G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 17 Non Members

Comments

• detonatordetonator    4,366 posts
    Who were those impersonators in the blue and gold today ? 

:-?
  • JellJell    1,201 posts
    detonator said:

Who were those impersonators in the blue and gold today ? 

:-?
    It's amazing what happens when you actually hold marks and lay some tackles :-B

detonator, spinking likes this post.

How is your team going on and off the field Eddie ??

spinking likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,745 posts
    What was the saying Eddie. It's been a long week in football. Well for your club it has been. Can't wait for the spin he puts on this one. His hypocrisy knows no bounds. Skids & Hendo been very quiet this week
  • oldhendooldhendo    765 posts
    Just another week in life. :D

spinking likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    There are a few teams that should just retire from 2020, my kangaroos being one.

RIO likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,665 posts
    Got no beef with Sidebottom, I think he is a superb player and has been so over many seasons....but it's McGuire and his disingenuous double standards that reek of hypocrisy. He wanted McKenna deported, he wanted details of the brand of knife that Stevens was allegedly stabbed with but he tries to make his Club sound virtuous by saying they "self reported" the breaches of Covid protocols....as if having your vice Captain wandering the streets of Williamstown completely elephants and  sans his clothes in the wee small hours, and getting collected by the coppers for a warm ride home is going to go unnoticed? McGuire has come across as very foolish ......yet again.

spinking, VillageKid, detonator, Manchild likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,278 posts
    JJ dont forget McGuire's call earlier in the season on Footy Classified that the next player that gets caught not following the covid protocols put in place to keep the afl season going should be suspended for the rest of the season and fined $100k. 
    Of course he quickly changed his tune when it was Collingwood's Sidebottom that was caught out and he even claimed 4 games was too harsh a suspension! 
    8-}

JayJay, spinking, TheDiva, detonator likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,745 posts
    That all we have have come to expect from Eddie. Fair enough trying to control the perceived damage done to the club and to a certain point the players integrity, but he has done so to the exclusion of his own. Eddie all over. I am sure he is going to come out and say the latest indiscretion was investigated in 2018 and no case to answer but there must be some lingering doubt otherwise it would have been left at that
    Put Adelaide on that list...

JayJay, RIO likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,665 posts
    More possessions, more clearances, more inside 50's....3 points in the first quarter, 2 points in the last quarter....they are a basket case.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Great to see both WA Teams win. Still think there is a great chance for a nil all draw in a few weeks ????
    detonator said:

My money this week is Jack Riewoldt doing a 4 week hammy and Trent doing a groin.  B-)

Sorry I meant Trent  a hammy and Riewoldt groin. I told you so .......

Cotchin and Riewoldt will go

Mmmm maybe not.
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    TheDiva said:

There are a few teams that should just retire from 2020, my kangaroos being one.

Reading between the lines, or perhaps just listening clearly to what is said - I gather Richmond one that actually is just treating it as training runs.
    Said 7 main squad players not travelling to the hub, and instead taking some youngsters etc with intend to "blood them".
    Bonus being might end up with a top draft pick.
    We’ve been blooding players for 20 years :))
    We were going to have a 60,000 crowd derby.
    We have no new  cases here in W.A apart from returning overseas travellers who are immediately quarantined like we have been doing for months. (With overwhelming success)
    The 60,000 crowd in W.A is In jeopardy of being halved because the corona cases have risen 3000kms away.
    Our borders are still closed.
    Please explain cause I don’t get it . 
    #-o
    Because we’ve got 9 new cases here in 2 days.
    One hotel worker, security guard, airport employee, bus driver who’s been in contact with one of those returned travellers, and attends the game and we’ve got the start of a wave such As Vic is experiencing now.

TheDiva, oldhendo, RIO likes this post.

• NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts
    detonator said:

detonator said:

My money this week is Jack Riewoldt doing a 4 week hammy and Trent doing a groin.  B-)

The captain and vice captain were always going

Tivers said:

9 new cases in 2 days.

Tivers said:

All returned overseas travellers. No community spread.

Tivers said:

So how is 30,000 (on trains, on buses, in the toilet queue, in the food and beverages queue, in the Camfield) poses less of a threat than 60,000 (on trains, on buses, in the toilet queue, in the food and beverage queue, in the Camfield) 

Tivers said:

Based on your philosophy let’s just allow 200 in the ground. Maybe 100 will lessen the risk. 60,000 vs 30,000 doesn’t stack up. 

Tivers said:

Tivers said:

Tivers said:

^^^^^^^^^
    F****d up the set out but got out what I wanted to say.

oldhendo likes this post.

detonator said:

detonator said:

Trent did look pretty content getting on the plane with his family in tow.The kids floaties and everything. A week is a long time in Victoria.......oops I meant footy.
    does it really matter about 60,000 at the game in this basket case of a season? 
    I'd rather take no risks and just have corporate areas and very little crowd.... if there's even 1% chance of whats happening in Victoria. 

Tivers, oldhendo, Markovina, RIO likes this post.

detonator said:

detonator said:

detonator said:

Trent did look pretty content getting on the plane with his family in tow.The kids floaties and everything. A week is a long time in Victoria.......oops I meant footy.
    I'd be pretty happy with an all expenses paid family getaway to Qld, out of Melbourne winter and lockdown

TheDiva likes this post.

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    TheDiva said:

does it really matter about 60,000 at the game in this basket case of a season? 

I'd rather take no risks and just have corporate areas and very little crowd.... if there's even 1% chance of whats happening in Victoria. 

Quarantine ain't no joke.  [-X

detonator likes this post.

We should rename the AFL back to VFL.
    Even with W.A recording no new community spread virus since I can’t remember, we still are scared to fart because of what is happening 3000kms away.
    VFL....VFL....VFL
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,278 posts
    Did you watch that **** show vfl360 Detonator?
    You would think hubs have only come into existence yesterday as apparently they are a new thing....someone should tell Whately & co a couple of WA teams have been doing it for nearly 40 days now!

brady, Manchild likes this post.

I bet whoever organised that has been removed from secret Santa duties.

Did you watch that **** show vfl360 Detonator?

You would think hubs have only come into existence yesterday as apparently they are a new thing....someone should tell Whately & co a couple of WA teams have been doing it for nearly 40 days now!
    Will watch it tonight VK. I imagine it will follow a similar theme to the VFL coaches coming across to coach our W.A teams. 
    Malthouse, Lyon, Harvey, Connolly, Simpson all dismiss the travel factor of W.A teams until they are in charge of one of them.
    Listen to the skwarking when the likes of Victorian teams under perform away from the MCG and all the buffet breakfasts catch up with them. Haha 
    =))