G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 5 Non Members

Comments

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Listened to the show over the last few days with an unobstructed mind, and as damien has mentioned above, its all “yes yes yes”. They only really talk negative about Kygrios and Tomic (pretty much talk about them daily). Everything else is sickly sweet like fairy floss. Nothing uncomfy or negative about the industry at all.

Desperado dislikes this post.

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    paraletic said:

Listened to the show over the last few days with an unobstructed mind, and as damien has mentioned above, its all “yes yes yes”. They only really talk negative about Kygrios and Tomic (pretty much talk about them daily). Everything else is sickly sweet like fairy floss. Nothing uncomfy or negative about the industry at all.

And herein lies the reason I stopped listening long ago. The only thing I'll tune in for now is inside running on Saturday mornings.
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
     I havent listened to that show for many years - however for some reason i flicked on the radio - was it last Friday or Saturday morning - Gareth was on - 7.30 to 8.30  1 hour straight of interviews  of gallops trainers - Peter Snowden - look this thing worked like a bomb on Tuesday morning - it did dissappoint me greatly last start - but im confident today  it will put its best foot forward - lol

1 hour straight of boring gallops trainers - pity that show isnt on at night - i do suffer from insomnia - but 5 minutes of listening to that and i would be sound asleep 

And who in the hell is D - Mac - never heard of him -  mind you i dont rate gallops trainers - except the ex trotting blokes like FRK - who are real horseman - but D-Mac he bagged everything - this hopeless - ridiculous - farce of a blooody system  - lol -and how did his fave go in the opening race - he declared that his best
  • PackedMetalPandaPackedMetalPanda    166 posts
    Markovina said:

I havent listened to that show for many years - however for some reason i flicked on the radio - was it last Friday or Saturday morning - Gareth was on - 7.30 to 8.30  1 hour straight of interviews  of gallops trainers - Peter Snowden - look this thing worked like a bomb on Tuesday morning - it did dissappoint me greatly last start - but im confident today  it will put its best foot forward - lol

1 hour straight of boring gallops trainers - pity that show isnt on at night - i do suffer from insomnia - but 5 minutes of listening to that and i would be sound asleep 

And who in the hell is D - Mac - never heard of him -  mind you i dont rate gallops trainers - except the ex trotting blokes like FRK - who are real horseman - but D-Mac he bagged everything - this hopeless - ridiculous - farce of a blooody system  - lol -and how did his fave go in the opening race - he declared that his best

It won at $5.50 - Montelena or something like that

Markovina likes this post.

Markovina said:

It won at $5.50 - Montelena or something like that
    lol - i will give him one thing - hes a straight shooter - theres no bulldust with him

Gareth said to him - hey D-Mac - if i had $50 in my hand - which one of your team do i put it on - and D ,Mac said - the thing in the 1st is easily my best chance

By the way Panda - changing subjects - and not being a smart aarse - but whats happened to your trots calls - i was enjoying your calls - and i havent  heard you for about a month
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    edited June 2019
    Markovina said:

Markovina said:

By the way Panda - changing subjects - and not being a smart aarse - but whats happened to your trots calls - i was enjoying your calls - and i havent  heard you for about a month
    Calling the races for the North- West season I believe. Does a cracking job too I might add

Markovina, PackedMetalPanda likes this post.

jum said:

Markovina said:

Markovina said:

Calling the races for the North- West season I believe. Does a cracking job too I might add
    I dont follow the gallops at all - but does that position include the  Broome  season - which wouldnt be a bad position - i can remember John Hunt got that gig a couple of seasons back

Anyhow thats the end of Gareth - hes yesterdays man - last weeks Fishn Chip wrappers - where now talking about Panda hey .
  • PackedMetalPandaPackedMetalPanda    166 posts
    Marko - been doing the up north duties of Broome, Port Hedland, Carnarvon and Roebourne back to Narrogin trots this Friday night which I’m very much looking forward to.

JayJay, Markovina, curmudgeon, jum likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    edited June 2019
    To be fair he declared it when it was $8 and you could have got more boosted. And it shaaat in. Not many trainers are that frank with their intel
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Think it might be to late for you Markovina (not being a smartarse) because the trotting trainers are so enlightening as compared to the boring gallop trainers who are not real horsemen as opposed to blokes like FRK . How's your industry going by the way . Last tim I looked I think the must were getting more of the carve up of funds than the robbers on wheels
    That should have been muts not must as in dogs
    spinking said:

Think it might be to late for you Markovina (not being a smartarse) because the trotting trainers are so enlightening as compared to the boring gallop trainers who are not real horsemen as opposed to blokes like FRK . How's your industry going by the way . Last tim I looked I think the must were getting more of the carve up of funds than the robbers on wheels

As the late and great Kevin Newman ( WA born - but based in NSW ) 10 time champion trainer and 8 time champion driver at Harold Park once famously said

" Harness Racing is about 5000 more times exciting than the gallops " - never been a truer word said

And as for your  comment - Robbers on Wheels - that is such an ignorant out of touch comment - typical of a gallops punter

Hows Robert Smerdon going ( and others ) - what was he doing - juicing them up behind the barriers - and in Group races - and doing it for many years . What about the cobalt penalties - or should i say the lack of penalties - and the pisss weak laughable excuses they came up with

Jockeys having 10k on another runner in the same race - and has the chief steward in Melb got a bullet proof door yet - what a shambles

And just a prediction mate - if Gary Hall snr took out a gallops trainers license  in WA - he would be no 1 trainer within 3 years

AceV, AbbysAce likes this post.

Strike force Tairora ring any bells with you Marko. The chief steward you talk about needing a bullet proof door was for upholding the rules, unlike the troting steward by the name of Paul O"tool remember him Marko . And you obviously think Gary Hall is a better horseman than FK , because just remind me how long has Fred been training gallopers without winning a trainers premiership. Oh and by the way you still didn't answer on how the trots are going. With the money carve up why are they getting so little?

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Gary Hall did train gallopers very briefly, think the standing around waiting to get them worked,at the track, hastened his exit.
    Spinking don't go batting without a helmet,the eastern  seaboard galloping code,has coped a fair hammering in the last few years with the likes of Weir, Currie, Smerdon.  LIl Caeser case the  Waller boys Ritchie Callandcollect. Liam Priorknowledge,those poor owners that had 5%,and still done them over. Suppose they got there  right money in the end, when they got caught out.

Priorknowledge got his job back with waller which at the time could have destroyed wallers career,who knew nothing of the goings on at the time. Which in turn could have cost him the opportunity to train  Winx , lucky player...Sure would have found it hard to reemploy Priorknowledge.
    You do the same Savethegame, I could keep going on the same as you could most probably. this is in response to Markovina declaring that harness trainers are better horseman than gallops trainers. Is that a fact is it ? were does that information come from.Another pearl of wisdom from him harness racing is 5000 more times exciting than the gallops, if that correct why the poultry slice of the pie to the code. Answer those questions and I will not only put on the helmet but the nut protector as well

savethegame likes this post.

• mattymatty    45 posts
    If you look on cris and go to the stewards inquiries 17 out of the last 21 inquiries were harness.
    Spinking well played take a quick single.Love both codes ,near on have had equally involvement in both codes,over forty years,....As you well know people get lost looking at trainers premiership boards,these a lot good trainers that found a feature horse along the way which helped there careers no end. Theres quite a few that there careers, never progressed after a feature horse,Then theres huge % still looking..   Then theres trainers that inherited a successful training operation.

My biggest gripe, as in recent times is the re-licensing of repeat offenders,Should be seen as a privilege to be issued with a license..To hear the movers and shakers  squeal out when someone gets caught, to please show cause why we should accept your nomination's in the interim, Should be can you please show cause why we should re license you again.
    That I will agree with 100% Savethegame. I know trainers both codes who are unbelievably good horseman in their own right  whos names are not in the paper every weekend because they don't get the cattle other blokes do. Also stable foreman or assistant trainers who would have no trouble taking the reins and having the operation go as good as it does already . These people I talk about show as much care and concern for their animals as they do for themselfes a lot of the time. And yes why repeat offenders or people with a criminal history are allowed to be licensed or relicensed is a joke 
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Well said spink and stg, hit the nail on the head.

VillageKid likes this post.

• SquiddySquiddy    89 posts
    I really hope when Gareth leaves they piss off butler at the same time, his constant giggling and name dropping is unbearable.

oldhendo, AceV, FreoHitman likes this post.