G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 20 Non Members

Gloucester Park Tuesday - he's back!

Harness & Greyhounds
Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
edited March 2019 Harness & Greyhounds
Vincenzo was missing in action today at Pinjarra but won't be awol at headquarters, he's got barrier 12 and a new driver in Corey Peterson.
Mark Reed to drive stable representative Valbonne.

Peterson an interesting choice - he's a very smart driver but fairly conservative and curious to see if an early move is on the cards, Vincenzo is one of the bookmakers chances in the race at an early price of around 7/2 - 4/1.
+1 -1

savethegame likes this post.

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited March 2019
    The final race of the night one of the weakest fields ever to be assembled at GP - was looking at a roughie to back in Rockmenow - except he's $2.40 equal favourite!!

He's a one paced plugger!
    The quintessential battler - two or three runs seen him under the whip over a lap from home and beaten, only to be battling away quite well at the end of the race, but as fave or second fave have to pass on him.

Whoever said "there's a race for everyone" was looking at the final race at GP tomorrow evening.
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,803 posts
    OLD SAYING Riders as long as you come up with the best donkey in the donkey's race.

Ridersonthestorm33, freodockers likes this post.

See Rockmenow is with the Charles stable - can recall backing Kevin Charles on outsiders decades ago - could get a roughie or two in.

That family must have been involved in trotting a hundred years.
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,803 posts
    Charles ;;;remember old grey,, great horse blue pennant think a Charles trained him late 60s,think there was one who changed his name to Charles from petericevich,jay jay or chariots would know how  long the name   has   been around in the game.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,668 posts
    Tom Charles did change his name and did have Blue Pennant, an ageless champ that ran 3rd in an Inters Final in Auckland as a 13 year old in 1968 I think. Many other good horses...Sir Alex etc.
    If I recall correctly, Tom was a milko back in the day when milk was delivered .....by horse and cart.

VillageKid likes this post.

edited March 2019
    One thing with Vincenzo if he keeps running regularly and finishing top four then the stake money won begins to add up, good if an owner and consistently receiving a cheque or two a week.

Add the occasional win and suddenly might go up to around 100k, touch wood.

Noticed around six weeks ago was about 30k now he's close to 70k. Nice work.
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,279 posts
    There are a few handy one's in Vinnies race Riders including Valbonne, Shadow Maker, Theo Aviator & Tuas Delight.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Thought Theo was a good thing given front row draw and most horses inside are making up numbers.if he leads he probably wins if he breezes then he's a sitting duck for VP.
    edited March 2019
    Driving change on Vincenzo - now Bailey McDonough.

There was a character from an old night time TV series named Vincenzo, the main player was a investigative reporter and Tony Vincenzo was his boss and editor of the newspaper.

Was a great show and quite scary for its time - The Night Stalker!
    The Night Stalker was a serial killer in real life I think.
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,845 posts
    My wife gave the stable name of "Stalker" to one of our horses after the TV show as I would get in all hours of the night after attending country trot meetings.

Great show before its time.

edited March 2019
    He's not a horse he's a machine! Drove him well. 9/2 on the tote.

freodockers likes this post.

Settle riders good drive Theo had to do too much work.
    You can now look forward to Friday night.
    How did he slip out to 5 bucks $$$$$$ for you.

edited March 2019
    Theo works hard to lead - then the reward from that is to have Vincenzo sitting outside you - $2.20 favourite backers were gone before the bell.

The only time he's been a little dissapointing since the night he sat outside and destroyed the fave Wesley was when leading and unplaced behind Campora, outside of that effort all other runs range from very good to outstanding.
    edited March 2019
    And yes think they gave the Night Stalker tag to one of those lunatics.

They say there are 1000,s of serial killers alive and operating in the USA today...what the ?? The world's gone nutso.
    Here's one for you riders BeBrave in the next SS on board 126 fixed.
    Don't know why but I keep looking at him.
    edited March 2019
    Tell me I'm seeing things!!

Surely that can't be correct ?!! The almost non competitive Bad Round went to the barrier a $3 favourite!
    His numerical form now reads - 0, 0, 0, 0.

Realising bookmakers/punters have this love affair with gate one at GP but that's taking things way too far.

Bebrave at 125/1 actually picked up abit, but then had a problem - Bad Round was dropping back in his lap and couldn't get around it.

When saw that thought that 50/1 hope Bad Round gosh he's a shocker - then saw he started not at 50/1 but 2/1.

Backed him one night a place, sat behind the leader and dropped out faster than a speeding bullet!
    edited March 2019
    Bad Round's previous eleven runs including tonight.
    9, 6, 9, 7, 9, 0, 5, 0, 0, 0, 0.

But it's drawn the one and will lead!

Oh that's ok then - meaning a legitimate 50/1 chance can start 2/1.
    Come in spinner.
  • ToepuntitToepuntit    241 posts
    $6 SHEZLIKATERROR
    Pretty generous odds, finished off pretty well last time with what I'd call a dead drive
    Never one to criticise driving ability but how can the driver of 1 horse be so far out in judgement of horses ability.
    Surely with that form you take a sit and hopefully run a drum regardless of starting price.
    The driver concerned has been around enough times to work that out by now.
    If he hasn't worked it out well there in lyes the problem.
  • ToepuntitToepuntit    241 posts
    Never mind.... Late scratching,
    Lame
    edited March 2019
    Was a weak old race that one - the fourth and fifth placed horses were beaten down the back straight.
    Marilyn Said I've had enough.
    edited March 2019
    Next race the one been waiting for - the rumble in the jungle!
    Razor Brogden $1.80 v Rockmenow $2.50

A roughie for you freodockers - did have a smidgin of ability at one stage, he's very ordinary now though - The Big Bopper!

Clare's Fool back from a spell, seen him run the occasional good race - operative word - occasional.

All the money for Razor Brogden into $1.65 at this stage.
    **** you'd hate to be on course waiting for the last. More exciting at a funeral. Seen better fields at trials in kalgoorlie.
    My roughie Clare's Fool each way although turkeys horse wins it because it on limited class.
    Better get spellcheck Turvey not turkey sorry
    edited March 2019
    Somebody on here tipped Clare's Fool many moons ago and ran a very good race and a few other times not bad at all - other occasions every chance and did nothing.

If Razor Brogden doesn't win - then hard to say who might.

Rockmenow can stick on - but it's a bit hard to back a horse who recently has been under the whip at the bell, but if their stopping at least he can plug on.
  • OnTheBridleOnTheBridle    36 posts
    Clares Fool is a great chance in my very humble.
    edited March 2019
    Outstayed them... he had one advantage that the others were never going to have - could keep on keeping on when the rest couldn't.

The Big Bopper put in a run down the back but only went two feet but when balanced up again put in well.

Clare did run a cheeky race.

Lord Aviator and Jays Jays Jet goodness gracious where do you go from here.

The winner got out to $4.60 - those early odds can be a furphy.
    Vincenzo and Rockmenow both drifted right out especially on the tote, although when bookmakers go up with early markets at around 140-150% it's no surprise.
    Clare one to watch back with old trainer

• GlenGlen    38 posts

Clare one to watch back with old trainer

Exactly