G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 17 Non Members

Ascot Twilight 20-2-18

West Australian Racing

Afternoon All. What a cracking day to be having a beer at Ascot today. Pity I'm at work. :(|)    I thought I would kick of a thread with a few I don't mind.

Race 1. Letting this one go through to the keeper. 5 horse mystery

Race 2. $61 winner at first start in Kal, then a cracking run in Magic Millions. Can He Rule Her,

Race 3. Can not get Uni Time's first up run out of my head. It was huge.

Race 4. Dynabelle, Always showed a little bit and trainer doesn't bring them to town unless they can win.

Race 5. Will sit this one out and watch, Indominus. Liked it's trial of an impressive last start win last campaign.

Race 6.Same as above with Axe R Eight.

Race 7. Pike and Peters and an  up and coming staying 3 yr old increasing in trip. Take the $3.10. BET OF THE DAY

Happy Punting fellow PTTers 

And for those looking at Sandown's night meeting in between races. Race 4 Rays Dream @ $8.50. Speedy Filly and loves Sandown.

Comments

• silkysilky    342 posts
    Don't discount my horse in the 3rd - The Witch Doctor!! Drawn a sticky gate but should relish stepping up to 1100
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    silky said:

Don't discount my horse in the 3rd - The Witch Doctor!! Drawn a sticky gate but should relish stepping up to 1100

im on
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited February 2019
    I've gone two for a place in race 5: the consistent Flower Of Scotland at around $3 was in good form before a short let up and same race at around $4 a place Wanted Desire a slashing run two starts ago at Pinjarra then even though beaten a fair way not much luck at Bunbury.
    Uni Time flashing lights run again. Those backmarkers are good to see thundering home - a win hopefully close.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    Fug me! Rose Thief won today paying $8.50. I was on last start  ~X(
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Race 4-7 Quaddie

Gone wide, which generally ensures all favs will win

1-3-6-9-10
    1-5-8-12-13
    1-2-3-6-12
    1-4-5-6-7-8-10-11-12

Rodent likes this post.

edited February 2019
    Was surprised at the support for Denim Pack in the first leg of quaddie, have emptied the wallet on him a few times and took me a little while to realise he's not much chop.
    Glad to see you left him out Bomber - favourite won though + Pikey haha. Long way to go yet.
    edited February 2019
    Anything of yours paying well bomber bar Pikey - but don't worry he doesn't ride the last race winner very often.
    Threads of Ivy [-O<
    Nice one bomber San Crispino will do!
    Quaddie - Pike, Warwick, Pike, Warwick.

H-BOMBER likes this post.

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    Cracking ride by Lucy in the last :-bd

Ridersonthestorm33, hash, DamienWyer likes this post.

This will sound greedy, but I thought with 2 x $20 winners it would pay more. I guess the other two legs were Pike favs !
    I hope @Ridersonthestorm33 had a bit on the win as well. How Wanted Desire got beat at Bunbury last start one will never know
  • silkysilky    342 posts
    paraletic said:

silky said:

im on

wasn't suited going forward, just didn't settle well enough. Gutsed it out well though
    edited February 2019
    Had Flower Of Scotland each way and Wanted Desire just a place but made up ground by having both in running doubles.
    When saw Flower Of Scotland just battling after a hard trip was looking for the big number 13 to let down and it did!

Nine times out of ten with two $20 winners quaddie divi would go through the roof unless other two legs are both favourite and both Pike.

That Flower Of Scotland can win a race it boxed on but often draws badly and sits wide. Just a horse but will get away with a softer run one day and salute.
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    Jell said:

There was no other horse you wanted to be on as they approached the bend! I’ve never seen a horse travel so well and let down the way it did for a 20/1 pop in months
    edited February 2019
    San Crispino was a good run last start too...had it in the quinella and still don't know how he held second. That effort and today showed he's got a bit of pluck. Was double figure odds the other day too.
    There was an omen tip in the last - as the sun was going down on the twilight meeting - Summer's Sky trained by Summer Dickson on a great summers day!

Next start.
    **San Crispino - she**.

The other good run in the last was Without Reason noticed him sitting three wide without cover and could be one to follow. Got home well for third placing.
    edited February 2019
    Just looking at the weights today - minimums of 56kgs - never ever thought would see the day - if you'd told me decades ago that the min in races would be 56 wouldn't have believed you.

It's was 48kgs for years and years ( 46 in big races ) then 50 that was a huge difference then 51, 52, when it got to 53 that was astounding.

Some horses must carry weight better than others too - and they'll need to - the minimum weight scale is constantly on the rise.

On this rate a minimum of 60kgs is not that far away. Without doubt it's the biggest change have seen in racing.
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    Minimum was 54kg. The 2 races with 56 was just because of the fields not race conditions.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

edited February 2019
    Also wonder if times will get slightly slower and in the future records rarely broken or equaled - technically the more weight that is carried - the slower you'd go. ( I guess ).
    Also am betting on a 60kg minimum within 10 - 12 years.

You can't ask the good ones to carry too much or there'll be a real hue and cry ( from you know who ) weights will have to become more and more compressed.

Wont be around to see it but 40 or 50 years down the track it will be very interesting.

In futures betting I'm on a 65kg minimum by then - and that the whip will be long gone. They can send winnings to the great racetrack in the sky.
    Think hoops over east also pushing for a higher minimum too. Not saying it's good or bad - right or wrong. Just that it's something to watch - it's been a major change and more to come.
  • hashhash    7,495 posts

**San Crispino - she**.

The other good run in the last was Without Reason noticed him sitting three wide without cover and could be one to follow. Got home well for third placing.

The other C.Webster horse that ran in the money earlier on is one to follow
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    jum said:

Race 5. Will sit this one out and watch, Indominus. Liked it's trial of an impressive last start win last campaign.

Had to delete the rest. I was that bad 
    hash said:

Jell said:

There was no other horse you wanted to be on as they approached the bend! I’ve never seen a horse travel so well and let down the way it did for a 20/1 pop in months

I hadn't seen that since race 3. Dani Bella won like a 1.50 pop
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Indominus is a very good horse in the making. The stable has a very high opinion of him
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    H-BOMBER said:

This will sound greedy, but I thought with 2 x $20 winners it would pay more. I guess the other two legs were Pike favs !

It paid a lot less than the all up

H-BOMBER likes this post.