In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 53 Non Members

The race to 100 winners 5.0

East Coast Racing

Comments

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    spinking said:

Cmon Kramer your not go let JM get away with riding 5 today without saying anything

Oh I'll allow that to slide. I would not that Zac has ridden a treble today half way through the ten race programme. Call me opportunistic if you must. 

spinking likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    3 ZP. 2 JM. Two races to go JM on the fav in both
    spinking said:

3 ZP. 2 JM. Two races to go JM on the fav in both

One down. One to go [-O<
    Moreira 97(20%)
    Purton 95(21%)
    Pike 78(25%)
    J Mac 69(20%)
    Nash 60(18%)
    Berry 55(15%)
    McNaught 51(17%)
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    I have Happy Warrior blackbooked in race 2 tonight, currently $7.50
    Stays in there with a barnstorming finish into third place
    edited April 2020
    Last night at Happy Valley we  officially entered the bizarro world as Joao reclaimed his mantle as Magic Man with an absolute peach of a ride on Simply Fluke from barrier 12 in race 4:

Meanwhile,  'Not a Zac' Purton gets beat on another shortie(Stronger) in the final race with a ride that would make even Glyn Schofield blush

Magic Man 98(20%)
    Not A Zac 96(21%)
    Pike 78(25%)
    J Mac 71(20%)
    Nash 61(18%)
    Berry 55(15%)
    McNaught 51(17%)

Manchild likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Unsure if their rides get overbet but those two can be still be frustrating to punt on..plus their mounts are NO value mostly.

"Not A Zac"..Like it!

"Not A Zac"..Like it!

I'm fairly sure one of the other contributors on this forum came up with that unkind moniker. I take no credit!  :D
    Dont think itr was me.Didnt get a chance to watch any from HK yesterday but agree with you Kramer after watching what you posted above . They should use that ride at every apprentice jockey school around the world.Still going down to the wire the premiership. Thunder i think you do take the unders on both of them , but two sundays ago JM last winner paid $12.00 . If you had $5 dollars on his rides that day you come out way in front
    ouch stronger still looking for a out
    Magic Man 98(20%)
    Not A Zac 96(21%)
    Pike 83(25%)
    J Mac 73(19%)
    Nash 63(18%)
    Berry 55(15%)
    McNaught 51(17%)
    Race over

jum likes this post.

JM rides 3 winners ZP and him quinellad those 3 races
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    spinking said:

Race over

:x <:-P :O)   :-j   :-c

Moreira 101(20%)
    Purton  97(20%)
    Pike 83(25%)
    J Mac 73(19%)
    Nash 63(18%)
    Berry 55(15%)
    McNaught 51(17%
    spinking said:

Race over

Attn mods: Please edit title to: Race to 150 wins :D

Lovely by Purton on Island Shine. $10 :)
    edited April 2020
    A treble for Zac spells trouble for Moreira as Joao retains his title as the Happy Valley donut king. In the absence of donuts, easter eggs are the new hydroxychloroquine-they may or may not work. All I can hear is Donald Trump in hushed tones  saying "try them".

Moreira 101(20%)
    Purton  100(20%)
    Pike 84(25%)
    J Mac 75(19%)
    Nash 66(18%)
    Berry 56(15%)
    McNaught 52(17%)
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    R2 Purton on the fav drawn gate 8 and gets posted 3 deep the trip(Knew it would happen as I was on ffs), meanwhile Moreira from 14 pulls out a gem and pissed it in with a peach of a ride..ugghh same shit different country, drawn sticky gates it's barely worth backing any m'fer :-q
    Moreira 104(20%)
    Purton  101(20%)
    Pike 85(24%)
    J Mac 76(19%)
    Nash 68(18%)
    Berry 57(15%)
    McNaught 52(16%)
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    I see chad Schofield had a good day yesterday, what’s his total and strike rate?
    paraletic said:

I see chad Schofield had a good day yesterday, what’s his total and strike rate?

34(10%), which is 5th in active jockeys. Grant Van Niekerk, had actually ridden more winners: 37(11%) before the HKJC terminated his contract in mysterious circumstances.
    Ah I was wondering where Van Neikirk went

Chad Schofield and also A Hamelin seem to be killing it at the moment
    edited April 2020
    H-BOMBER said:

Ah I was wondering where Van Neikirk went

Chad Schofield and also A Hamelin seem to be killing it at the moment

Described as a 'domestic dispute'. I'm sure you can connect the dots. [-X
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Thought Van Neikirk would eventually finish up, a consistent top 4 player in jockey ranks,last season,was the most profitable jockey  returning a incredible 50.2per cent, on investment for win bets,From day one, mentioned with his attitude and desire he rides 100/1 chances, like favourites,but that comes with a lot suspensions, had already served 5,suspensions this season, ,and deferred his latest indiscretion ,Just through different media releases,along the way wasn't well liked out in the middle,

Own admission domestic dispute with girlfriend, which resulted in a foot injury .so his contract was terminated.

Chad Schofield is airborne  riding a winner at least at the last eight meetings,Frenchman  Hamelin is off to a flying start ,so many top jockeys from around the world fail to master happy valley, that's the track, whih sorts the wheat from the chaff. as far as how good they really are.Pike rode 2 winners from 99 rides,at happy valley. ---

South Africian premiership winning jockey Lyle Hewtison. has left hong kong this year after 3 winners coming from 255 rides.James Mcdonald,  Hugh Bowman are winless this season having  31 rides between them, Bowman has won most of the big races on previous visits.

Have notice Hamelin seems to knot his reins on most of his rides,were some jockeys do it for different reasons, short neck horses etc.

The Battle between Moreira & Purton is worth the watch -----Moreira  to get donuts on wed. Zac  can  make ground  ---104 To 101. no better contest between them,-------- last Wednesday night in the last race.

therealkramer likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    It’s actually a really interesting battle. From a completely selfish point of view, I hope the Aussie sticks it up em!
    Van Nierkerk was going nowhere til Zac publicly called him out about his riding and then he's been a threat ever since. Shame he wasted such a good opportunity.
    See the HKJC paid over 5 million for horses at the Inglis Easter sale . do the jockey club race these horses themselfes or on sell them to HK owners?. And yes agree STG Hamelin is going real well on some long priced winners to boot