G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 1 Non Members

Costa Del Santo

The Blackbook
Watched the replay several times last night the penny may have nearly dropped with this 4yo, he has displayed a decent turn of foot on a few occasions and none more so than yesty, was impressive to the eye and clock..61kgs and on a soft 7 but did it with something in hand too imo.

Still displays a slight issue with laying in but i see him winning a few more this prep because he LOVES the soft conditions and could excel in the suitable ground as he progresses through a couple of grades this prep.
e.g im thinking Belmont, that nice long straight and generally wet as a nun for the next 3 months... :D

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    The inside draw stuffed him today I suppose(im no jock but could he have dropped back another 1.5L to last then hook out? Follow one into it wide..I say Yes!), but he ran on well veering through traffic while fuggen Pikey's runs on with an uninterrupted passage..
    Wins next time with a wider draw...
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    the 1 was never going to suit him in that race... keep following for sure. 
    Proud of this horse, since blackbooking him he has notched two runner up cheques when pretty much unsuited in either race and in between tried his absolute arse off winning by a pimple when he just redlined late at 1600..But he still got his head down where it mattered.

I bet the stable and connections love this big boy.
    Off for a spell, maybe he was over the top today and while i don't think he got the best ride by Mitch but there no customary let down at all today.Will win more races next time in hopefully.