In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 31 Non Members
trials seem to have been called off after the third trial

Comments

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Problem with part of the track in the home straight i heard from twitter
  • The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    Looked as though a lot of the 2yo's were jumping/baulking at a patch of grass at about the 150m mark to me.
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Turf grass not quite laid with uniformity I was told. Is there new ground staff management ?

Jockeysroom likes this post.

• JockeysroomJockeysroom    32 posts
    They also were late to start, Water cut off
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Yep watch the 3rd trial where the winner (Holy Ghost) stumbles after crossing the discoloured area in the straight. I see why they are taking the precaution, that could have been ugly
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    fk me nearly 4 or 5 out of the trial take a dip after that crossing

looks as though half the field have jumped over an imaginary hurdle and landed awkwardly 
    Burst water main under the construction area resulted in no water being available prior to Trials starting. Why they were not called off at that point I don't know.  Perth Racing doing a bit of ducking and diving playing the blame game.

Trials maybe rescheduled for Friday at Lark Hill, yet to be confirmed
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    I had one in the 8th...glad they were called off...could put him back a bit as he needed this hit out.
  • spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    I was told they tried to get hold of Chris Nation if he is still the curator , to see if they could hold the remainder on the course proper outside the hats. Don't think they were able to get hold of him. dont think you would be to happy if you come from Bunbury Pinjarra or down Lark hill way only to be told there off
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts

Burst water main under the construction area resulted in no water being available prior to Trials starting. Why they were not called off at that point I don't know.  Perth Racing doing a bit of ducking and diving playing the blame game.

Trials maybe rescheduled for Friday at Lark Hill, yet to be confirmed

please tell me they dont use scheme water to irrigate the track? This has to be a gee up, surely they have bores in place?
    No I'm told that the burst water main may have been ruptured by construction on site which would indicate it is the line of drinking water rather than anything out of bores. The problem of water was elsewhere on the site, however that still made for a loss of water in the entire precinct.
    spinking said:

I was told they tried to get hold of Chris Nation if he is still the curator , to see if they could hold the remainder on the course proper outside the hats. Don't think they were able to get hold of him. dont think you would be to happy if you come from Bunbury Pinjarra or down Lark hill way only to be told there off

I'm told he spoke with media on course following the cancellation
    This is bound to happen, construction incidents, variation to plans requiring race meetings abandoned, all of this is to come in the future. It's inevitable.
  • spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    The trials last week were on the course proper why could they have not put out the cones and used the course proper today

Desperado likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    spinking said:

The trials last week were on the course proper why could they have not put out the cones and used the course proper today

When does common sense ever occur Spink
    :-??

Desperado likes this post.