Ascot Preview, 2nd February

West Australian Racing

Comments

• khasskhass    2 posts
    edited February 2
    I feel your pain 3/4 legs..I had FAE but left out Mowtown :-S
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    8,855 posts
    edited February 2
    Jell that's a great tip on Mr. Motown... be careful on those early markets...they go up at around 150% or worse...it still beats me how anybody can Consistently win betting early into markets of that %.

I'm no mathamatician ( can't even spell it haha ) but the maths says it's impossible.
    As market % comes down the odds get better.

We're all different but give me a market around 110% close to race time than a market of 160% two or three days out any day of the week.

Yes you can beat markets of 150% to 160% but try doing it consistently.

Corporate markets are going up earlier and earlier - they love it - it's a licence to print money when betting at percentages that overall - they just can't lose on.

Turkey has the worst tote takeout rate in the world - it's over 40% - betting into early markets - you're taking exactly the same % - yep you can win but good luck doing it consistently.
  • GepettoGepetto    95 posts
    Early markets are more about finding errors than betting into an overall poor market percentage.

thefalcon, oldhendo, SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    5,762 posts
    edited February 3
    Not a boast but an example. 

My UK contact tipped me one in Ireland recently that was in his opinion well overs. At 6am UK time he told me the price was an error.  I took $61 with the boost. The horse was backed throughout the day UK time from $41 and started at $6 and won by 5 lengths eased down.

RIO likes this post.

• GLAMOURGLAMOUR    405 posts
    Nice to see another apprentice,finally coming through,was starting to worry,about the lack of apprentices, mind you 1 doesnt really help the cause.
  • thefalconthefalcon    15,924 posts
    who, jade? don't forget she is 30 and been around the international traps. she, imo, has a bright future.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    7,280 posts
    #backjadegetpaid

Darrbs, Jell likes this post.

• jumjum    2,557 posts
    Very good looking woman also. :\">