G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 33 Non Members

Belmont 23/5/20

West Australian Racing

Comments

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    p of st george, according to the paper this morning they knocked back 500k..must be nuts, thats a lot of money....be worth 50k now.
    won a couple at pinjarra and a few weak ones at ascot...those hong kong bods must have had a few too many glasses of singing syrup.
    now, if they'd offered half a mio for resortman, i'd believe it...
  • VicbitterVicbitter    30 posts
    Yeah the tiipping went well today’
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    thefalcon said:

p of st george, according to the paper this morning they knocked back 500k..must be nuts, thats a lot of money....be worth 50k now.

won a couple at pinjarra and a few weak ones at ascot...those hong kong bods must have had a few too many glasses of singing syrup.
    How are the owners who knocked back over 2 million for 3yr old GELDING Kinane over east? Showing a lot of faith although will have far more opportunities to earn it as opposed to horses racing over here
    the owners of Kinane are probably multis, gil. my thoughts are, if ridiculous amounts are offered grab them with both hands. the horse could break down, get a fatal dose of colic etc etc.
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Trainer of Power of St George on radio wasn’t exuding a lot of confidence about its chances yesterday.
    Wide barrier.....wide barrier.....wide barrier. 
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

thefalcon said:

How are the owners who knocked back over 2 million for 3yr old GELDING Kinane over east? Showing a lot of faith although will have far more opportunities to earn it as opposed to horses racing over here

It’s worth about half that price now (if that much at all). It was a $1.80 fav yesterday, false favourite and luckily I backed the winner. Probably the dumbest move in racing knocking back that price they were offered. Also they are common folk, not multi’s that own it.
  • FlandersFlanders    1,199 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

thefalcon said:

From a quick google search it seems that Kinane has 12 individual owners plus 2x syndicates. Even though $2 mill is a decent amount of coin it doesn't really equate to that much per shareholder I reckon

Gilgamesh, thefalcon likes this post.

yes, you some horses have the number of owners to populate a small town..hardly makes it worthwhile, you'd finish up with about 2 bob after a saturday win.
  • FlandersFlanders    1,199 posts
    thefalcon said:

yes, you some horses have the number of owners to populate a small town..hardly makes it worthwhile, you'd finish up with about 2 bob after a saturday win.

Exactly what I think when I look at the mobs of owners in horses like the Gangemi's and DMac's syndicate out 
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,788 posts
    Couple involving  w.a.------- 2001 Guineas winner Royal Retrieve  think was purchased  for 600k. the closest he got in 11 runs was  9th  in  hong kong .---The other one was sold for 1.2mil. by trainer j.iluele, who trained in w.a for couple years---- when  it didn't go a yard he  was able to purchase it back for the cost of the  plane fare  back--- 30k. 
    yes especially when you see 2 or 3 syndicates in with a dozen or so individual owners....could be 50 or 60 fingers in the pie...
  • LETSDOTHISLETSDOTHIS    298 posts
    What’s wrong with horses have huge numbers of people?
    nothing..just stating some facts....
    “Hardly makes it worthwhile”
    edited May 2020
    Yeah let’s just leave racing for the rich where 1 person owns the full horse. It goes even further now, micro ownership is on the cards with a heap on companies now doing it. Talk yesterday of micro ownership of an Everest slot, brilliant thinking.

LETSDOTHIS likes this post.

100% agree Para. The more people involved in racing, the better.
    edited May 2020
    Yes the more the merrier. I didn’t get involved in ownership to make money, I have a job and investments for that, everyone knows that you lose way more than you collect anyway. And the less you lose, the better. But everyone is allowed to do what they want so if you want to own 100%, 50% or 2.5% of a horse is up to the individual

Manchild, H-BOMBER, oldhendo likes this post.