G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 11 Non Members

Scandal in NSW Racing

West Australian Racing
who has heard of a bloke called Archie Butterfly? 
This website was messaged to me today and has some pretty big bombshells in NSW racing and it seems the deck has begun to fall with Adam Hyeronimus and Blake Paine being charged with betting on races. https://www.punters.com.au/news/hyeronimus-facing-betting-charges_191291/  then Steve Fletcher's phone being examined for its data (that is sure to throw up some interesting texts and phone numbers!).

This is only the tip of the iceberg if you read the stories on this page. Of most interest about Sally Snow, but also about an alleged boat race that started the whole thing tumbling down (skip the Melbourne Cup story at the top and read the next onwards). 


Now this would make a good Underbelly series! 


Comments

  • GilgameshGilgamesh    3,321 posts
    Jezz he’s thrown a bit of mud around!

    Thunderstruck likes this post.

  • TheDivaTheDiva    12,380 posts
    edited June 9
    Sure has. Ive done some reading up on him. He's a journo.. and was raided by cops back in 2016 for  cyber stalking for a couple of articles he wrote. The charges were dropped eventually. 
    He might be a little close to the bone for some, but he seems pretty sure of his facts this time. 
    I guess now the covid19 issue has subsided... they'll get on with charging people... if his story stacks up? 

    Gilgamesh, RIO, thefalcon likes this post.

  • RIORIO    14,285 posts
    @sonny does this sound about right??
  • FlandersFlanders    575 posts
    edited June 9
    Very interested to hear people's thoughts on his article there about Tyzone winning the Stradbroke and the excessive whip use, particularly @Rodent and @Hash
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    2,924 posts
    edited June 9
    I didn't get that far re the Tyzone story...so no opinion on that..fine was massively light i know that.

    As for the rest of this article yes i have heard of this guy once and it probably was around about the last time he made big accusations which proved to be..unprovable.

    I'm finding whilst I consider myself to not be naive at all i am not as big a sceptic as some(no make that most)on here..so having said that,
    Whilst I have NO doubt plenty of shady business goes on and always has and always will, personally I reckon this bloke is LOOSE..and not a bit either a LOT..I can visualise this guy frothing at the mouth and probably popping more pills and toking spliffs(pot smoking generates paranoia)while he was typing this spiel up :))
    I would even bet this guy maybe has a past diagnosis of paranoid delusions or something?? Mentions o.c.d which is a decent clue.

    I will happily stand corrected if all his accusations are proven in due course but I have my doubts on some of this at least.The Fletcher and Snow stuff sounds credible but some of the rest is a bit hard to believe for mine..

    I do Agree 100% though @ Diva it is a GREAT story and underbelly worthy but unless true it won't ever make it to TV.

  • RodentRodent    5,489 posts
    Flanders said:

    Very interested to hear people's thoughts on his article there about Tyzone winning the Stradbroke and the excessive whip use, particularly @Rodent and @Hash

    Interesting read but I couldn't find anything about Tyzone in the links provided.
  • UttsyUttsy    120 posts

    I didn't get that far re the Tyzone story...so no opinion on that..fine was massively light i know that.

    As for the rest of this article yes i have heard of this guy once and it probably was around about the last time he made big accusations which proved to be..unprovable.

    I'm finding whilst I consider myself to not be naive at all i am not as big a sceptic as some(no make that most)on here..so having said that,
    Whilst I have NO doubt plenty of shady business goes on and always has and always will, personally I reckon this bloke is LOOSE..and not a bit either a LOT..I can visualise this guy frothing at the mouth and probably popping more pills and toking spliffs(pot smoking generates paranoia)while he was typing this spiel up :))
    I would even bet this guy maybe has a past diagnosis of paranoid delusions or something?? Mentions o.c.d which is a decent clue.

    I will happily stand corrected if all his accusations are proven in due course but I have my doubts on some of this at least.The Fletcher and Snow stuff sounds credible but some of the rest is a bit hard to believe for mine..

    I do Agree 100% though @ Diva it is a GREAT story and underbelly worthy but unless true it won't ever make it to TV.

    Man on internet loosely puts together facts to present as truth. 
    Gets accused of having paranoid delusions for doing so by man on internet who loosely puts together facts to present as truth.
    hahah you couldnt make this stuff up.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    7,541 posts
    There's a lot of eye opening stuff there @-)

    I will only say one thing tho: George Freeman was a genius :-@
  • hashhash    6,930 posts
    Rodent said:

    Flanders said:

    Very interested to hear people's thoughts on his article there about Tyzone winning the Stradbroke and the excessive whip use, particularly @Rodent and @Hash

    Interesting read but I couldn't find anything about Tyzone in the links provided.



    Neither... some interesting articles amongst the whole page though
  • hashhash    6,930 posts
    that article on the "whole race that gave it away" if my amateur eye was to watch that replay several times before reading his article i'd say there wouldn't be much to look at re the race

    Hard Conquered jumps well and hands up the lead to Chess Star pretty plain to see, Chess star looks to be going at a decent clip as mentioned by the caller hence the reason the fav Roheryn is back 8L last.... 
    Hard Conquered is unable to reel the leader in in the straight when they let down due to be restrained early or maybe it's just not as good a horse as they think
    Chess Star kicks away 300 out and Roheryn flies home into 2nd 
    That statement he made saying Heart Conquered ducked into the rail behind chess star and the jockey had to stop riding was a bit far fetched! 

    I would have thought this jounro had it all wrong in his assessment of the alleged boat race... these decisions and tactics are the kind of stuff we see every week, jockeys handing up the lead, jockeys having their mounts not judging pace correctly and having their mounts settling further back than they should etc etc 

     
    8-|

    Markovina, Thunderstruck likes this post.

  • therealkramertherealkramer    7,541 posts
    @hash and what about the jockey agent of the fav tipping the winner? FWIW I don't think Avduffer is good enough of a jockey to knowingly play a role in anything dodgy. But Snow did all his form/speed maps etc and I always questioned whether there was a conflict of interest when a punter is offering that sort of service to a jockey but it's not uncommon, beocs not all jockeys do their own form.  :-??
  • HotJulesHotJules    209 posts

    I didn't get that far re the Tyzone story...personally I reckon this bloke is LOOSE..and not a bit either a LOT..I can visualise this guy frothing at the mouth and probably popping more pills and toking spliffs...

    What da fuq is this dribble.  Maybe someone else should lay off the gear.
  • TheDivaTheDiva    12,380 posts
    He broke hard conquered’s jaw to allow the other one the lead. That was incredible... but you are right about one thing, it happens a lot.

    Uttsy likes this post.

  • paraleticparaletic    3,537 posts
    edited June 10
    I was on madam rouge in the stradjoke. Had no idea Tyzone breached whip rules. Just another way the punter gets anal probed by a cold steel pole.
  • TheDivaTheDiva    12,380 posts
    the bloke has become extremely active the last 24hrs... writing lots of content. Best found on twitter: @ajbutterflyracing

    This was posted last night... I think he has the smell of blood and he's going in for the kill

  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    2,924 posts
    HotJules said:

    I didn't get that far re the Tyzone story...personally I reckon this bloke is LOOSE..and not a bit either a LOT..I can visualise this guy frothing at the mouth and probably popping more pills and toking spliffs...

    What da fuq is this dribble.  Maybe someone else should lay off the gear.



    Is that you Archie?... :-j
  • therealkramertherealkramer    7,541 posts
    TheDiva said:

    the bloke has become extremely active the last 24hrs... writing lots of content. 

    You're making a very good case for @Thunderstruck's assessment of his state of mind 8-}
  • TheDivaTheDiva    12,380 posts
    not arguing... he's a loose unit... 
  • TheDivaTheDiva    12,380 posts
    steve fletchers phone being examined is a fact... that is sure to be a big enough scandal on its own! 
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    1,310 posts
    hash said:

    that article on the "whole race that gave it away" if my amateur eye was to watch that replay several times before reading his article i'd say there wouldn't be much to look at re the race


    Hard Conquered jumps well and hands up the lead to Chess Star pretty plain to see, Chess star looks to be going at a decent clip as mentioned by the caller hence the reason the fav Roheryn is back 8L last.... 
    Hard Conquered is unable to reel the leader in in the straight when they let down due to be restrained early or maybe it's just not as good a horse as they think
    Chess Star kicks away 300 out and Roheryn flies home into 2nd 
    That statement he made saying Heart Conquered ducked into the rail behind chess star and the jockey had to stop riding was a bit far fetched! 

    I would have thought this jounro had it all wrong in his assessment of the alleged boat race... these decisions and tactics are the kind of stuff we see every week, jockeys handing up the lead, jockeys having their mounts not judging pace correctly and having their mounts settling further back than they should etc etc 

     
    8-|
    Brilliant post - i agree 1000%

    Like you say - handing up the lead - happens every week - and has happened a million times in the past 

    From a Trots perspective - you take the recent case of Clinton Hall - now he got a very severe penalty - 8 years - for asking another driver can he hand up the lead - `he made one big mistake - and it was a big mistake - he offered a financial inducement . However him asking for the lead would have happened a million times in the history of the sport

    I can remember when i was a kid - i was at a country Trots meeting - tight track - standing start - the lead was everything . It was just outside the betting ring - the meeting was just about to commence - there was 3 drivers - the late Tom Maher was one of them - one of the other drivers ( who ended up a steward ) was asking the 3rd driver - can i have the lead - come on please give me the lead - go on give me the lead will you please . Tom Maher was half grinning - because the bloke being asked was a bit non committal 

    But that scenario would have happened that many times at the Trots
  • hashhash    6,930 posts

    @hash and what about the jockey agent of the fav tipping the winner? FWIW I don't think Avduffer is good enough of a jockey to knowingly play a role in anything dodgy. But Snow did all his form/speed maps etc and I always questioned whether there was a conflict of interest when a punter is offering that sort of service to a jockey but it's not uncommon, beocs not all jockeys do their own form.  :-??




    Maybe he knew his client jockeys horse was a risk that day due to whatever reasons possibly the speed map so he threw out a tip and happened to get it right
  • therealkramertherealkramer    7,541 posts
    edited June 10
    @hash The only reason to hand up is to get some cover, not sit outside the lead facing the breeze. At best it was just a horrid ride by Avduffer on Heart Conquered($18)-gave it absolutely none.
  • hashhash    6,930 posts
    edited June 10
    Possibly but who knows the instructions given or how the horse is best ridden
    I have a small share in one that the jockey did the exact same thing recently... possible brain fade? Happens on the regular
    My original point is that all journalists can be known to exaggerate slightly especially when its written and published...
  • tonytony    1,947 posts
    edited June 10
    And this particular "journalist" is well known for that @hash
  • therealkramertherealkramer    7,541 posts
    tony said:

    And this particular "journalist" is well known for that @hash

    You can't 'exaggerate' in that manner and get away with it and yet he has...that should be enough of a tip. Even for those in the cheap seats at the back who can't (or choose not to)hear %-(
  • DotardDotard    18 posts
    I’ve been told that Sarah Snow’s sister was once head of wagering at PR.

    Manchild, JimmyPop, TheDiva likes this post.

  • paraleticparaletic    3,537 posts
    U r correct
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    8,090 posts
    Dotard said:

    I’ve been told that Sarah Snow’s sister was once head of wagering at PR.


    :-?

    JimmyPop likes this post.

  • TheDivaTheDiva    12,380 posts
    edited June 10
    Yes and Alice is married to convicted inside trader John Hartman...who subsequently got a job with twiggy Forrest as chief investment officer with Minderoo.

    goose likes this post.

  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,608 posts
    Integrity and Money - a perfect match.
Sign In or Register to comment.