G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 18 Non Members

The Other Belmont Preview for 17/8/19 by TMP (still)

West Australian Racing
Whether the track is sig rain affected or not will change the results at this v good meeting I believe.
Has there been a thunderstorm or just showers over Belmont?
I am guessing (as usual) that it will be soft 5 or soft 7.

R/1 I will couple 5 from 3 here.
The Patronize progeny have done well and here is another one; from a trainer in form; strong at the end of barrier trial. But you cannot leave out the Warwick stable with Jovella.

R/2 I have too go for the fave becos of the magnificent breeding, the stable and the rider. I am just hoping that he was not fully wound up in his first run. The price is good; but if the horse who beat him has also improved?

R/3 I'm sticking with the up and comer here Zaratite. It will be a good race to watch. Unfortunately Royal Strata has drawn out, so the trend of longer priced stablemates winning should not contine here.

R/4. One of the smarter forum members (that excludes me) has been barking Unitime. It was a really great win last start. If this fellow is truly aimng higher and can run the 1400m, he should bolt in.

R/5 Here is the old school v the new school. Great Again seems to have been sensationally supported in to be a short fave now. Initially I was v keen on the stable mate; but then the best form is over longer distances. I wouldn't put it past LS though to trick everyone (as he usually tricks me).
If it buckets down do not forget Profit Street.
But even with soft 5 to 7 I do like Multiverse.
Lochroy was an old fave of mine when PK rode him; I do not think wet racks suit him.

R/6 The fave here again has great breeding and you would have to think he has improved from his 3yo days; he is on top for me.
Three secrets ran great time first up and may have finally turned the corner as a mature horse.
Of course Why Choose Her may need a v wet track to show her best.

R/7I shouldn't go away from Essential Spice but the top 2 attract me.
I think Saracino in front with Floyd running 2nd in the run would be v difficult to pass.

R/8 Neurological was great for me last time and seems to handle going when on song; so he is the main one for me here.
I have to put in Miracle Man; is working to a win and a great barrier draw.

R/9 Nordic King seems not to have done anything in the wet but is v lightly raced; so will go in.
The fave is too short but you cannot leave him out of your quad.
Black Shadow powered away last time but the times were not great.
Divine Shadow is by Blackfriars (Black Shadow is by Trade Fair). The longer trip should suit and TT is riding the best I can remember.

Well that is it  for Saturday for me.  I will see if I can catch an old Vicar of Dibley  viewing on the TV or try and finish that film The Two Jakes; all with a glass or.... .......of cool climate Cab or merlot.
All the Best.
+1 -1

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited August 2019
    Race 1: Alien From Mars - keep an eye on this invader..hopefully will give them a scare tomorrow.

Race 4: They can all get beat ( except Black Caviar and Winx ) but got a hunch about Uni Time developing into a Perth topliner. Been impressed with him from day one.

Race 5: Profit Street - was going to but nope just can't fall for him again. Chris Parnham on plus rain - what the heck, place and small win..come in spinner.

Gilgamesh, thefalcon likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    riders, PS has had 9 runs 2nd up with zero wins...great again looks a monty.

Ridersonthestorm33, hash likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,236 posts
    I wouldn't put it past LS to pull one out and "Weir" the punters with the stablemate Tamasa. I'm keen on it.

Uttsy likes this post.

edited August 2019
    Very interesting runner, last start Moonee Valley winner, has a good record, watched replay of Lark Hill trial, we all knew it would be a soft one, needed to have oodles and oodles up his sleeve to be a chance in the Belmont Newmarket and the good news is he did.

They can't all win but wouldn't knock any of the four main fancies - Great Again, Lockroy, Tamasa or Multiverse.

Then the three roughies of the seven...
    Rebel King - been a grand campaigner but the old boy normally takes a brolly with him and shies away from the wet conditions, but could be thereabouts when the whips are cracking. Won once and been placed once from seven goes on the soft, win was by a whisker over Man Booker.
    Disposition - first up - rank outsider in small field's punter's will be lining up.
    Profit Street - good luck we'll need it.
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    Profit Street  :))
    some people are just pure suckers for punishment when it comes to the punt 

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

edited August 2019
    Was their birthday only a couple of weeks ago but Rebel King, Disposition, Lockroy and Profit Street all 8yrs. The heavily backed fave - he's into even money - is 7.

Multiverse and Tamasa the new kids on the block.
  • UttsyUttsy    129 posts
    The way that rail played in the first Profit Street has to come right into contention
    Alien From Mars pretty good, just found one better on the day, but joined in ok.

Likewise Uni Time - got back and widest of all, kept fighting all the way to the line, possibly a fraction unlucky, now seven starts for 3 wins 3 seconds and a third, but take nothing away from the winner though, it was a very good effort and hit the line with gusto.
    edited August 2019
    When Alan Kennedy went for the three card trick of trying to hold Go Crying in that normally spells trouble, and it did!

Think Uni Time possibly just put off his game a fraction there, but kept on keeping on to snatch second. He's looking more and more a 1500 - 1600 metre type. Will be interesting to see his next run. Go Crying too for that matter, it was impressive for Peter Knuckey.
    edited August 2019
    All one way support and always in control for the heavily backed Great Again. Rebel King fought on hard, he's a trier. Multiverse was good, Disposition battled away ok.

Don't know what to make of Tamasa @Bomber, funny old run, not too bad over concluding stages but never going to be in it. Lockroy on face value a shocker.

Run of the race possibly Profit Street - settled last, ran last :O)

hash likes this post.

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    RK a trier, and gave the winner 5kg...
  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    Good jockey change on Chix Pic. Worked a treat.
  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    Did a good of stitching up the fav in the last too.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,236 posts
    Gee whiz backed blue horse each way at a big price and get beat by a 150-1 shot.
    edited August 2019
    Done by the only horse in the race to have unplaced form at Leonora and Toodyay, albeit a fair while ago. Nine years of age too, well done to punter's who found that one. Lucy Warwick followers perhaps on board.
  • JellJell    1,201 posts
    Kudos to Scott Embry. He had Purist in his top 4 this morning as one that could win at big odds.

Ridersonthestorm33, TheSwooper likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,025 posts
    Love to know the reasoning for selecting Purist
    ^^ so would I.....maybe the lucy influence.. :-??
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,788 posts
    Told to have something on but didn't...….its last start was tick over the fastest last 600m of the race plus pointed out to me its wet card is 10--3--2---0...as part of the reasoning. but me too clever.
    edited August 2019
    Quaddie...
    First leg about 6/1 tote and shorter fixed - Ash Maley trained runner - easy goes in. What a good trainer for this day and age. Small team - gets results.

Leg two - Essential Spice Odds On - Chris Parnham - no rocket science involved there.

Leg three - Free Trade - Parnham again - favoured runner around 5/2 11/4 it's getting all too easy.

Leg four - Purist - Do'h!

With those three well fancied runners Purist has railroaded many of the Quaddie punter's and lifted the dividend to over 10k.
    its called "punters lament" riders but I prefer to call it "stiff s*it"....

DamienWyer likes this post.