G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 15 Non Members

Through the bottom of a glass 09/11

West Australian Racing
PerthTurfTalkPerthTurfTalk    3,054 posts
edited November 2019 West Australian Racing

I usually watch the Sky Channel coverage on mute however I decided that I would give it a go on Tuesday and have a listen to some of the expert commentary from the Sky Studio. Well what a bad idea that turned out to be. My brain has yet to recover.

The dribble, clichés and just genuine rubbish these hosts continue to feed the screen is beyond belief. To top it off one certain presenter (who will stay nameless however may have been mentioned previously) decides that he will run through the entire field at Bunbury mentioning their breeding that dates back to pre-thoroughbred days. He then misses the start of the race. Incredible self-indulgent rubbish.

But hey, at least I learnt about Odds & Evens ? The game is officially gone.

Onto Saturday

Happy to avoid races 1-3. Some hateful animals in these events.

On a side note Durrant nominates Action, Western Temple and Jedaffair and scratches two of these on Thursday at 11am. OK, nothing to see here punters……

Race 4

Good competitive race.

5 of the 9 are on the quick back up from last Saturday. In an opinion caper I’ll make the call to pen all the runners from the Drinkwhatyoulike race. Weird race with the winner seemingly looking a millions turning to pick itself off the canvass. Icky.

Massimo for me.

After Carocapo stood still last week Pike took control and he was too strong. He won’t be leading this however he should just get a lovely tow behind them and be ready to unload. Don’t mind the drop back to 1100m in what should be a strongly run race.

Only other horse I'll be backing is Silkinize. I'll partially forgive it for its last start where it found itself breezing into a big sou-wester. Pontiff back on for an apprentice. Obviously has a narrow win over the favourite as well. At the prices he will be a winner for me.

Race 5

In a race chock full of lifers happy to be with Beautiful Mind. Clearly has some issues with it being nommed, withdrawn, accepted and scratched numerous times since its last start however don’t mind that as should mean that when it returns its ready to rock and roll. Record speaks for itself and fresh last prep made mince meat of them over 1100m this track. Speed drawn directly either side of it so hopefully Pontiff can get her to step cleanly and park in the first 4 or 5. From there expect her to be too strong and classy. Couldn’t entertain backing anything else.

Race 6

4 runners come out the Megazone race and a couple of those being Forgotten Star & Son Of Bacchus are very well found. Weird race that one and decided to pen all that form until further notice. Makes this race simple. Smarty just wins.

Real talented animal on the up and if you forget her first two runs when she was a very early 3yo taking on older horses she has chalked up 5 from 8 and one of those defeats was in a hot race in town when she probably wasn’t ready. Since her freshen she’s been a different horse and last start charged through a brick wall to win. Fernie camp have a super record in town and provided Pateman gives this a decent steer (not what we witnessed at Mt Barker Sunday please) then think it gobbles these up and wins.

Race 7- 9

This stage I’m leaving. Track conditions particularly in the Lee-Steere will be crucial.

Good luck and good punting

ABF

+1 -1

detonator likes this post.

Comments

• MinesACoronaMinesACorona    184 posts
    Who writes this rubbish.

"Happy to avoid races 1-3. Some hateful animals in these events"

What a dumb comment! Zero respect for the trainers and owners
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Yep, last week was somewhat the same. Change him
  • hollda09hollda09    225 posts
    Oh quit your whinging. It’s a great read

thefalcon, detonator likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    his comments to me, are spot on..anyone betting in those type of races need to consult gamblers anonymous..
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    the bar fly cares not what you think... he says it how he sees it. 
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    edited November 2019
    Edited my post, no point arguing
  • hashhash    7,495 posts

Who writes this rubbish.

Have you not lost endless amounts of average horses that have been in well placed races and started some form of hate... so many sensitive Sally’s these days

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    edited November 2019

Who writes this rubbish.

What race is yours in Corona 1, 2, or 3
    :D

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    2/3 good tipping

Rodent likes this post.

• goosegoose    1,628 posts
    Yes good tipping pushed me into Caracopo each way to finish the day nice.
  • spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    Just watched replays from yesterday. Without the benefit of the head on footage to me there was what I thought may have been a questionable ride in race 5. Anybody else notice it?
  • JellJell    1,201 posts
    edited November 2019
    spinking said:

Just watched replays from yesterday. Without the benefit of the head on footage to me there was what I thought may have been a questionable ride in race 5. Anybody else notice it?

I was too busy hitting myself in the face for backing Tycoon Legend, after he missed the kick for the millionth time.

Just watched the replay and I think you may be right. Like you said though, the head on footage would confirm it.
  • JimmyPopJimmyPop    316 posts
    No questions asked.
  • spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    Unlike the HKJC website where you can see the stewards patrol film this is not available on cris.. if it was it would dispel any thoughts about the ride . With the vision available to us I thought maybe the question was askable, obviously with the vision the stewards have it wasn't questionable

JimmyPop likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    edited November 2019
    It is sort of available on CRIS. It is available in the post race interview section. Check it out from the 2.00min point: