G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

1 Members & 11 Non Members

Pinjarra Today.

West Australian Racing
Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
Been backing her and have said it's her last chance too often! However at around 7/1 going to the well one more time - she was a funny run at York - "lost the plot" going down the hill, looked might run nearly last, never going to win but did flatten out nicely over the concluding stages.

Am a sucker for punishment but going to back up each way, more for the place one final time!

The main three reasons are...
1. 1000 metres up the straight with no corners to get around will suit her.
2. Takahide Ikenushi - a strong hoop who hopefully will get the best out of her.
3. Barrier 13 - outside barrier to guide her home, a good draw at Pinjarra over the five furlongs.

If Flower Of Scotland dosent bloom into at least a place today, then that's it lock stock and barrel!
+1 -1

hash likes this post.

Comments

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    Chris Parnham has broken his wrist... gee the jocks are having a tough time of it lately. 
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited April 2019
    Just watched a replay of the Lark Hill trial by The Beach - was very good. Well named out of a mare called Frizzled.

Parnham inc. to the fore again.

That's a big loss to the riding ranks - another double yesterday plus opening winner today at a price. Opens up opportunities to others though, but he's a terrific hoop.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,994 posts
    1600m 1500m and now 1000m, no thanks, riders.

hash, Uttsy likes this post.

edited April 2019
    Freshened up will be strong at the penny section! Just hope she's within sight of them. Will be gun barrel straight today - has been a little untractable lately.

Those 1000 metre races can be tricky, let's hope tricky enough to give her a chance.

Uttsy likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    are you like me and a sucker for punishment riders.......
    you said it yourself those 1000m straight races are tricky.... I like to refer to them more as traps 

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Just the three mounts for Takahide Ikenushi but all three with some hope.
    freshened??? its last race was 6 days ago!!
    edited April 2019
    A quick freshen up. She's as fresh as a daisy ( flower ).
  • RodentRodent    7,040 posts
    FOS looked ok to me BUT this race has a heap of depth and she is really poorly weighted. Will probably run a good 4th.
    Wow....way too good. Should go to Melbourne for straight racing.
  • GLAMOURGLAMOUR    681 posts
    Who's left Lee Newman,Brad Parnham,Clint Jonson Porter,Mitchell Pateman,Dan Staeck,now Chris Parnham,how mant senior rider's is there left,and i forgot,where is Paul Harvey.and i forgot Joey Azzopardi in Singapore.
    Really didn't think it could lead coming back in trip but once it did, it was all over.
    Far out wish they were all that easy, early pace - up against the rail and just got stronger. Takahide and I gave her the big banzai and it was all over.
    well thought out, riders, hope you had a decent collect.

don't forget tash faithful, glamour. gee, we are a bit thin on the ground...nev might try to get young louie's visa extended.

• GLAMOURGLAMOUR    681 posts
    thefalcon said:

well thought out, riders, hope you had a decent collect.

don't forget tash faithful, glamour. gee, we are a bit thin on the ground...nev might try to get young louie's visa extended.

yep you are right Tash Faithfull too.whos going to be left after Bob has first pick.
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Good opportunity for the others to get on some good stock and see how they go
  • tonytony    2,371 posts
    Chris Parnham has had x-rays and cleared of break in wrist

Ridersonthestorm33, oldhendo likes this post.

• ThewogboysThewogboys    58 posts
    Great news ????
    F,,rrrrrkn, spell correct
    Great to hear Chris is ok
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    great result. 
    seems staeck is ok too.. but needs to get over a hurdle before he can ride again.