Race 7- Major Spoilt
Race 8- Fake News
Race 9- Mr Sundon
Race 10- Antero

Comments

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    edited February 2020

Gilgamesh's Tips For Tonight-

R1: No1 My Carbon Copy. I'm a fan of this horse, think he is better with a sit but should get it done here. @200/1 President Mach is a chance of getting in to the back end of the novelties to give them a boost.

R2: No1 Runaway Three. There is no value in Iceenothink @$1.50. It doesn't race well if it does a tap of work early but it will be so tempting for Voak to try and maintain his position, it has to get out in the market. Just think Runaway Three doing his own thing out in front represents better value but I wont be betting.

R3: No7 Theo Aviator. Didn't get his chance last week as he needs space. Voak train will drive to beat Mighty Santana, they will go to quick and Theo will finish all over the top of them, probably get a bit better price than the 5/2 currently on WATAB too.

R4: No12 Braeview Bondi. I thought he was a really good chance of working his way to the top with either of the 1 or 2 happy to sit on him which would make him almost impossible to beat. A Boy Named Rosie represents good value in the early markets, I'll be backing him 1/5 and taking Braeview Bondi to win in First Fours.

R5: No2 Handsandwheels. Sadly no double figures this week but he is air born. FF:2/1,3,10/1,3,10/1,3,10,11. 100% costs $12.

R6: No4 Franco Ecuador. I think this guy is a star. Breeze blow them away.

R7: No11 Marquisard. No thanks to the $1.40 Mr Bushido, can win but that price is poison. Liking Marquisard 3 back the fence getting his chance to finish off. Another air born horse is Major Spoilt, if he fronts up in the form of last week he has to be in the finish.

R8: No8 Fake News. I thought Mandy Joan would lead. A bit like R3 I think her and American Delight might bring each other undone, Fake News tracking Miss Sangrial, jnr will cook Micky G. Very backable.

R9: Come on Spud.

R10: No9 Antero. He isn't going to find many easier races than this, last crack at them he can win.

Good luck all.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Talking about Gilgamesh - the pre race interviews/tips  on track before currentlly with Tom Buchanan ( and im not bagging him ) and any of the presenters before him  are as boring as bat shiit 

I dont want to hear what old weather beaten Lewis ( who doesnt want to be interviewed anyway  ) has to say - or any of the other drivers - i couldnt careless 

What you need to liven things up a bit - and make the night entertaining -is have a Gilga type - each race he would say - how do we make a quid out of this race - it might be playing the 1st 4s or Exactas in a big  way 

I can remember 20-25 years ago in Sydney - 2KY on the radio - they had a Punters Club - with Ron Dufficy ( the ex jockey and now media bloke ) . Now for the Sat races - for an interest - you could  put in any amount you like - $20  $50  $100 whatever - and he would end up with a decent bank 30k say . Before every race - they would would cross to him - what are we doing in this race Ronnie - hed say look we are going to have $1800 on the nose on the fave - or he might say - look we will play the 1st 4s - 10 to beat 6 - field field - 30 times - total cost $1450 or whatever . So every race you had an interest - and at the end of the meeting - if there was a profit - you got a distribution

Now why cant GP do that on track - it would make for  an entertaining evening - and it would certainly increase turnover
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Think that's what R.Betts used to do exactly the same a punters club, if iam correct he would aim up with different ways to play each race, and was very good at it.

VillageKid, Betonme likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts

Think that's what R.Betts used to do exactly the same a punters club, if iam correct he would aim up with different ways to play each race, and was very good at it.

I wrote to Michael Radley last week suggesting exactly the same.....the track needs an MC to run the "show"....the on track presentations with Committee persons reading from scripted notes that no one listens to, seen its day, absolutely deadly dull. Liven the show up, not perhaps with all the pazaz of say a Con Migro or a Wade Aunger at the Speedway but entertain the patrons. I think it is Kevin Anderson who has the roving microphone at Northam and he does a terrific job, kids giveaways, punters club, on course promotions, really good. Robert Hayward the same at Busso. I think Tom Buchanan would be good, very natural behind the microphone, not forced and pretty fluent. Build the brand.

VillageKid, aussiebattler, maybeso likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts

Whatever happened to Russell Betts STG? he was very astute on the radio (6PR/TabRadio) in the 1980s & 90s and then on the Friday Night Live show on Ch31 in the early 2000s.
    I use to really enjoy listening to on the radio  ( pre race ) Geoff Winston - im pretty sure it was him - it was back in the days of a big betting ring  at GP 

They would cross to him pre race in the ring - and you could feel the atmosphere of that betting ring - sitting at home listening to your radio 

He would say something like ( with a bit of excitement and urgency )look - this thing is 14s into 8s from a big punting stable  - get on it 

I really enjoyed listening to that bloke
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts

Whatever happened to Russell Betts STG? he was very astute on the radio (6PR/TabRadio) in the 1980s & 90s and then on the Friday Night Live show on Ch31 in the early 2000s.
    No idea V.K. ---wonder what the end result ,with those punters club he ran as a whole, but gee he gave you confidence when he,talked one up  & you liked it---,because his information was very detailed on the airways,don't think he would get that luxury nowadays--with the wall-to wall racing.

VillageKid likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Took a few weeks but Major Spoilt continues to be underestimated by the market.......you could retire having something e/w on him every week. Good work son.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• sonnysonny    1,054 posts
    Wasn't Geoff  Winston connected to the Oliveri camp??
    Allan Christopher Lewis i will be forever grateful to him - for giving " The Major " a lovely cart up in the previous race - the 12s fixed were very nice

Makes up for getting beaten a half head in the last at Ararat

curmudgeon likes this post.

The old weather beaten ACL had already got wages with a nostril victory on Double Expresso in the main race....might have been feeling benevolent for the battlers Marko  :-j

Offthebit likes this post.

Its the 1st time for a good while that ive sat down and watched all the meetings

I tell you what - those gallops tipsters - or the gallops channels - they are beyond shocking - they are cringeworthy

Its just a pity Sir Frank Packer is no longer with us - because if he still was - then Sir Frank would sack all those gallops types hangers on in one hit - he would totally clear the decks- and for the better  

And good on the Ararat trots caller - when they put the 35k cup race on sky 2 - he said can you believe it - theve put us on Sky 2 - with 4 minutes to the next race 

curmudgeon likes this post.

ACL...applies a bit of moisturiser to the field with Sundons Gift in the trot :-\"

Offthebit likes this post.

Antero who is out of a half sister to Major Spoilt might be able to keep the family rolling in the last