G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 5 Non Members

Parnhams at 491/1 and 670/1

West Australian Racing
Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
edited February 2019 West Australian Racing
When Bronze Wing & Summer Sky's crossed the line first and second with Steve Parnham and brother Chris Parnham aboard it provided a wind fall for novelty takers lucky enough to jag - a quinella of $492 and and a exacta of $680.

Phone book figures for the trifecta and first four.

On a different topic posed the question the other day - how many times does Pikey ride the last winner of the day ?! Lo and behold he's at it again.
+1 -1

thefalcon likes this post.

Comments

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    there was an eastern states rider who did the same thing...so far back I can't remember... :-\" 
    think it may have been billy cook....Kramer will know....
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited February 2019
    The two well backed favourites in this race drew the grandstand in a capacity sized field - they were never ever going to run a place in running let alone win - not withstanding both made ground.

Jumping from barriers 15 and 16 at the Railway Stakes start - they had the job ahead, but both strongly supported despite the shocking gates.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,236 posts
    Apparently 65% profit to level stakes if you blindly back Pike on the tote to win the last
    edited February 2019
    Can almost change "blindly" to "sensibly".

Talking of the last race though, recently in Sydney on the Saturday - the favourite won the last race on the card - something like 9 weeks in a row - uncanny.
    edited February 2019
    What would like to know - it's subjective - but how "unders" is Pike - for instance and we will never know - but what price is Dickoletto if Pikey doesn't ride ?

It ran at $7.60 tote - isn't that it about its correct price ? Or would it have run at double figures with no Pike ?

The bigger question though - does Dickoletto win with no Pike ?

So many people around the traps say " I won't back Pike he's unders" ...then if enough are saying that does the unders become "overs" ? Or close to staring at what it should ?

For as many that support him - there's still a lot of ( tote ) punters won't back him because he's "too short "in the betting - I'm occasionally not so sure about that. Sometimes think one can negate the other.

Realising he is heavily backed - but reckon some avoid too - heard a few at the Tab yesterday say "I won't back Dickoletto with Pike on - he's always unders" - is he really ?
    no. he is either a genius or a "good rider" in a pool of very mediocre opponents.
  • saxonsaxoffsaxonsaxoff    179 posts
    If people are blanket not backing pike for "being unders" then they are a mug. there are plenty of times I won't back pike because I think he is too short but that doesn't stop me getting on when I think the price is right. should you adjust your market just because pike is on, absolutely. in the same way you should adjust it the other way if pike is getting off a horse you can't expect the same performance. 

oldhendo likes this post.

someone told me recently that the TAB takings are down considerably if Pike is not riding at a sat. meeting. true???
  • loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts
    edited February 2019
    thefalcon said:

there was an eastern states rider who did the same thing...so far back I can't remember... :-\" 
    think it may have been billy cook....Kramer will know....
    Back in the day Falcon & I think you would remember last race on a Saturday was regularly taken out by namesakes Len & Tommy Pike.

And ROS, yesterday, Pike in the last gate 3, jump put it to sleep, look for the split, Pikes vigour, how could you not back it Each-Way at $7.50 & $2.50 the place. As my neighbour says like taking wheat from a blind chook 
    ;;) :D

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

edited February 2019
    Tend to agree - thought around 6/1 - 7/1 Dickoletto was about correct .
    Yet heard several punters saying..."nah it's only paying $7.50 because of Pike" ...i'm not so sure about that.

Now - does it still win without Pikey ? That's the conundrum - can't ever be answered - we can have our own thoughts on it though.
    someone told me recently that the TAB takings are down considerably if Pike is not riding at a sat. meeting. true???