G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 38 Non Members

Farkn hell watch this

West Australian Racing
Ok I watched the replay of race 6 yesterday Ascot 10-6-2020 and after seeing the below-mentioned incident, I immediately thought there must be a suspension from this.
The stewards report says:
TREAT YO SELF ... Held tight for a short distance and eased approaching the 1600m.
Honestly have alook and I wanna hear why the actual fark he shouldn't have copped a good whack for this. It was careless at least. More like improper. If Shaun McGruddy got a month a little while ago for something far less serious then this deserves 2. If McNaught didn't ease out, there would quite easily have been a fall.
What the hell are the stewards playing at, letting stuff like this go???
+1 -1

JimmyPop, Uttsy, detonator likes this post.

Comments

• FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    By the way I'm referring to Paul Harvey on Night Session

You're welcome
  • GaryHGaryH    1,012 posts
    edited June 2020
    TREAT YO SELF Raced wide in the early and middle stages. Held tight for a short distance and eased approaching the 1600m

Who does the report?  The horse NEVER raced wide at any stage, and as you've pointed out, was only restrained when the 8 forced in on her the second time (first one at the 1800 she held the ground).  Nice work by the apprentice to avoid a fall and pull back before Harvey just forced the issue again.

If there had been a fall, the apprentice would have been suspended because that's how they do it in WA..  IMO.

Uttsy, detonator likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    I saw it live and that is not on. Stewards make it unsafe for everyone letting that stuff slide

Uttsy, Flanders, detonator likes this post.

Rodent said:I saw it live and that is not on. Stewards make it unsafe for everyone letting that stuff slide

Seems the stewards left their suspension notepad at home that day, several incidents were given the wet-lettuce-leaf treatment as opposed to what they should've done.
    Crazy thing is, when there is no fall, they don't seem to want to deal with it but when there is, they go the month. They don't seem to realise that it is inches away from being one way or the other and it is only luck that separates the two. If the action
    could have caused a fall they should get time. Just because it didn't happen shouldn't let them off.

Uttsy, detonator likes this post.

• 2lifetimewinners2lifetimewinners    508 posts
    100%
    The actions should be what is held accountable and what the facts should be based on
    Not the consequences of those actions.

The fact that the interference happened means there should be some suspension.

Unfortunately its P Harvey and the stewards are sh*t scared to suspend him.

Funny thing is when someone gets tight on him he squeals like a little pig and runs to the stewards.  Have seen it happen ALOT over the years.

detonator likes this post.

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    Regardless of whether it's the Pontiff or a 4kg claiming apprentice that sh#t isn't on.

Perth stewards again making themselves look like complete bunch of morons by not punishing careless riding like that [-X

Luckily Jade eased back otherwise she could have been in all sorts...

detonator likes this post.

• loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts
    Jell said:

Regardless of whether it's the Pontiff or a 4kg claiming apprentice that sh#t isn't on.

Perth stewards again making themselves look like complete bunch of morons by not punishing careless riding like that [-X

Luckily Jade eased back otherwise she could have been in all sorts...
    far too many cautions, and not enough suspensions (serial offenders too). Is it because Jock nymbers are low ?

JimmyPop, detonator likes this post.