Race 9- Beltane
Race 10- Sergeant Oats
+1 -1

cisco likes this post.

Comments

• ciscocisco    805 posts
    Hope you are right in race 9 VillageKid. [-O<

Cheers cisco

Ridersonthestorm33, VillageKid, JayJay likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    A few for me tonight.

R3 No1 Black Jack Zac EW. The way this track is playing I thought that even he might take the option of holding up and shooting for an all the way win.

R4 No3 Patrickthepiranha. As good as Mighty Conqueror is I think Patrick is being grossly underestimated and they should be closer to even Stevens.

R5 No12 Athabascan a maddy for me tonight to run in to the top 4.

R7 No2 Tajie Baby. I know Parisian party girl is quick out and will wont to get the favs back but I thought Lindsay could do enough to get Tajie to the top and cause a boilover.

R8 No2 Overboard Again. Best of the night for me.

R9 No5 Extreme Prince. Having a throw at the stumps here that he might be able to cross.

R10 No1 Whitbys Gamble. Bolted in 5 back leading throughout, price is way to good to go past it doing it again.

Happy punting.

R3 Gloucester Park.

Now that is an example of the quality of race you can get from GP when the best horse can't just walk to the front!!!

curmudgeon likes this post.

• DuffmanDuffman    141 posts
    Hard watch Clarenden hustler!
    Lay of the day another vinnie @ 1.95
    Hates the pole gallops most times drawn 1
    Duffman said:

Hard watch Clarenden hustler!
    Lay of the day another vinnie @ 1.95
    Hates the pole gallops most times drawn 1

Totally agree on Vinnie, just can't see him leading.

Watch him dictate and bolt in now

Duffman dislikes this post.

After the last couple of weeks we needed tonight, what a cracking nights racing so far. Now just to get a bloody collect

curmudgeon, JayJay likes this post.

• ToepuntitToepuntit    241 posts
    By geee old Lindsay needs to give it away,

Kane_26, Rocket_Reign, Cant_Refuse likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Toepuntit said:

By geee old Lindsay needs to give it away,

Why...he made the race a race....Jnr should have sat up outside him and won instead of doing his biscuit, over driving and running second

Offthebit likes this post.

And Lindsay gets beaten what 100m giving his drive absolutely zero chance, I think you’ll find junior only popped off because the peanut went to grab a hold

Kane_26, Rocket_Reign likes this post.

• Ivorytrunkey86Ivorytrunkey86    204 posts
    That’s the sort of driving G.P. needs to make it interesting,someone having a crack. Bring back rod James and con condipedero for a few drives at G.P. and watch the crowds flock back.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Can't knock the night so far for favoured runners, five fave's home out of seven, Argyle Red and Walkinshaw both well supported.

Brilliant drive Maddison Brown flying home along the pegs to nearly pinch it on the 100/1 pop.

Argyle Red well rated in front, thought was way too short in the betting and couldn't win..wroooong. What's more he looked gone 100 times.
    edited October 2019
    ...and Richard Bell top effort to declare the winner in the photo. Just as they hit the line thought Motu Premier is not out of this and may have got up, and he's run fourth. Amazing that the Red held on.

cisco likes this post.

That’s the sort of driving G.P. needs to make it interesting,someone having a crack. Bring back rod James and con condipedero for a few drives at G.P. and watch the crowds flock back.

Wasn’t that long ago that every man and his dog was pretty vocal on here when Vincenzo Perugia applied pressure to I think it was wesley, claimed it was an improper drive, tonight was much worse
  • ChandonChandon    24 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

After the last couple of weeks we needed tonight, what a cracking nights racing so far. Now just to get a bloody collect

Great showcase of the new handicapping model. Only going to get better as the summer goes on.

Gilgamesh dislikes this post.

The camp have repeatedly said King Of Swing isn't the same horse and verges on being a non trier unless he leads. Thereugo is the fastest beginner in WA.....cleared KOS easily.....then what ? hand up and gift KOS a no contest or at least pander to his best racing asset ? Just an opinion but Jnr reckons the horse is showing a better attitude under the saddle in his work so why not have the confidence to sit outside the other horse and test the theory instead of attacking so far from home and leaving yourself open late?  35m from KOS to Thereugo on the line ....most of that margin established over the last 150 m.....hardly a miserable effort.....and coming off KOS's best effort in WA without leading.....he has been beaten over 100m in 1.55 .5 previously himself when used early. Just a point of view....but it was a race not a procession and that is what they are called.

Offthebit likes this post.

edited October 2019
    Chandon said:

Gilgamesh said:

Great showcase of the new handicapping model. Only going to get better as the summer goes on.
    Surely you jest.....fixed divvies for tonights card so far ....$1.14 ......$1.24.....$2.45 .....$1.70.....$5.00 ( fav second).....$4.80 ( fav second) .....$1.65.....$1.90........remind me of the reduced number of favourites winning KPI in the NBM again ?
    Chandon said:

Gilgamesh said:

Fluke that the marbles fell where they did to make the races and the drivers upped their game!

Wildwest draws 1, Carter Michael Draws 1, Arma Indie draws 1, Overboard again draws 1, Pradas Ideal Dahlging draws 1 and Seargent Oats draws 1 Which they all could have we are looking at another dead in the water meeting.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,630 posts
    Got to say, the most competitive racing I've seen for ages and for the first time in weeks, a decent enough crowd on hand. The Mount Eden race was a cracker, hats off to Argyle Red, he looked done a bunch of times on the run in and I actually thought Hall's mare nutted him......but thankfully for my trifecta, it didn't. Great run Walkinshaw for Ray and Aldo and the photo on track was a hoot, must have been about 30 "owners"....they just kept appearing from the crowd. Very well deserved win from a horse that has been besieged with shocking random draws. Also thought Carter Michael went outstanding and Cisco in the winners circle again with Beltane. Good night with my little mare shutting up a few of the experts at $7.20 the place. Long may they knock her.

VillageKid, cisco likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    edited October 2019
    Congrats Cisco with the nice win by Beltane last night at GP a very good nights pacing all round.

Ridersonthestorm33, Gilgamesh, cisco likes this post.

Have watched the replay ten times..with a slight tack on with the angle and momentum, Motu Premier has won!

Gee's he lost some ground on the bend and into the straight and motored late, in front a fraction after the post.

Yes well done to Belltane connections, picked them up pretty easily, and the boys who layed Another Vinnie spot on too. Didn't gallop but didn't give much either.

cisco likes this post.

Realising Hally's 100/1 pop third, but Arglye Red - Speed Man - Motu Premier if not the three favourite's very very close to it and a first four dividend of over 15k...sheeeesh that's not bad if grabbed a slice of that.
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts

Realising Hally's 100/1 pop third, but Arglye Red - Speed Man - Motu Premier if not the three favourite's very very close to it and a first four dividend of over 15k...sheeeesh that's not bad if grabbed a slice of that.

Just Rockon Bye may have been underestimated by many (me included). Her win over Arma Indie was authoritative.
    edited October 2019
    And that type of horse three back the pegs always dangerous and when The Bucket List chose to come off Maddison Brown said thanks I'll take my chances on the pegs run.

Previous week Our Jimmy J went three back and ran a place. Argyle Red a big chance to lead, The Bucket more than handy trailing, three back for the 100/1 pop was a nice spot.

Never seen a bigger first four divvy with three well fancied runners, and the roughie only third.
    edited October 2019
    Even a track like GP - pretty tight, no sprint lane and yet the run still came for the 100/1 chance, now if a sprint lane Grantham stays pegs The Bucket List - it's the sensible thing to do. And Rock On back behind him.

However with no sprint lane - you have to think! He came to the outside and Rock On got his run, that's why happy with no sprint lane, ya gotta think for yourself!
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    With a sprint lane Grantham stays the pegs and Motu Premier doesn’t get pushed wider down the straight and wins.
    So in this case a sprint lane would have assisted the horse coming from out wider on the track and at GP those coming from out wide need all the help they can get.

curmudgeon likes this post.

....fair enough.
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Thing with sprint lanes particularly on 800 mtr track is the whole race needs to be looked at as if there was a sprint lane there to begin with.
    It is easy to view from last 200 mtrs perspective but when drivers are familiar with it the tactics for a sprint lane finish start in the first 400 Mtrs of the race.
    This can be the driver that’s drawn barrier 1,2,7,9 and so on depending on mobile set up. It also has a big bearing on horse racing in breeze as to when to place pressure on leader and horse coming from rear. It just brings a whole new dimension into the race tactics.
    Have won on and got beaten on sprint lane tracks and from a drivers perspective it really opens up the field and adds some science to it. It’s not just about the horse sitting behind the leader.
    My opinion only I’m sure there are legitimate reasons against.

curmudgeon, savethegame, Glen likes this post.