Who's Online

0 Members & 24 Non Members

Comments

• savethegamesavethegame    2,788 posts
    Spinking correct

spinking likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    spinking said:

Think the Cripps boys have a bit of a racing connection VK . I think Sheila Gwynn don’t no if I spelt the surname correctly is there great grandmother. Certainly been some footy talent come out of there

Yeah I did hear that Spink.
    I am pretty sure I read Patrick's brother Daniel (who was a pretty decent footballer himself) became Kyra Yuill's manager last season as well and we all know she had a superb season in the saddle and she is also a part owner of very smart pacer Handsandwheels.

savethegame, spinking likes this post.

• ManchildManchild    681 posts
    Yes  , Her daughter Sally Oaks had Fairfield Stud .

• spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    And her daughters if I am correct were Cathy and Penny . Who must be the footballers mum or mums
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Mrs Gwynne bred and raced another handy type  ...Raconteur...and she then bought out Indian Conquest from Ireland to breed to her Raconteur mares. Produced two of my all time favourite gallopers...Surrender and Marjoleo. Think he was champion sire half a dozen times?

Most probably sidetracking of the heading of this thread JJ . But marjoleo trained by Norm Faucett Paddy Rock or neither?
    Yes, the thread has gone for a wander, apologies in advance. Thoroughbreds not my real strong suit, if it had hopples and a cart, I could tell you what it had for breakfast on race morning but Norm Fawcett as I recall. I know Gerry Donnelly rode it in the Railway (3yo light weight from memory) but not sure he was the regular rider....and I know George Hanlon trained him over East, perhaps even when he won the Goodwood in Adelaide and a bunch of other good races. Someone else on here will know for sure. Tiger Moore rode the great Surrender,.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    spinking said:

Heard read same same you said it are you fat or not?

You seem to know better than me...what if I'm in a same sex relationship? Black? Short? Old? Sick? What does any of that have to do with having opinions on here?!?

And reading and hearing are the same????? WOW, no wonder you struggle with concepts!
    Have had enough of your pettiness now . If you had enough brains you would have seen I said heard in both poste you said read not me so what was that about being narcissistic. So what does it matter about being a child than as you have called me a couple times I'm over 50 so just another thing you have wrong. and why don't you practise what you preach about also staying on topic fat man
    Best you go away now and leave this thread to people with something intelligent to contribute
  • ManchildManchild    681 posts
    Sally's  Daughters are Libby, Cathy, Jenny & Caroline . Cathy is the Dam of Patrick.

Their you go Manchild you know the family . When growing up socialled a bit with Cathy and Jenny who I thought was Penny . just goes to show what the fog of time does on the memory. Both attractive girls back in the day
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,890 posts
    JayJay said:

Yes, the thread has gone for a wander, apologies in advance. Thoroughbreds not my real strong suit, if it had hopples and a cart, I could tell you what it had for breakfast on race morning but Norm Fawcett as I recall. I know Gerry Donnelly rode it in the Railway (3yo light weight from memory) but not sure he was the regular rider....and I know George Hanlon trained him over East, perhaps even when he won the Goodwood in Adelaide and a bunch of other good races. Someone else on here will know for sure. Tiger Moore rode the great Surrender,.

Seeing this thread has been hijacked - im going to hijack it again

You mention George Hanlon ( as a young bloke  he use to deliver the bread  early mornings in Adelaide - i read that in Barts book - ha ) - my favourite memory of George - his great galloper Arwon - to Georges  total frustration - i think it got beat a half head in the Caulfield  Cup - and a half head in The Metropolitan ( when Ron Quinton was aboard ) 

So it came to the Melb Cup - and when it won - when the horse came back to scale  George (who was normally poker face and as shrewd as buggery - however he might have had a few refreshments - let his total past frustrations out  ) he  kept waving his hat - and roaring out - My horse won - My horse won - My horse won - My horse won - boy it was funny 

Now seeing im a responsible poster - i will get this thread back on the rails ( pardon the pun ) my tip for the flag at this stage is Richmond - i think they will win it

edited August 2020
    Re-hijacking to confirm Norm Fawcett trained Marjoleo, Norm Coombe rode it to win the Winterbottom Stakes in 1978. Bluey Lambie rode it in a maiden. Around the time of Indian Runner. Researching thoroughbred results and history is hard work, the Harness World has it all over them in historical record keeping......by the length of the straight!

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    spinking said:

Best you go away now and leave this thread to people with something intelligent to contribute

I personally don't care how old you are or who, what and where your opinions are gained. But what gives you the right to tell people to leave this site? Rather delusional in your importance to the site..another narcissist trait!!!

You have so many of them, bullying, name calling, self righteousness, delusions of self importance, making up stories to support your own agenda, changing topic, laying blame on the other person, the list goes on and on...... you make a quote directly to me and NSS, then get all upset when one of us responds!!!

There are only 2 things in the life that narcissist can't handle. Being challenged and being ignored.

Oh and I'm not going anywhere little petulant one
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    I think it sums up the AFL in general and this year's footy season... no one really gives a fat rats clacker about it. 

oldhendo, savethegame, spinking, RIO likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,788 posts
    Be surprised if 2021 will be any different at this rate- Think W.A.F.L should look at allocation s of players from eagles and dockers to wafl clubs on fair allocations basis to make even comp.
    plus any rookie ,and any western Australians
    lads who were drafted by eastern state clubs to be included in the mix if they wish to return to W.A with immediate release clause at end 2021..if things change because it's far from a fair competition under these. circumstances.

Play Two games at Optus on a. Sunday..

spinking, TheDiva likes this post.

Nevershowsurprise dislikes this post.

NOo once again you making things up d... head i said this thread not the site its obvious apart from being a fat phcuk you cant read is your guts getting in the way. By the way i am over 6 foot so dont care much were your opinions are gained from  either (little petulant one). And everything in your crock of sh.. above seems to explain  you down to a tee. Just have a look back and see who started the name calling morron. Here i will remind you walk away from the conversation and the idiot that made them. or this continually making making dumb/stupid  statments. Remind you of anyone FATMAN
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    spinking said:

NOo once again you making things up d... head i said this thread not the site its obvious apart from being a fat phcuk you cant read is your guts getting in the way. By the way i am over 6 foot so dont care much were your opinions are gained from  either (little petulant one). And everything in your crock of sh.. above seems to explain  you down to a tee. Just have a look back and see who started the name calling morron. Here i will remind you walk away from the conversation and the idiot that made them. or this continually making making dumb/stupid  statments. Remind you of anyone FATMAN

I don't care about you being over 180cm (we're in 2020), over 50, or in my opinion a fuckwit. But when you invite people to comment - like you did many posts ago to myself and NSS - then you have to accept the inevitable....that they may respond...

I'm luvin you gregarious process of painting a picture of yourself, but no idea why you feel the need to. So why don't we just wait until the end of the season and see who has bragging rights due to their opinion, being the most accurate in relation to JK
    Can not cop the truth can you FATMAN every time you open your fat foul mouth your a contradiction to yourself as far as fuckwits are concerned think you have the market covered there FATMAN. Oh also i don't care how fat or to put it more lightly how morbidly obese you are (we're in 2020 )
    Forgot to add happy to wait til the end of the season in regards to JK
    Richmond playing like a grandinalist tonight Marko. Been good the last couple weeks
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,890 posts
    spinking said:

Richmond playing like a grandinalist tonight Marko. Been good the last couple weeks

They are a very good team  2 flags in the last 3 years is the proof 

Obviously id prefer the Eagles over the Tigers  to win the flag - however this might sound a bizarre thing to say but i reckon the Eagles would be better off playing the Tigers at the MCG in the GF 

For some reason the Eagles play shiit house - lethargic football at the Gabba ( and thats where youd think the GF will be played this year )
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    A lot of twists and turns to go in this shortened season I reckon.
    Soft tissue injuries already wreaking havoc, so nothing is assured.
    Need to get to the finals in good shape. That is the case every year I know but this year seems to carry more significance for obvious reasons.
    If I was going to have a speculation bet at a “Smokey” for the flag, Geelong at $15.00 currently seems overs. 

The way the season has played out to date has most probably helped the teams whith older lists. But agree with you Detonator re the amount of soft tissue injuries which is also most probably a result of the way the season has ended up interrupted pre seasons and start to the year , with players having to train away from the clubs and not having the access to the medical staff etc. Still plenty of rounds left so as you say it's in how good a shape teams get to the finals as is always the case as to how there chances lye. The hubs are going to also become a issue to the Melbourne based clubs the further we get into the season. Mind you the tigers blew those concerns out the window last night. They do have to keep it up thought obviously. Also agree with you Marko re the Eagles at the Gabba they have had some very disappointing efforts up there but starting to think unless our premier coughs up some cash to host the big dance ( which I think he has already said no to) the chances of a Queensland GF are shortening
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Except their incidence of COVID cases are rising.
    THe only AFL state currently COVID free (outside of quarantine) is WA.

H-BOMBER, RIO, spinking likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    spinking said:

Can not cop the truth can you FATMAN every time you open your fat foul mouth your a contradiction to yourself as far as fuckwits are concerned think you have the market covered there FATMAN. Oh also i don't care how fat or to put it more lightly how morbidly obese you are (we're in 2020 )

Just realised it's my turn..

Can you ever have an original idea? Even you attempts at insulting me are just a repeat of what has already been said.

Now to think of something really witty about a fuckwit over 50, over 6ft....nup got nothing. Give us another spray about FATMAN. No one ever gets sick of reading the same insult over and over and over again.

Taken you a while. Come on i did throw in morbidly obese
    Your right i reckon Tivers if QLD infection rates rise it sways it our way . Like to know what the WA Goverment is going to put on the table
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    I'd hold out and wait until are the only option - then CHARGE the AFL

RIO, Manchild likes this post.