In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 34 Non Members

Ascot UK - Big Week

East Coast Racing

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited June 2019
    Wow now 4/4 - tote all up odds on the four winners in round figures 570/1.
    His next ride was 25/1 this morning and now 4/1 hahaha, now that's unders!
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,253 posts
    4/4!
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,762 posts
    edited June 2019
    Correct Rider however Frankie's winners in Oz are rare so we must blame the Oz trainers  ;)

edited June 2019
    He's on the fave in the last, but the next race has about 30 in it! Surely not.

Hong Kong punter's had been fair dinkum smashing Ryan Moore - but think that tide is turning towards Frankie Dettori.

On a different note thought Cross Counter was huge. First three home were basically 1,2,3 in the run over 4000 metres.

Some pluggers in the race that we've seen here Thomas Hobson and Circle Of Gold they'd be running the same speed after 10,000 metres. They can run all day but not much kick some of them.
    edited June 2019

Very early choices... 

TUESDAY
    R1 A'Ali

Posted Monday (Should have read Thursday) and $14 at the time I got on. Very well backed since.

Ridersonthestorm33, H-BOMBER likes this post.

edited June 2019
    All his winners have been bloody well backed!

That first one as you say Slip firmed right in and later Star Catcher was 10/1 on the UK line this morning and went off around 9/2.

The Melbourne punter's give him heaps! Some real funny comments were called out to Dettori and Shane Dye at Flemington many years ago, they didn't care at all.
  • PCPC    2,201 posts
    Frankie is on fire...riding the first 4 winners including the Ascot Gold Cup winner.

Also, I'm hoping Cross Counter returns for the Melbourne Cup. By him not winning the Ascot Gold Cup and only running 4th...the door is certainly open to return. Should only get 56kg to 56.5kg, that's a winnable weight for a horse of his calibre.
    edited June 2019
    PC said:

I'm hoping Cross Counter returns for the Melbourne Cup. By him not winning the Ascot Gold Cup and only running 4th...the door is certainly open to return. Should only get 56kg to 56.5kg, that's a winnable weight for a horse of his calibre.

Cross Counter is current Cup favourite @ $15.

Early days but before I know which overseas horses will visit at the moment I nominate Verry Eleegant as the main Australasian chance
  • JayJayJayJay    7,669 posts
    Its keeping me up this coverage, Stradivarius too good but they took a fair while to cover the 4000m ....the first 4 went good but some of the others were just making up numbers, 9 year old Thomas Hobson pulled up...just a dash home but fair dibs to Stradivarius and Dettori....even though I can't abide his carry on.
    edited June 2019
    Tipped Questionare on Monday and glad I got on at $12 because due to the Frankie factor tonight it is only $4.5 UK and $3.4 Tabtouch..Weak as usual and always under UK odds.

A couple of roughies tipped in the last at Ascot are South Pacific..One for the lovers of Bali... And Eminence. 

For me Good Birthday is the main danger to my selection Questionare

H-BOMBER likes this post.

edited June 2019
    Would like to see Cross Counter with some extra rain too, reckon the softer the better.

When Dettori went for home a mixture of a roar and a hush willing him on, the hush was from the bookies!
    Those 30 horse fields - sometimes two seperate races going on at once when they split.
    edited June 2019

A couple of roughies tipped in the last at Ascot are South Pacific..One for the lovers of Bali... And Eminence. 

What more can I do to assist? Winner at $23 fixed and $ 43. Placegetter at nearly $10. My work is done.:-B

Ridersonthestorm33, hash, jum likes this post.

edited June 2019
    There's nothing left to be said except ...Slippergolden 1. Dettori 2.
    And it continues tomorrow...day four.

SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

edited June 2019
    Do I go again Friday or rest on my laurels?  :)) What do you think? See you Friday  :D

jum likes this post.

edited June 2019
    H-BOMBER said:

It's @SLIPPERGOLDEN time to shine!

Bomber the least I could do was to live up to your expectation  ;)) For three nights anyway :D Which is more than my ex expected  :))
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    I've never seen anything like it last night! 
    the money for Frankie's mounts on Betfair and the huge difference in support for the second and third favourites, people were literally piling on huge amounts to be matched to back him to win

see below for Stradivarius over 91k to be matched to win and Cross Counter only has a measly $1871... and Star Catcher over 83k to be matched and Frankelinna only $407, i've never seen nothing like it and the money was absolutely spot on!! 

imageimage
    jpg
    jpg
    thumbnail_2EE06044-0E58-449D-B7B3-E70B9DDC76C9.jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0925.jpg

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

edited June 2019
    Aiden O'Brien one of the best in the world trains the last race trifecta - his runners often are short in the betting - not this time.

His trifecta in the purple and white colours paid well over 8k.

Dettori proved another thing last night - hoops into their 40s and 50s can mix it with the best of them. He's 48.

Only one of his four winners ran favourite.
    edited June 2019
    Two more races tonight with field sizes of over 24, which means no tote betting.

We put man on the moon in 1969 ( falcon had just started high skool ) but in the frontier of 2019 and beyond Tabcorp ( after - 'we'll look into it') still has no system in place for tote betting on fields of 25 or more.

Runners also miss starts in Melbourne Cups because no emergencies can be named.

Wouldn't credit with todays technology that it's been flung into the too hard basket.

hash likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,253 posts
    R Moore could do something similar tonight looking at the prices
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    JayJay said:

Someone asleep in the naming department for the Hunt Club Cup....race callers nightmare gets up....Afaaq. No matter how you pronounce it, sounds bad....probably means Nice Horse in arabic. Don't mind the coverage at all, a thumbs up from me.

They called it as 'A-feek'? That doesn't sound too bad :-? :-@
  • tonytony    2,373 posts

Two more races tonight with field sizes of over 24, which means no tote betting.

We put man on the moon in 1969 ( falcon had just started high skool ) but in the frontier of 2019 and beyond Tabcorp ( after - 'we'll look into it') still has no system in place for tote betting on fields of 25 or more.

Runners also miss starts in Melbourne Cups because no emergencies can be named.

Wouldn't credit with todays technology that it's been flung into the too hard basket.

The HK tote also does  not cater for more than 24 and are bracketing some runners when the fields are over 24.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• goosegoose    1,628 posts
    Great idea at least bracket them would create some interest Slip great tipping could you please put your tips up earlier some of us need the help.
    Hermosa just wins?
    Does anyone know of any betting apps or bookies that actually have the form guide available for these runners!
    Stats at the track and distance are irrelevant if we can’t see their form for those races

SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

• tonytony    2,373 posts
    attheraces.com
    edited June 2019
    In the Group One Diamond Jubilee - Invincible Army and The Tin Man.

Hong Kong tote betting in full swing...amazing pool sizes.

Ridersonthestorm33 dislikes this post.

Huge run by Nagano Gold at 33/1, the horse from Czechlosvakia, was badly hampered at the start. Jockey Soumillion gave him a well deserved pat across the line. Certainty beaten.
    edited June 2019
    *Czechoslovakia* think is the right spelling!

edited June 2019
    Just goes to show too that the exceptional horses can turn up anywhere and measure up in any part of the world. Nagano Gold no exception.
    edited June 2019
    hash said:

Does anyone know of any betting apps or bookies that actually have the form guide available for these runners!
    Stats at the track and distance are irrelevant if we can’t see their form for those races

I watch many videos and study the following best three form guides and they all have apps;

That should assist you in a huge way Hash.

hash, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.