings15224
    4Tony McEvoy17722
    5Mick Price14119
    6Ciaron Maher12418
    7Mathew Ellerton13415
    8Chris Waller10413
    9Danny O'Brien6713
    10John Hawkes7510
    The Vic Metro Trainers premiership 
    :))

Awkward ceremony when he wins

therealkramer, Manchild, RIO likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    jiggers in his bedroom.....might have an athletic wife!! :D 

4 years is a soft sentence...I thought life would be the result. be interesting to see who takes over his properties.

Tucool likes this post.

• NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts
    edited February 2019
    thefalcon said:

4 years is a soft sentence...I thought life would be the result. be interesting to see who takes over his properties.
    Ciaron Maher is.

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    detonator said:

Latest reports says it is about race fixing and betting syndicates and not doping.
    Also it is said the investigation was by federal police and not the racing integrity unit.

I'd suggest they have linked the two - ie doping being cheating (fixing the result of a race).......as I read it "activities likely to affect the outcome of a betting event".

thefalcon said:

Ciaron Maher is.
    Who when you look at that table, is actually going the best (runners per winner / strike rate)
    edited February 2019
    Tivers said:

detonator said:

Latest reports says it is about race fixing and betting syndicates and not doping.
    Also it is said the investigation was by federal police and not the racing integrity unit.

I'd suggest they have linked the two - ie doping being cheating (fixing the result of a race).......as I read it "activities likely to affect the outcome of a betting event".

thefalcon said:

That's a very vague description and it's gonna be an awfully hard allegation to prove. Those intercepted phone messages must be pretty damning :)]

Flanders likes this post.

• Tivers said:

detonator said:

thefalcon said:

Ciaron Maher is.
    Who when you look at that table, is actually going the best (runners per winner / strike rate)
    The other cheat Tivs
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    So how will Weir be remembered ?
  • careycarey    6,368 posts

depends entirely on who is doing the remembering.
    for me....
    'whatever it takes'
    'contempt'
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts

Who ?

carey, RIO likes this post.

What burn twolifetimes? what dumbass comment? . You keep on enlightening us with your front bar points of view. As I said you maybe should do a little more homework, before making statements about conflict of interest

spinking said:

What burn twolifetimes? what dumbass comment? . You keep on enlightening us with your front bar points of view. As I said you maybe should do a little more homework, before making statements about conflict of interest

Good cos I don't wanna burn any bridges. You still got that room next to @JayJay's monkey or nah? 

spinking, RIO likes this post.

This might be a stupid question, but why is it that horse transferred the Leonard are unable to be nominated for 28 days for any official race OR trial while horses transferred to other trainers resume business as usual. Have i read that wrong?
    Room still available Kramer in fact the monkey said he has been eagerly awaiting some company lol

edited February 2019
    H-BOMBER said:

This might be a stupid question, but why is it that horse transferred the Leonard are unable to be nominated for 28 days for any official race OR trial while horses transferred to other trainers resume business as usual. Have i read that wrong?

The article below says he was Weir's 'business manager' so I assume he was previously unlicenced as far as training goes-so the fact he's been approved as the 'interim trainer' seems to be nothing more than a title. This sorted itself out anyway-those that were ready to race were moved to rival stables almost immediately

H-BOMBER said:

The article below says he was Weir's 'business manager' so I assume he was previously unlicenced as far as training goes-so the fact he's been approved as the 'interim trainer' seems to be nothing more than a title. This sorted itself out anyway-those that were ready to race were moved to rival stables almost immediately

My bad. It seems Leonard IS actually a licenced trainer

H-BOMBER likes this post.

• saxonsaxoffsaxonsaxoff    179 posts
    H-BOMBER said:

its pretty hectic time for all the syndicates with horses in there. atb have shifted all of the horses that were in work and ready to race but have a stack more that are in pretraining or spelling that will potentially need new homes. to throw a further spanner in the works horses can only start once for the new trainer without an ID card. which means if there are any outstanding bills from clients with forest lodge they won't be able to start after that. be a nightmare chasing all that up. 

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Saxonsaxoff...surely he couldn't be charging any clients for what he is putting them through??? It'd have to be a case of here is your horses, here is your card, we'll square the bill away in the future!!
  • saxonsaxoffsaxonsaxoff    179 posts
    I don't have a horse with him but was part of the blanket email which included this

Each horses ID card will be handed over when all January accounts have been paid in full.

Any delay in payment could jeopardise your horses next run and subsequent preparation.
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    I'd think he'd be collecting every dollar he can now - won't be collecting a lot thereafter.
    he'll be sending a monkey around with a tin mug, tivers….. >-)
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Leave my monkey out of this, very content little fella, no inclination to shift house at all the last 6 weeks. Have even lowered his rent and upped his banana rations.
    ^^ might get a bit of commission, jayjay... \:D/
    After my stupid attempt at trying to earn a days wages of the punt today bananas are looking like al a carte fare to me at the moment. If the monkeys full any chance of throwing a few this way JJ

thefalcon, therealkramer likes this post.

spinking said:

If the monkeys full any chance of throwing a few this way JJ

But I was thinking of doing some 'renovations'. Are you saying there's now only one spare room?