G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 10 Non Members

R1: One off Delight has opened longer odds than I
thought it would with 365, I was expecting it to open closer to 6/4. I thought
after a bit of work it would find the front and be hard to beat. That said I
thought that slight bit of work and All Jokes Aside keeping it honest could
make it vulnerable and give a chance for Batavia On Fire, who I expect to
drift, to flash over the top of them.

Tip: No10 Batavia On Fire. Bet: Something small One Off Delight if
that price is available at the tab to cover an EW on Batavia On Fire.

R2: Happy to back up on Mad Robber. He was smashing
the line in a quick sprint home after being driven cold last week. I thought
Simba Bromac and more so Vincenzo Peruggia could do enough early to bring Speed
Man undone, I think Vincenzo has a decent chance of getting across him.

Tip: No11 Mad Robber. Bet: EW Mad Robber and something very small on
Vincenzo.

R3: Mighty Santana is priced as though he is just
going to walk to the front and waltz in. He may but I didn’t think him leading,
at least easily, was cut and dry. I will be having something very small on The
Trilogy. Can pull super hard over 2500m but is usually ok when following a
helmet. Last run was a bit of a hide away good run, will be bobbing up again
soon.

Tip: No4 Mighty Santana. Bet: The Trilogy EW.

R4: I give Pierre Whitby zero chance of holding Major
Artist and as a result being 3 back the pegs when it hands up to
Patrickthepirahna. However I actually think that is a better result as there is
more chance of Edgerton-Green kicking away with Major Artist on his back. This
should opening up the field for Pierre Whitby to finish all over the top of
him. With Theo Aviator in the breeze I thought it would be hard for both Gee
Jay Kay and Know When To Run to get into it likely having to just make that one
run at them over the final 1000m but they are flying.

Tip: No1 Pierre Whitby. Bet: FF:1,3/1,2,3,8/1,2,3,4,8/1,2,3,4,5,8,10. 100%
costs $72. Pierre EW.

R5: Tact Major does look the leader and winner. It
does worry me that it could hand up to Herrick Roosevelt or King Of Swing so I
wont be backing it. Will be cheering for the every improving I’m Soxy.

Tip: No1 Tact Major. No Bet.

R6: Can Colin Brown get Typhoon Tiff back up for
this? She does look the leader and would win at her best but at odds on I’m
looking elsewhere. I thought visually Fake News was a good run to step in to
this last week but they didn’t break any records home. Ended up with Delightful
Reaction at the double figures. Followed up her good run in the oaks with a tradesman
win in low grade without really being asked for anything. Just thought going
well she was worth a gamble.

Tip: No12 Delightful Reaction. Bet: EW No12 Delightful Reaction.

R7: Some big variations in the couple of early
markets I can see. 365 haven’t missed Gold Horse Shoe. Was a big run at Pinj
the other day but I thought this would be a hotly contested lead and could set
it up for a run on type. Bettor Be Oscar has the runs on the board and is an EW
price with Sportsbet. You can’t go wrong backing him EW in this and I have been
following Alta Rhett for a bit, absolutely love the engagement of DEG in the
cart. It can sprint as well as anything in this race. Even El Shuey will be
sitting right up behind them and be dangerous.

Tip: No12 Better Be Oscar. Bet: Hopefully get some of that $34/$7 with the
local markets Alta Rhett.

R8: Low grade race for a Friday but looks very
competitive. I thought Adda Tarantella could muscle its way to the top and hold
them off, prices available look great early doors.

Tip: No3 Adda Tarentalla: Bet, I’ll be having a bit of a go at this one.

R9: Does The War Nurse cross Maczaffair? I think it
might and it will at least try and with Veiled Secret kicking up under them it should
guarantee a good tempo for Lady De Larenta to sit and go bang.

Tip: No2 Lady De Larenta. Bet: She seems a bet at around that 5/2 to 3/1
range.

R10: I’ll tip Space Junk but his manors scare
me off backing him.

R11: I think Fifty Five Reborn might be pretty
smart, wouldn’t be surprised if this is a resounding victory.

R12: Aristoratic Star brought itself undone a bit
last week, wouldn’t want it as the last leg of my multi for the night but it
has to be hard to beat.

Comments

  • MarkovinaMarkovina    1,067 posts
    Great preview as allways Gilga - but your preview is like a cryptic crossword puzzle - there will be an attractive prized winner in your selections - but which one is it ?- who is the Mister Ardee for this week

    jum, Chris likes this post.

  • VillageKidVillageKid    1,489 posts
    Race 1- All Jokes Aside
    Race 2- Chiaroscuro
    Race 3- Mighty Santana
    Race 4- Shockwave
    Race 5- My Hard Copy
    Race 6- Typhoon Tiff
    Race 7- Bettor Be Oscar
    Race 8- Caruba
    Race 9- Maczaffair
    Race 10- American Dynasty
    Race 11- Magical Mysty
    Race 12- Aristocratic Star

    Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

  • freodockersfreodockers    284 posts
    Race 4 tellmetoattack might be a bit of early speed on if so he is one to watch. De campo has a knack of producing long shots in these races.
    Vulcan tin each way think Chris Voak has a score to settle 2500 metre trip, best performed horse in this class race.
  • Ivorytrunkey86Ivorytrunkey86    12 posts
    How good was the drive on ardee
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    9,236 posts
    edited June 21
    How often would a horse win in consecutive weeks from gate 9 both times and at tote odds of over 40/1 and 105/1.

    Tote all up upwards of 4,300/1...and driven by sisters (?) J. Young & M. Young to boot.

    savethegame likes this post.

  • ChrisChris    4,103 posts
    It’s a gift of yours Gilga
  • ChrisChris    4,103 posts
    Take your pick at this stage Markinova
  • sonnysonny    619 posts
    Good quaddie Gilga... No response for a sponsor yet???
  • jumjum    2,615 posts
    You are the man Gilga <:-P
  • hashhash    6,441 posts
    Lady De La Renta what a tough horse she always gives 100% enjoy your time in the states girl :x

    Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    9,236 posts
    Gilga the better half will enjoy the shopping tomorrow...time to chime those immortal words to her..."broke even".

    curmudgeon, jum, VillageKid likes this post.

  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    1,388 posts
    JJ gets the choccies first up at Wagin with Son of a Tiger ....nice win and outclassed that field easily.
  • hashhash    6,441 posts
    Markovina said:

    Great preview as allways Gilga - but your preview is like a cryptic crossword puzzle - but which one is it ?- who is the Mister Ardee for this week




    Just read his text in bold and forget the rest ;)

    Gilgamesh, jum likes this post.

  • GilgameshGilgamesh    3,039 posts
    hash said:

    Markovina said:

    Great preview as allways Gilga - but your preview is like a cryptic crossword puzzle - but which one is it ?- who is the Mister Ardee for this week




    Just read his text in bold and forget the rest ;)



    Format is a work in progress, might just bold the ones I'm thinking off backing next week. Some are bold this week that although on top def wouldn't have backed at the prices i.e. Spacejunk.

    And absolutely "that one got me square" got a run haha.

    curmudgeon, hash likes this post.

  • GilgameshGilgamesh    3,039 posts
    How good is Emily Suvaljko? She is so young, its unbelievable.

    Loved that she didn't try to make the run before it was there that last race at Wagin on Kel Bruton.

    Best of all the market doesn't seem to have caught on to how good she is going!

    VillageKid, savethegame, Betonme likes this post.

  • MarkovinaMarkovina    1,067 posts
    Just watched the replays re Wagin and GP - my brief summary of events

    Couple of small winning bets Kapeka Fella and Adda Tarrentelo ( put the writing on the wall with its last start at Narrogin ) and well done to Charles Draper who i think is a pretty good trainer - did a great job with Jasper Caspar - and is that Cody Walldrodt 1st Frid night winner at GP . Pity Glencoe couldnt win the last at Wagin - but it had every possible hope

    Jay Jay has got another decent horse - might be as good as Neiglor - how slow they went early - looked like 68 1st half  not 63.5 - wasnt entitled to win - but it won easily

    Now the Brickbat - a few posters have correctly pointed out that Im Soxy is the most improved pacer in Aust and they are 100% correct . However on the other side of the coin - i think Maczaffair is the most dissappointing  pacer  in Aust in the last 5 years . When Shannon was driving that horse it was in sensational form - then it ran in a race i think against the colts - came from a mile back and destroyed them - and i thought this horse is a champion - however it has not gone on with the job - tonight $1.75 - it raced sour for mine and was basically gone at bell - for the ability it showed under Shannon - it has been a bitter bitter bitter bitter  dissappointment
  • ToepuntitToepuntit    170 posts
    Markovina said:

    Just watched the replays re Wagin and GP - my brief summary of events

    Couple of small winning bets Kapeka Fella and Adda Tarrentelo ( put the writing on the wall with its last start at Narrogin ) and well done to Charles Draper who i think is a pretty good trainer - did a great job with Jasper Caspar - and is that Cody Walldrodt 1st Frid night winner at GP . Pity Glencoe couldnt win the last at Wagin - but it had every possible hope

    Jay Jay has got another decent horse - might be as good as Neiglor - how slow they went early - looked like 68 1st half  not 63.5 - wasnt entitled to win - but it won easily

    Now the Brickbat - a few posters have correctly pointed out that Im Soxy is the most improved pacer in Aust and they are 100% correct . However on the other side of the coin - i think Maczaffair is the most dissappointing  pacer  in Aust in the last 5 years . When Shannon was driving that horse it was in sensational form - then it ran in a race i think against the colts - came from a mile back and destroyed them - and i thought this horse is a champion - however it has not gone on with the job - tonight $1.75 - it raced sour for mine and was basically gone at bell - for the ability it showed under Shannon - it has been a bitter bitter bitter bitter  dissappointment

    Just watched a couple of replays myself, Wagin r2 what was k young thinking, take the trail and win as you please, on the other hand made for an interesting race

  • savethegamesavethegame    1,317 posts
    Great work gilga,you were over the whole meeting....Talk about a drive and half ona 100/1 pop,all the millimetres , madeleine young  saved in the run,as she threaded the needle through the field,soon turned into metres. just like it was programed.

    Emily Suvaljko.continues to rack up the winners,blessed with a inbuilt clock,patenice seems one of her best assests big future...

    Just on the first 4s race 8,9,10,pools labouring at 5 to 7k, then a carryover component to race 11, pool jumps to nearly 27k

    Jay Jay roadshow rolls on ,two-up superstition sevens are out,buggered that up. now 8/8. well done.
    Pleasing aspect of the night the westbreds races had full fields at g.p.

    VillageKid, curmudgeon, Gilgamesh likes this post.

  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    1,388 posts
    edited June 22
    Gilgamesh said:

    How good is Emily Suvaljko? She is so young, its unbelievable.

    Loved that she didn't try to make the run before it was there that last race at Wagin on Kel Bruton.

    Best of all the market doesn't seem to have caught on to how good she is going!

    Being part of the Suvaljko clan Emily would have had a Masters degree in race and driver analysis by the time she was seven Gilga ....no one in history would have watched more replays with accompanying critiques...there is only one focus in Suvaljkoland ....harness racing 

    savethegame, JayJay, Gilgamesh, jum, VillageKid likes this post.

Sign In or Register to comment.