G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 15 Non Members

Turnover without Tabs and Patrons

West Australian Racing
Be interesting to see the turnover for todays meeting compared to last years. Had a quick look at similar Albany meetings 12 months ago and yesterday, $20k more invested  per race W/P only 12months ago. Think if we are to keep going might be time to decrease stakes or we will come out of this with nothing. Goes to show how valuable the punter is and they get zero privilages.
+1 -1

RIO dislikes this post.

Comments

• ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Even the oldest crusties will be embracing app technology today.
  • psychopsycho    652 posts
    tom said:

Be interesting to see the turnover for todays meeting compared to last years. Had a quick look at similar Albany meetings 12 months ago and yesterday, $20k more invested  per race W/P only 12months ago. Think if we are to keep going might be time to decrease stakes or we will come out of this with nothing. Goes to show how valuable the punter is and they get zero privilages.

Don't think Albany is a good guide here, but in saying that the TAB would be devestated, today will be an interesting test for the market share of the TAB. Be good to see you post todays results when you see them Tom, thanks

hash likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Turnover will  probably  drop 50%. Huge numbers of old punters that wander down to there local tabs,that   don't have access to other betting options. A lot old people that follow the fav,numbers game, are certainly not play this weekend due to the pool  being  normally over 105k. Has closed at 56k. this Saturday.
  • JimmyPopJimmyPop    316 posts
    Stakemoney for all codes will have to drop immediately.

RIO dislikes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    you really think old blokes in the TAB would account for 50% of turnover? I think turnover for those who dont bet in the TAB's will increase dramatically... now with only one sport to bet on. 

RIO likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,717 posts
    Does the revenue that comes from sports betting go in to racing prize money?
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    South Australia has already dropped stakes by 15% until June 1. Oakbank Easter has been abandoned along with Clare on Easter Saturday.
    edited March 2020
    TheDiva said:

you really think old blokes in the TAB would account for 50% of turnover? I think turnover for those who dont bet in the TAB's will increase dramatically... now with only one sport to
      bet on.

There are heaps of punters that purely punt. socially in pub tabs,small sample have a friend that puely operates on 1k,  lose rule if he is having a bad day ,mentioned to him why doesn't he get a tab account his response couldn't trust my self. this way only bet on a sat. at the pub.  tab touch has only 60,000 account holders.--imagine across Australia. they are only a small operater--- but big enough to help keep our stakes at there current level ? 
    your mate is going to save a fortune the next month or so!  =D>

RIO likes this post.

TheDiva said:

your mate is going to save a fortune the next month or so!  =D>

That's what he said.
  • razorrazor    205 posts
    tabcorp reported a 180% increase on turn over at narromine on thursday. race and they will bet. anyone who thinks the majority of money comes through shops is stuck in the 80s

Thunderstruck, RIO, Chris likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Too true razor, i had a few punts there..phukme they are true camels was my overall assessment :D
  • JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    Chris said:

Even the oldest crusties will be embracing app technology today.

Some of us "old crusties" bet a lot more than some of the Walters on here .....

paraletic, RIO, Chris likes this post.

• tomtom    76 posts
    Last years W/P pools on Oaks day were 1.1 million todays W/P 515k. 

Gilgamesh, psycho likes this post.

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    How do you track information like that ?
  • psychopsycho    652 posts
    tom said:

Thanks Tom that is not good

• RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    tom said:

Is that turnover that has vanished or has it migrated to corporates and betfair?

hash likes this post.

• SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    edited March 2020
    I deposited via BPay on Friday around 11am... still not in my account :-\"

Ladbrokes have 'Cash-in' option at Delis etc.... TAB needs to get up with the times. And no, I can't deposit with a credit card, disabled that facility long ago.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,717 posts
    SKIDS said:

Ladbrokes have 'Cash-in' option at Delis etc.... TAB needs to get up with the times. And no, I can't deposit with a credit card, disabled that facility long ago.

I think I’ve seen someone on here mention you can buy some type of cash card from the servo and then use that as a “credit card” to deposit?

SKIDS likes this post.

edited March 2020
    The top ten races in syd including 8 group 1s will have there prize money slashed in half due to wagering arms pubs clubs tabs figures plus also racecourse figures are significantly down. Over the next two Saturdays of the championships
  • goosegoose    1,628 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

SKIDS said:

I think I’ve seen someone on here mention you can buy some type of cash card from the servo and then use that as a “credit card” to deposit?
    They need to get POLI for deposits works instantly.

SKIDS, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    What's wrong with debit cards?

Thunderstruck, Chris likes this post.

Rodent said:

Not a thing for me but maybe discipline for some, idk??

Not that I need it but what is POLI goose?
  • SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts

Rodent said:

Not a thing for me but maybe discipline for some, idk??

Not that I need it but what is POLI goose?

POLI is how you use your debit card, it transfers instantly (Not with Macquarie though, they aren't available). So, I deposited, through BPay with my debit card. It states "BPAY deposits are fee free and usually reach your TAB account on the same working day".
    Mine still isn't in, 48hr's later.
    Ok cheers, never heard the term that's all but my debit card deposits are instant I run with that and have done for years.They are fee free transactions via a St George Visa debit card.

Won't be going in today your deposit, sometime tomorrow, when though who knows...
  • ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Don’t see how a POLi deposit is different to a debit card.
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    edited April 2020
    Gilgamesh said:

SKIDS said:

yep they call it Flexipin. First thing is to check if your bookie takes that as a form of deposit. I use Neds and they use it. All BP’s sell it and a selection of Caltex’s (the non Woolies ones). Best thing is it doesnt show on your bank account as a bookie deposit.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

^^ :))
  • loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts
    psycho said:

tom said:

Don't think Albany is a good guide here, but in saying that the TAB would be devestated, today will be an interesting test for the market share of the TAB. Be good to see you post todays results when you see them Tom, thanks
    I like to compare all meetinhgs, as they all count.

Yesterday at Albany W&P Races 2 -6 hovered between 16K & 17 K
    Race 7 & 8 19K & 20K
    Race 1 (Horrid 6 horse field) only 6K

Geraldton same day last year, was uround double & a little more turnover most races bar one, and the first was over 4 times the poor Albany pool yesterday, so that is heading over the 50% reduction in turnover there.
    yes, ill stand corrected. i was surprised to see a statement in the press saying that TAB's turnover was down about 50% based on all the betting shops being closed...
    Im staggered at that... just goes to show how much turnover the older generation are creating (and also the pro punters i suspect.. who need to bet cash in TAB's these days to get on?)

RIO, Manchild likes this post.