G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 13 Non Members

Online Racebook

West Australian Racing
What have they done to the online Racebook ??
The beaten margins are all wrong ?

Comments

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    typical!!
  • NgawyniNgawyni    738 posts
    Seem to be a few stuff ups lately. Last Saturday some of the stewards' last start comments were missing from the race book and were posted on CRIS. On Wednesday the allowances for 3 yos were calculated incorrectly then amended so the saddlecloth numbers were out of sync. Now this.
  • NgawyniNgawyni    738 posts
    Other changes in the race book - change of trainer not shown (e.g. Falcon Crest, Majinika), Group and Listed wins not shown, Guest Selections gone (not that they were ever any use). Not seeing any positives yet.
  • RodentRodent    7,025 posts
    I loathe constant change for change's sake. We often end up with an inferior product.

Ridersonthestorm33, RIO likes this post.

• meatpiemeatpie    410 posts

WA is now part of the national system through Racing Australia, noms, scratching, race books info all from there

All info now comes from there.

Gunna be some teething problems after WA had their own system for 30 odd years I think.

This is first week, first noms were taken on Friday so think it will improve

RIO likes this post.

edited April 2019
    Gear changes are a nightmare.
     Race 1 Gero for example:
    Ashburn: Blinkers First Time, Visors First Time, Blinkers Off First
    Time, Cross-over Nose Band First Time.

We have lost the gear list too. That is unacceptable. Not knowing the gear is a real punting turn off.
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    One thing I really liked with the local system was the Acceptances and Results emails you got as an owner.
    That appears to have stopped completely.

Was a great time saver not having to look up nominations etc - and often results even....... :>

RIO likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    if it aint broke.....
    I'm sure it is just transitional, and something will sort.
    I just had a runner (and winner) though that I didn't even know was running............ :))

And yes, the stable (me) should be advising owners of that, but that's the thing - I relied on those emails to know myself, and in turn advise (other) owners.

(A bit of notice, advice, warning wouldn't have gone astray............)

RIO likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    Tivers said:

One thing I really liked with the local system was the Acceptances and Results emails you got as an owner.

That appears to have stopped completely.

Was a great time saver not having to look up nominations etc - and often results even....... :>

I got an email saying our horse is nom'd and then another when fields came out for Pinj mate.

RWWA <[email protected]> is the sender address, not in your junk? Otherwise maybe just a teething issue

hash likes this post.

Yeah, few have said that.
    Looks like I’ve just been omitted. (And Diva I gather).

RIO likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    Only one I get is telling me my horse is still on the karrakatta on Saturday!
    Better fetch her from the paddock!

Chelsea, RIO likes this post.

brady said:

Margins are simply no longer accurate on CRIS. It's really **** me off. The integrity has gone out the window. It needs recalibrating.
     0.16 sec = 1 length will do. That's how they used to do it.
  • careycarey    6,368 posts
    Rodent said:

brady said:

Margins are simply no longer accurate on CRIS. It's really **** me off. The integrity has gone out the window. It needs recalibrating.
     0.16 sec = 1 length will do. That's how they used to do it.

i have just been having a gig, and did some races for a look see.
    something has happened that sent their .16 out the window.
    2 races i did at pinjarra(7/4) are both ~.1575
    the oaks at ascot was .17

how they determine which setting they use needs a look.
    i can remember a few years back that when the bunbury season started afresh it was all over the shop for a few meeting until they probably read ptt and fixed it.

it's a good reason though, to ditch margins and just use the times.

maybe the powers that be, are just not smart enough, to realise that it should be a constant that they use.

welcome to australia, where any one joint can use completely different conversions to another, thus ensuring a length here will not equal a length there.

wa at least had it right when using the .16 constant......now it's a dogs breakfast by the looks of it.
    edited April 2019
    What happened to the * next to trainer's name when there was a stable change? For example race 1 #1 today, Katisu. 1st start today for Mark Wright. Look up the horse on CRIS and it says George Dupre but when you look at race 1 at Bunbury it says Mark Wright.
     The sooner this crap gets sorted the better.

imageimage
    PNG
    PNG
    K.PNG
    PNG
    PNG
    S.PNG