G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 31 Non Members

Ascot Wednesday

West Australian Racing
Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
edited October 2019 West Australian Racing
Was going to be a no bet day, but got to the final race for the stayers, often an even bunch in these races and this one no exception, but am going on a 3 x 7 basis for an ex Victorian.

Hasn't set the world on fire since arriving, just the one win at York when about 7/1. He's had the two runs back from a spell and both ok, was abit unlucky first up at York, flashing home late to run second carrying 59.5 then off to Toodyay, carried 60kg. and not much went right in the run.

Beaten at York and Toodyay ouch...but it's not too strong a race tomorrow and drops in weight to 56.5, and at his only victory in WA - hoop was Willy Pike, he goes back on again. Trained by a former South Fremantle and Geelong champ.

He's just one of many chances but be armed...be Armed And Ready!

Two others would be including in quaddies in that race are Rayarnie, won well at Northam when showed a lot of fight to hold them off, and also Stairwaytothemoon might be the big improver. Should be a good value betting race the lucky last.

Good luck everybody having a punt on the day.

+1 -1

Ridersonthestorm33 dislikes this post.

Comments

• SquiddySquiddy    89 posts
    I cannot catch pike, if I back him he gets beat, if I go against he gets up. F@#%!
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Paul Harvey. The best.
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    There’s your winner of the G2 Wa Guineas
  • YankeeYankee    299 posts
    I'm greedy i took it for Kingston
    Bookies are gutless we took it this morning @31$ they accepted for  half the bet and will confirm for the rest which they did and it was not a huge sum Ps thats was Ladbrokes Now into $9.50 with TAB
    KT looks the go.

Golden Eagle could be on the cards next year haha

Another one for the battlers. Good on them
    Was ultra keen Persistence time 2 starts back. Backed Rayarnie today and PT wins like Winx

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    Wowee that last race was a bit .... strange. Winner specked in the betting, wins by a large space. Majority of the field didn't look at all interested in being competitive.
    Not a good look at all I gotta say at first look

H-BOMBER said:

KT looks the go.

Golden Eagle could be on the cards next year haha

Another one for the battlers. Good on them

They prob add blinkers next start and it grows another leg. Scary
  • FreoHitmanFreoHitman    426 posts
    Flanders said:

Wowee that last race was a bit .... strange. Winner specked in the betting, wins by a large space. Majority of the field didn't look at all interested in being competitive.
    Not a good look at all I gotta say at first look

Think a few questions going to be asked

• FreoHitmanFreoHitman    426 posts
    H-BOMBER said:

Was ultra keen Persistence time 2 starts back. Backed Rayarnie today and PT wins like Winx

Tabtouch have the blackbook service.
    Its high time they introduced the shit list service. Every one of these would have been entered.
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    watch the ride on abledane.. not sure ive seen anything like that in a staying race where they were strung out... completely bizarre... 

Initially after looking at the form in the last race i thought it was a Goat Race... afterwards, I've changed my mind. Similar sounding but not quite the same
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited October 2019
    Haven't looked them all up, but three of the hoops out the back were Harvey, McNaught and Pike.

There was one experienced hoop in the race and I mean he litterally did not move. His ride was motionless.

As far as Armed And Ready goes pretty ordinary just the same, Pikey was on the back of something that came of the fence early and went nowhere.

All ordinary, the very first horse noticed backed yesterday afternoon, bang firmed in immediately - Persistence Time.
    edited October 2019
    That Shadow horse came off the fence early, and put the brakes on, field immediately broke into two halves.

Stairwaytothemoon almost ran favourite, well don't think have seen a horse run that slowly, a snail would've beaten it home!

Been watching and punting along time, one of the most fascinating races have seen. Alls fair though good luck if found Persistence Time, for those who didn't back it, don't worry on today's run it should be winning it's next ten!
    Stewards might not be able to pack up early and bail today. They'll be spewin it was the last race
    Takes abit for me to get riled, and can still see a sense of humour in it, but haven't seen one that blatant for along time, it was a farce, but the show goes on!

And of course all losers on the race are talking through their kick! Winners are grinners, very keen to see what Persistence Time does next run. Should be winning comfortably, we'll see.

Normally if one shoots clear and manages to win they fall over the line that was still forging ahead,by the way does anyone know if its stopped yet?
  • rooboyrooboy    1,421 posts

Takes abit for me to get riled, and can still see a sense of humour in it, but haven't seen one that blatant for along time, it was a farce, but the show goes on!

And of course all losers on the race are talking through their kick! Winners are grinners, very keen to see what Persistence Time does next run. Should be winning comfortably, we'll see.

Purist looked like Phar Lap about 4 starts ago Riders!
    Now cant get out of its own way!

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    edited October 2019
    Just watched the replay hahaha.

F#%k me, at least pretend you’re interested in contesting the race =))
    edited October 2019
    It was a funny race hey...hoops were riding 10 lengths away, or ducking and weaving to avoid the impressive winner. Strange days.

For those who can remember, imagine Stewie Shenton calling that race haha, as if the commentator today wasn't puzzled enough.

Just out of curiosity wonder what the times and sectionals were on the race ? Stairwaytothemoon wow he must've taken half an hour. A few others too. That Shadow horse...goodness gracious. What a run.
    edited October 2019
    The gentleman doing the late mail on Sky Thouroghbred had the same three late mail selections as the ones I liked, so didn't feel quite so bad afterwards.

Was the only race had a bet on all day..some guys have all the luck!
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    I have a question for everyone who thinks it was a boat race. If those back in the field were going too slowly (conserving energy) why is it that the fastest last 600m split of those in the second half of the field (apart from Hay Magic) was 37.33? That was Salvaged who was beaten 15 lengths. The winner came home in 37.17.
     The winner ran the fastest last 600m of the race except for Hay Magic (beaten 9 lengths) who always runs a good split after doing no work.
     Does anyone think that the other horses would have finished the race off better had they done a lot more work early? I'm interested to know the reasoning.

By the way, PT did run 6th in the ATA at Ascot last year beaten 5.5L. 1st Mississippi Delta, 2nd Action, 3rd Cappo D'Oro, 4th Mr Alby, 5th Royal Star. He actually beat home Ihtsahymn and only received 3.5kg from the grey. That was his last run at Ascot.
     His 2 runs at Ascot before that he was beaten 3.8L by The Big Show and 2.8L by Five Degrees in Saturday class.

hash likes this post.

edited October 2019
    Yes a good effort in the ATA when ran 6th in a field of 8 beaten 5.5 lengths. Has had six starts since the ATA, and unplaced all six runs for a combined losing margin of just under 40 lengths, at a average of over six lengths a race.

The ATA was 150/1 SP and the two it beat home were an out of form Ihtsahymn ( unplaced previous six runs before ATA ) and Heart Starter.

Hopefully punters kept on following and backing after the good ATA run, all they needed was Persistence and Time.

Hopefully can go on with it now, and hold its form.

Yes a good effort in the ATA when ran 6th in a field of 8 beaten 5.5 lengths. Has had six starts since the ATA, and unplaced all six runs for a combined losing margin of just under 40 lengths, at a average of over six lengths a race.

2 starts at Bunbury at end of prep then spell. Trialled ok with very respectable 1st up run in harder company. Did nothing 2nd up but was $17 into $9 when up to suitable distance at Belmont where the saddle slipped. Strangely there was no money for it at Northam and it did 0. Money comes for it at Ascot and given the field was weak, he certainly had the ability to win it. His Ascot form reads well if you dig. On paper looks terrible with one second from 15 starts but has run 5th in the Lex Piper and 6th in the Lee Steere as well.

TheDiva said:

watch the ride on abledane.. not sure ive seen anything like that in a staying race where they were strung out... completely bizarre... 

I thought the ride was spot on for that horse. Needed another lap though. Needs to go east for jumps or at least races over >distance.
    edited October 2019
    Yep fair enough Rodent, was a tricky race for the stayers, and the market indicated that, I'm just kicking myself for liking two chances that ran close to last Kalgoorlie pervious run, and the other beaten at York and Toodyay.

With form line like those two, Persistence Time especially going back to some old form, the $17 on tote, wasn't too bad. Just seemed an oddly run race, but that's the way it goes.

Rayarnie held its form well and fought on for third placing, at least I got that right. Think the ex Victorian Armed And Ready can still pick up a race, did I hear right that he was purchased to run here for 150k ? That's going to be a struggle to collect back.

Stairwaytothemoon needs to improve big time just to be competitive, never went a yard.
    edited October 2019
    Mate, I always keep an eye on Persistence Time and even I struggled to include it in the quaddy (but did just in case). He was hard to find.
     The thing is that respected judges liked Stairwaytothemoon in that race. A 4yo mare with 60kg less claim vs a 5yo gelding with 55kg.
     Stairwaytothemoon was handicapped terribly on the back of its last 2 wins (it beat Tortina and Larking). Tortina placed 1 out of 9 since and Larking placed 1 of 8 since and that was 3rd in a field of 7.
     To rub it in, both of those wins it had W.Pike aboard.
     It was at its peak when it achieved those wins and has only placed in 1 of its next 8 starts!

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    bloody hell, just watched the replay of windstorm, it'll eat the 3yo races here and then has "waller" written all over him.
    the KT is a bit of a pipedream at this stage...