Who's Online

1 Members & 15 Non Members

AFLW

Sport

Comments

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    8,521 posts
    Canned with no premier.
  • RIORIO    14,357 posts
    How ironic is taht??. Freo looked like they were heading for a grand final and stopped by  a world wide Pandemic!!!!

I wonder if we will look back on this in 20 years and say, this was the one that got away from them! An still have a big laugh about it!!! hahahaha
    >:) >:) =)) =))
  • JayJayJayJay    6,180 posts
    The cabinet is not empty......the delightful contestant who won Tom Gleeson's Hard Quiz the other night...her expert subject was the Fremantle Dockers......stated she would donate the "Big Brass Mug" to the club. But, yes, it is sadly ironic as they appeared to be the best AFLW side going around.

RIO likes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,157 posts
    I thought they would get over Melbourne but North Melbourne or Carlton would have been formidable opponents.

The decision to increase the finals by adding Collingwood and Gold Coast was bizarre to say the least.

VillageKid, JayJay likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,357 posts
    I see the score in the first game of 2021 was a similar 5 goals to 4 goals...Did anyone watch it??? Was it any better than the normal swarm of bees stuff?
  • detonatordetonator    2,520 posts
    RIO said:

I see the score in the first game of 2021 was a similar 5 goals to 4 goals...Did anyone watch it??? Was it any better than the normal swarm of bees stuff?

Same bees.

RIO likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    1,942 posts
    The girls have definitely improved their footy fellas since the first season in 2017.

Kellie Underwood's commentary on the other hand continues to plummet new depths!
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    4,535 posts
    I'll take your word for it VK..personally, i will NEVER watch a game unless paid to do so :P
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    3,619 posts

The girls have definitely improved their footy fellas since the first season in 2017.

Kellie Underwood's commentary on the other hand continues to plummet new depths!

The thing with Underwood when she is on that panel show they have on Foxtel running through all the sports from the last week she is actually pretty good to listen to and even has a laugh but her commentary is just something you can’t listen to.

The girls are improving, crash in hard but it still has miles to go to be something you would be happy to pay for consistently.

RIO, VillageKid, oldhendo likes this post.

• SKIDSSKIDS    953 posts
    edited January 31
    Bit of a rumor they're adding a side from Tassie. Bit different here, the team will be transsexuals only, Captained by Hannah Mouncey, they'll be known as the Tassie Trannies. Going to be hard to beat.

Recruits being spoken to include; US volleyball player Chloe Anderson, Olympia Keelin Godsey, Ex soccer player from Samoa Jaiyah Saelua, Retired New York police officer Lana Lawless (quite creative with her new name :) ), LPGA golfer Bobbi Lancaster & the sprint sensation from Jamaica, Caster Semenya.

Daniella Laidley, the yet to be announced coach, is very excited about season 2022.

Thunderstruck, Manchild likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    4,535 posts
    =))
  • detonatordetonator    2,520 posts

I watched about 2 mins of the Fremantle game today. Saw a player take a good mark and was shooting for goal from 40m out. The kick at goal went 30m at best. 
    That players background was possibly athletics, soccer, volleyball, netball and who decides for an 8 week period they kick a sherrin around because they have some athletic or sporting prowess.
    Eventually the AFLW will evolve to having players who grow up playing and honing their football skills instead of fielding teams full of misfits.