G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 8 Non Members

Comments

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,890 posts
    The Auditor General - Mrs Spencer - made an amazing comment/admission

" If a  signature of an Authorised delegate was seen on an invoice that was good enough - we dont go back to see whether these goods have been received " - wow - i know  they cant check every transaction - but they should test check transactions even when an authorised delegate signs it

If i was the premier and i read that statement - i would call an immediate Royal Commission into the payment process of every public dept  given whats been made public the last 12 months

I

TheDiva likes this post.

RIO dislikes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    It's a complete debacle

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    edited November 2019
    As a taxpayer I would have, at the very least, liked to have seen an "expresion of interest" for a new mansion in Mosman Park listed on realestate.com by now !!! B-)

RIO likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    I reckon there might be some businesses out there at the moment who may be shaking in there boots a little as this enquirey  gains momentum

thefalcon, FreoHitman, TheDiva, RIO likes this post.

• loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts
    edited November 2019
    RIO said:

paraletic said:

40 mill now. One thing i dont get is its the culprit and 1 co accused. Not adding up to me. 2 guys cant be rorting that much through 2 companies only. There has to be others in the background. Jusy my opinion.

In my opinion the less people who know that something is happening the better. So just to be 2 sounds about right to me....

1 to invoice the department. 1 to approve the invoice. If  by "in the background" you mean people benefiting from it. I reckon that number could be rather high. Schools, studs, horse auction houses.. Bookies, car yards, real estates, airlines, etc, etc,

I heard so much from 9-10 years ago,but got no idea if any of it is still current. However until it came into the news last week... i had no idea he ever worked for the government!!!!
    An old workmate once said that if you are tickling the till, never go on holiday's, that is when an irregularity will be found, always be in control. I would follow up the conversation but not sure which gaol he is in  :)) That holiday to Bali, his wife dragged him on proved fatal.

savethegame, RIO, jum likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    detonator said:

As a taxpayer I would have, at the very least, liked to have seen an "expresion of interest" for a new mansion in Mosman Park listed on realestate.com by now !!! B-)

if its in the mrs name its hard to do that

RIO likes this post.

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    edited November 2019
    Heard another one last night where the procurement manager was also able to authorise payments up to X amount.
    He issued a cleaning contract to a company operated by his wife.
    Contract value and payments were excessive.

He didn't get caught because of that, he got caught because his wife was too busy living it up to actually do any cleaning, and other staff noticed and complained about the lack of service ! 
    :))

RIO likes this post.

paraletic said:

detonator said:

if its in the mrs name its hard to do that

Judge might it as a noble gesture and knock a few years of his sentence. =))

jimbo1 dislikes this post.

• NgawyniNgawyni    738 posts
    Not knocking the posters but it’s disappointing that on the eve of the Railway this is all we can talk about. As if the ABC doco wasn’t bad enough.

hash likes this post.

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    With all due respect, the Crawley Boathouse has been wrapped pink in a promotion for Perth Racing and I have not read a single supportive comment on social media. An iconic tourist location that for three days is not the blue the Asian tourists want to send home to Mum and Dad.

Racing is just going to have to wear both stupid marketing decisions and alleged criminal activity I'm afraid in the court of public opinion.

RIO likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    I am sure everyone that has posted on this subject has also had a bit to say about the Railway Ngawyni. I certainly have put my selections and reasons behind them . Should we be saying more about it than that?
  • NgawyniNgawyni    738 posts
    edited November 2019
    As I said I’m not having a go at the posters. Just frustrated that this rubbish has taken the focus off what should be our best race day.

hash likes this post.

Got to agree - the boathouse appears an ill considered and untimely move.

Read comments on a post like “while this scandal unfolding in racing’, which there is no scandal in racing... but it draws to it
    Judging by the fact today's West article has a grand total of 3 comments on it, I'd say the racing connection link theme to the alleged crime otherwise has pretty much run it's course......
    (And those 3 comments are all pretty much 'bleh').

Normal service to soon resume, hopefully.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Tivers said:

Judging by the fact today's West article has a grand total of 3 comments on it, I'd say the racing connection link theme to the alleged crime otherwise has pretty much run it's course......

(And those 3 comments are all pretty much 'bleh').

Normal service to soon resume, hopefully.

Doubt it. Our comments on here are only read by those of us who make them these days.....There are several people within our industry who are likely to go bust due to this situation and several others that will hurt for the rest of their time in the industry.

I hope that RWWA go to them and try to work out a way to support them, before their plight finds its way into another stupid story in the media. RWWA have now suspended any funds that would be paid to either person. Now its time to find out what they owe on any horse and direct those suspended funds towards anyone who is hurting.

IMO RWWA have been doing an okay job in dealing with this situation from their point of view, and anyone who has seen some of my opinions over the years on them, realizes that is very unusual opinion for me!!!!

;)

Thewogboys likes this post.

Comments on The West, not here

RIO likes this post.

• FlandersFlanders    1,199 posts
    I heard that a small Perth trainer is owed circa $80k from this bloke. What an absolutely terrible situation for him to be in. What an absolute grub of the highest order this prick is.

RIO, jum, Tucool likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    edited November 2019
    Flanders said:

I heard that a small Perth trainer is owed circa $80k from this bloke. What an absolutely terrible situation for him to be in. What an absolute grub of the highest order this prick is.

have been told 2nd and 3rd hand of some with a lot more than that!!!
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    more fool the trainers....
    Wonder how many other people knew about this rorting of the govt and our taxpayers dollars ?
    Would that make them accessories to the crime ?
    What penalties should us taxpayers expect to see ?
    I feel sorry for those caught up with debt on their hands now. This fellow will have a long line of creditors.

RIO likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    detonator said:

Wonder how many other people knew about this rorting of the govt and our taxpayers dollars ?
    Would that make them accessories to the crime ?
    What penalties should us taxpayers expect to see ?

You are right, there would be many that knew something dodgy was happening. It's puts notice on anyone doing something shady and I would bet my life there will be people sweating bullets tight now. The can is just opening.

oldhendo likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    I have been in the game a long time...I cannot see any trainer(s) letting a client get into such debt. they'd more likely grab the horses(s) and sell them, with the blessing of RWWA/PR.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    edited November 2019
    thefalcon said:

I have been in the game a long time...I cannot see any trainer(s) letting a client get into such debt. they'd more likely grab the horses(s) and sell them, with the blessing of RWWA/PR.

Very wrong in my opinion Falcon.....The above action is theft and would put a person in jail. What should happen and what is legally allowed to happen are two vastly different things.

Love the name oft he race he won yesterday!!! Rather ironic
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Two blokes one on 240.0 k a year senior govt official and one unemployed mystery man.
    Both spending huge amounts of money on racehorses and gambling in an industry governed by public servants and integrity departments yet nobody picked up on it.
    I will leave it at that I just hope those independent investigators in journalism get to the bottom of it, however I doubt it very much.
  • BobcatBobcat    159 posts

With all due respect, the Crawley Boathouse has been wrapped pink in a promotion for Perth Racing and I have not read a single supportive comment on social media. An iconic tourist location that for three days is not the blue the Asian tourists want to send home to Mum and Dad.

Racing is just going to have to wear both stupid marketing decisions and alleged criminal activity I'm afraid in the court of public opinion.
    Was it talked about this much when they covered it red for the soccer?
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    Two posts on the Crawley Boathouse and only one comment made on Facebook... where else have you been reading Damo cause it seems like there’s no comments at all

imageimageimage
    jpeg
    jpeg
    52033C68-1A86-4F9F-9F4F-EB0DC848791D.jpeg
  • hashhash    7,495 posts

jpeg
    jpeg
    665E2160-136E-4B1F-A15D-C74E89090965.jpeg
    There are many posts and stories on this promotion, I was commenting on one of the early posts of the evening the wrap was done and people saw it in the twilight prior to the campaign launch. I think, but not sure, it was WA Today.

Either way it's done, Perth Racing had a good crowd and typically people have moved past the horror stories coming out of Queensland due to a concerted media campaign and the acquisition of a small rural holding that has poured cold water on the heated argument.

I have been past many times this week and the regular number of photo snapping tourists can be seen posing for selfies.

In respect to the red wrap for the Man Utd visit, there was also muted opposition to that promotion, but Football is not under the same intensity as thoroughbred racing for it's practise of sending retired players to the abattoirs.