In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 11 Non Members

Through the bottom of a glass: Ascot Preview 18/10

West Australian Racing

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited October 2019
    Did mention somewhere else on here and on Hannans day itself...Little Fish sat three and four wide without cover in the Hannans, should've run a clear second to the smart Tell Em We're Commin.

Am up at the Pub Tab, no sound, have had a go on the Fish and have let out the biggest "you've got to be f kidding" ...was 100% positive had been done, did the Swampy Marsh and hit the pool table on leaving, then a bit afterwards got the deadheat news. Punched air this time..was rapt to get the deadheat.

Around 12/1 and 5/2 a place in that field for a horse that was a bottler of a run in the Hannans, it was hard to fathom.

Haven't watched replay, but i must've been on an angle because thought had been done a half a head.

RIO likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,038 posts
    Photo is useless without the mirror and better resolution. From the tv I had quite a good look and dead heat seemed likely to me. I was on both but Minus Looks was a better result.
     I'm happy with the dead heat from what I have access to.
    edited October 2019
    Tabtouch form comments might have helped the good odds by saying it had a cushy run in the Hannans, but couldn't come on...or words to that effect, as the stewards report said it raced wide throughout...it was a huge effort.

Never closer than three wide without cover, then four wide, ran fifth and missed second by a neck to three horses who had soft runs, would've joined in with Tell Em We're Comin with a softer run and gone toe to toe, and run a clear second.

For all that watching live, confidently thought whilst close, had been rolled!
    They should bring something in like the protest payout...if it's a dead heat we'll pay you the full odds! Haha...don't think any of them do that ?!
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    edited October 2019
    The TAB site low angle replay doesn't inspire.....either that or my eyesight is worse than I thought....but it is the low angle and there is some allowance