G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 26 Non Members

Comments

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    And another RWWA announcement.

From a RWWA head kicker. I am impressed with the processes they have said are putting in place. The onus is truly put on the shoulders of all those people who make their living out of this industry to comply. And I'm confident they will.

Good work by all bodies around the country to keep it ticking over. Reckon if they can go for another 6-8 week,s we may be able to keep going with no more interruptions. 

RWWA
    :-bd

hash likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    Jum?
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    I see all the barrier staff were wearing masks today, good to see
    Think they had them on last Saturday to Tony. The interesting thing though is I don't think they donned them Monday at Pinjy
    The latest update from RWWA is nearly in some cases unworkable. . Horse stalls only 1 person should be in a stall at any point in time. Including when gearing up a horse . To ensure the compliance with the 1.5 meter rule they should. Also be aware of people in adjacent stalls. Surely they know that some horses are absolute nutters to saddleup and for one person to do it would be very hard and bordering on dangerous
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    spinking said:

Jum?

Have you watched Tuesdays Belmont Trials Spink

spinking likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    spinking said:

The latest update from RWWA is nearly in some cases unworkable. . Horse stalls only 1 person should be in a stall at any point in time. Including when gearing up a horse . To ensure the compliance with the 1.5 meter rule they should. Also be aware of people in adjacent stalls. Surely they know that some horses are absolute nutters to saddleup and for one person to do it would be very hard and bordering on dangerous

Those horses will need to be spelled.

People are not to put horses together, like they usually do.

A clear set of rules to ensure we can continue. Don't follow them, dont have races....The clarity is there for all to follow...OR not

SKIDS likes this post.

• The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    spinking said:

Very tricky to gear one up solo with a lightweight saddle and all elastic girth and surcingle. Much easier if someone is on the opposite side holding the saddle to stop it slipping...

spinking, Manchild likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,025 posts
    Perhaps 2 people from the same household could saddle the problem horses up?
  • The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    Holly and I were told multiple times yesterday at Ascot to watch our proximity to each other, even once I explained to the social distancing police that we slept in the same bed. His response was "We are on national TV and it's not a good look."

RIO, jum likes this post.

Maybe partners could dress like twins to allay the public's concerns  :D

Thunderstruck, JimmyPop, RIO, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    The_Bull said:

Holly and I were told multiple times yesterday at Ascot to watch our proximity to each other, even once I explained to the social distancing police that we slept in the same bed. His response was "We are on national TV and it's not a good look."

Pharking hard to do mate...Good luck to keep trying to get it sorted. Lets hope things settle really quickly. Feeling for everyone out there. Its not easy, but at least we have a chance to continue
    Its not just the problem horses Rodent. As The Bull pointed out with the lightweight saddles used toaday which are like a postige stamp coupled with the allelastic girth and the small bit of foam padding its hard throw in a breastplate etc it gets harder
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Tasmania just stopped all racing
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    edited April 2020
    tassie premier cited the fact people travel from all over the state to bring horses to race meetings. We've stopped that in WA... 
    BUT
    you'd say we're getting very close now. 

JimmyPop, RIO likes this post.

not sure how big racing is in Tassie... but thats a LOT of people now on the dole queue... or at least collecting the $1500 per fortnight Job keeper allowance. 
  • Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    Of the 392 cases in WA as of yesterday only 8 were not a direct result of someone coming in from overseas either that person themselves or a direct family member of that person.  Transmissions in the public are virtually non existent.  Of course we need to keep our current measures up to keep it that way but there is definitely no need for further tightening until that changes so it actually makes no sense for racing to be shut down until we start seeing community transmissions.  

Tivers, SKIDS, Manchild, LETSDOTHIS likes this post.

when sydney and melbourne shut down racing... i think we're in trouble. 

JimmyPop, RIO likes this post.

I'm still confident WA has the whole thing pretty well under control.
    At last, our isolation pays off !

Also helps that we're spread out, is a predominantly clean place etc.
    Look where all the worst places are - congested inherently dirty places like London, Italy, Spain, New York etc.

hash, squid69 likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    Tivers said:

Look where all the worst places are - congested inherently dirty places like London, Italy, Spain, New York etc.
    You can add Sydney to that list to Tivs. Disgusting that city

VillageKid likes this post.

you'd think tassie could have kept it under control? an island??
    https://www.racing.com/news/2020-04-02/news-racing-suspended-in-tasmania?fbclid=IwAR0TZZsQP9bjr4um89TTyJjtZRnLMqZ35b26FMiwlyiBLQEn_i3zns8AENk

interesting those professions that ensure horse welfare can continue... vets, farriers etc. 
    but how are those professions going to get paid if owners lose their jobs... or cant early prizemoney to assist in paying for those welfare services? 
    Is racing going to ask for a bailout package aswell? trainers, jocks, stable hands, owners.. etc....
    its a huge issue (not brought on by the Tassie Govt), but was it thought through properly? 

Have they had a positive? Have they put measures in place like WA have? social distancing, banning of travel between regions, limited numbers of staff at the racetrack, different pools of jockeys? OR
    are they just the tree hugger state and couldnt care less about racing or the participants?

SKIDS likes this post.

TheDiva said:

not sure how big racing is in Tassie... but thats a LOT of people now on the dole queue... or at least collecting the $1500 per fortnight Job keeper allowance. 

answer to my own question... 5000 participants in Tassie.

RIO dislikes this post.

jum said:

Tivers said:

You can add Sydney to that list to Tivs. Disgusting that city

Really? I've lived in Sydney all my life. I wouldn't have thought it was disgusting.

Thunderstruck, Flanders likes this post.

Crowded and dirty (comparison) it is.

And yes Diva - surprised re Tassie.
    Should be easiest to contain.

WA Premier just reiterated what I said above - our isolation our best advantage.
    Also now closing the state border.
  • Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    @Tivers that same release showing just 8 new cases from yesterday.  We are the only state with new cases actually going significantly downwards, others are all happy to be staying the same as the previous days so we really are in the best position in the country. 

RIO likes this post.

and all ours are only coming in on boats / planes - so are they really ours ?
    41 or so are Germans off a cruise ship - what's that got to do with us ? (statistic wise)

Manchild, RIO likes this post.

• careycarey    6,368 posts
    Tivers said:

maybe predominately smokers in those countries/cities?
    roxon may have assisted here and hopefully resulting in less cases
    edited April 2020
    Tivers said:

and all ours are only coming in on boats / planes - so are they really ours ?

41 or so are Germans off a cruise ship - what's that got to do with us ? (statistic wise)
    they're physically here and we have to deal with them.. so i guess in that respect.. we have to count them as our problem. 

RIO likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Im interested to see what the real numbers are when we can test everyone with symptoms