G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 28 Non Members
What a return. What's the plan? Hopefully you've targeted the Kal Cup which would be at his mercy. If not and the Kal Cup is too much too soon he should be sent to Melbourne asap. Yesterday was good enough to win a stakes race in Victoria.
 If he stays here and yesterday wasn't a fluke, if you can get to New Years Day in similar form, the Perth Cup is yours.

Comments

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    Perth Cup
  • goosegoose    1,628 posts
    The form for the WA Derby last 6 years is outstanding with winners  Itsahymn ,Boom Time and Gatting you would have to think Regal Power and Cockney Crew could win races over east Cockney Crew does look an ideal Kingston Town Stakes horse.
    What are they doing with Regal Power?
  • RodentRodent    7,025 posts
    edited September 2019
    Perhaps supporters of Cockney Crew should turn up to the races wearing these. (c0ck-knee-crew socks)

jpeg
    jpeg
    ckc.jpeg

thefalcon, Thewogboys likes this post.

• ChelseaChelsea    1,369 posts
    edited September 2019
    Was a fantastic day on Saturday Unloaded and got the chocolates.Cockney Crew has a massive future in front of him.
    Next race will be in a fortnight 70+ 1600m, then a review will take place with where to go in the future.
    The Cockney Crew owners wear Peaky Blinders Eddie one of the owners was a market stall owner???????? at the Petticoat Lane Markets in the heart of London
    Rodent,Saturday’s Win was no fluke he has improvement in him.

thefalcon likes this post.

I see he copped a massive 7 points for winning a $50,000 race. Placement seems odd given he could easily have won the 70+ 1600m race on the same day where he would have had an easy lead with a lot less weight. He would have won a lot more $$$ as it was a $70,000 race. In all probability he would have copped less points for winning assuming the better horses may have got closer than 8 lengths.
     The win rated through the roof and as far as I'm concerned if repeated over 2400m on New Years Day when dropping to the limit, he bolts in the Cup.
     I only have one misgiving. He absolutely smashed Spiritual Warrior second up at Bunbury last prep and I was unsure how to rate the race as the numbers seemed to good to be true.
     He didn't get near that figure again all prep and that includes the 2nd in the Derby.
     That's where the trainer comes in. If he has sorted the horse out and what we saw 1st up is the new benchmark from which as @Chelsea suggests there is expected improvement, it's a matter of by how far in the Perth Cup. His pattern makes his own luck. Very exciting for connections.

Chelsea likes this post.

• FlandersFlanders    1,199 posts
    Rodent said:

I see he copped a massive 7 points for winning a $50,000 race. Placement seems odd given he could easily have won the 70+ 1600m race on the same day where he would have had an easy lead with a lot less weight. He would have won a lot more $$$ as it was a $70,000 race. In all probability he would have copped less points for winning assuming the better horses may have got closer than 8 lengths.

The win rated through the roof and as far as I'm concerned if repeated over 2400m on New Years Day when dropping to the limit, he bolts in the Cup.
     I only have one misgiving. He absolutely smashed Spiritual Warrior second up at Bunbury last prep and I was unsure how to rate the race as the numbers seemed to good to be true.
     He didn't get near that figure again all prep and that includes the 2nd in the Derby.
     That's where the trainer comes in. If he has sorted the horse out and what we saw 1st up is the new benchmark from which as @Chelsea suggests there is expected improvement, it's a matter of by how far in the Perth Cup. His pattern makes his own luck. Very exciting for connections.

Seems that the handicapper allocates higher points if you win impressively. Maybe it wasn't necessary to win by such a margin in hindsight. It doesn't pay more if you win by more
    Scintillating wins.....looking good for the Cockney Crew.
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    $2.80 to $2.25 on tabtouch as soon as they went up..