G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 25 Non Members

ASCOT PREVIEW 15th FEB. 2020

West Australian Racing

Comments

• TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    You were all about the place H-Bomber. The most disappointing effort was Hoboken. Looked like it was going to go bang and then stopped. It knew I was on ;-)

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited February 2020

A

R9 Musical Art & Plead The Fifth Two at odds so back one and save on the other
    A very ordinary day until the last.... Two legs of the 78K First 4. It is rare for me to play the First 4 and unfortunately I missed out on that one.

Fortunately I did receive a small compensation in comparison but still a nice result with the Trifecta.  \:D/

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    H-BOMBER said:

Gee whiz Prescience beaten 1.5 lengths after sitting 3-4 wide the trip pinching the breeze 8-}

i was on. Im still vomiting.

spinking likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Zachariah Beau also flooded home when all over. Was a little unlucky in the straight A's well. Worth following maybe into a mile midweek

spinking likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts

A

A very ordinary day until the last.... Two legs of the 78K First 4. It is rare for me to play the First 4 and unfortunately I missed out on that one.

Fortunately I did receive a small compensation in comparison but still a nice result with the Trifecta.  \:D/
    I got a small % of it and when the divis popped up on Sky ceentral and showed Unitab paying 16k and NSW about the same yet no divi for S-Tab I immediately felt sick and thought the worst regretting putting the bet on!! a very rare occasion the tote didn't disapoint me 
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited February 2020
    Hey Hash how do you ever regret placing a bet that is a result?
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Nice result there hash...some of the faves in that race - Mycroft and Volkswagon Frank, goodness gracious no wonder the roughies came into it.

The win dividend of $7.50 on Plays The Game was good...its run at Bunbury was 100 times better than Frank...and the Volkswagon starts over $2 shorter, realise Pikey but even so. Mycroft my goodness that was short.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    punters have to realize that Pike is not a cash cow winning machine. he's a bloody good hoop on efffing good horses but the way punters swarm to him is amazing.
    our mate ernie manning is a Pikeophile, he tips for a perth station..his 3 tips this week were v. road, superstorm and special choice....1 o/o 3 and it was unbackable.
    imho VWfrank was a huge risk.....like my mates paraletic and h-bomber I was on prescience to get me out of the sh*t...from barrier 6 htf did chloe have it 3 wide from go to whoa?

hash likes this post.

Hey Hash how do you ever regret placing a bet that is a result?

yes plenty of times when the collect is less than the outlay  #-o
    @Ridersonthestorm33 Mycroft has been heavily supported its last 3 starts this prep, I liked it even more today when I saw Pateman on take nothing away from Joey..
    the horse always puts in a nice run fresh... maybe time for a bit of a let up and drop back to 1600-1800... and I never thought i'd say this but get Kate Witten back on
    edited February 2020
    Whether thought the Perth Cup was a ordinary field or not - with a better run and race run a bit differently - and at 300/1 on Betfair - reckon Plays The Game goes close to running top five.

It only knocked up late in the race, did mention afterwards thought bloody good run especially under the circumstances.

Could you imagine Mycroft, Frank or one or two of those others in the last doing that in the Perth Cup, they would've been treading water at the 800.
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    hash said:

A

I got a small % of it and when the divis popped up on Sky ceentral and showed Unitab paying 16k and NSW about the same yet no divi for S-Tab I immediately felt sick and thought the worst regretting putting the bet on!! a very rare occasion the tote didn't disapoint me 
    Well done! I had 18% of it if Reveuse had finished 4th or worse  :-&
    i'd rather 2% of 80k over 18% of $0  :P

i'm sure your next big day day is less than 12 hours away though  ;)
    edited February 2020
    There was another 3k odd to grab in the first four dividend, with that amount being a partial carryover, what didn't realise is that the Parnhams rode the quinella, Steve gets yet another roughie into the top four, what else is new, and Plead The Fifth third, a fave of mine. Could've had 2% myself!

Yes these things can always look easier afterwards.