G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 43 Non Members

Belmont 25/7/20

West Australian Racing
R1- QUEEN BROWN found herself in an impossible position last start when forced to settle near last from a wide draw. That race was dominated by horses who settled forward of midfield, as were most of the races on the day and her run was very encouraging considering. Strikes a smaller field second up and gets the blinkers on to sharpen her up a bit. Sat handy in her trial with blinkers so may be able to sit a little closer from the better draw.

R2- SIR MAMBO is a hard horse to catch but this is by far his easiest task of his campaign. Has been very consistent around quality types like Showmanship, Son of a God and Long Beach which stacks up nicely in a Westspeed Platinum race. Gets in with a luxury 58.5kg after the claim and looks like sitting somewhere in the breeze which both he and Derrick seem to love doing. CLASSY LASSY should have them rolling and that only serves to benefit his winning chances.

R3- FIRE AND RAIN looks a very good place bet in a race that sets up nicely for shorty, INDIAN PACIFIC. Put in two ordinary runs to start his preparation but has really started to find form after running second to CRYPTIC LOVE and a midfield finish in listed grade. Picks up 2kg on Cryptic Love from that run and depending on how fast Tranquilla Sunrise wants to go can lead or take the trail leaders back. Both of those look good spots for him and can run another nice race.

R4- HE’S A GUNSLINGER is the interesting runner having never raced over 1000m but first up no trial it may suit him. There isn’t a great deal of speed here and if Parnham can jump him fast he can sit on top of the speed which is where he runs his best races. Has always looked a horse with ability and is well placed in a weak 60+ with 57.5kg. Stable can produce them without a trial and happy to take on trust at eachway odds.

R5- TRULY GREAT really savaged the line last start off a slow tempo and looks ready for a step up to a staying trip. Finished midfield in a handy field first up and finding traffic issues and then chased Puckapunyal last start who looks to have a future. This field looks to lack the depth he has faced in recent starts and provided he’s ready for the 2200 third up looks the one to beat.

R6- LEVITATE got his chance to take a sit last start and relished it when winning easy against older horses. Had been racing on speed and running top races behind horses like Indian Pacific and Bright Diamond but looks capable of taking the sit here just behind the leaders. Looks really well placed back into 3yo company only goes up .5kg after the claim. Will be looking for a run on straightening but if he finds one he’ll charge.

R7- Best Bet: RED CAN MAN gets a really good chance for another black type win in a race that should be run to suit him. Draws barrier one where he can either kick through to lead or sit leaders back if Majinika persists in a race where they don’t look like breaking records. He proved he has class and heart last prep when he went 3/3 including two gritty wins where he was there to be beat. This is his hardest test to date but he is a very hard horse to get past.

R8- INSPIRATIONAL GIRL was very impressive first up at 1400 when winning in dominant fashion. Stays at the 1400 and although she will eventually be looking for a mile it looks a good distance for the time being. Has the tactical speed to use barrier three to sit forward if midfield, if that’s where Pike wants to be. She’s a very versatile, push button horse who can be put into the race at any time and also possesses a powerful turn of foot which will see her go through the grades.

R9- POSITION OF POWER has been in fantastic form this campaign and can continue of his way in this. Looked in trouble when the sprint when on last start but showed heart in chasing down Inflation on a leaders day. Has won two 60+ races his last two starts and after the claim carries the same weight he did two back. This looks the strongest race he has contested but should get another gun run just off the speed from gate two and be right in the finish.
+1 -1

psycho, Thunderstruck, Rodent likes this post.

Comments

• psychopsycho    653 posts
    I do hate it when we agree on a lot of our selections, it always finishes up a losing day. Tomorrow we do not agree on any of the races
    R2 Sir Mambo
    R3 Night Voyage
    R4 Kennedy
    R6 Seminole Brave
    R7 Cup Night / Electric Light

Best of luck to you Mr Train, hope we both find a couple

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    It might be easily accessible and if so please point it out to me but where do you find the deductions when there’s a scratching after final fields? Does each corporate get to decide their own rate? My current example is I’ve taken the early odds for Our Boy Dylan tomorrow thinking it would beat Clairvoyance. Now she scratches I have no idea what deductoion I’m going to cop. From experience I’ll end up less than the starting price with the fav now out.......
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    I pretty much like all 4 of Train's picks for races 6 through to 9.Loved Levitate's win i dont know how they can beat it even factoring in the change of rider.
    Also like your pick Seminole Brave @psycho he was great last time and could even finish a bit closer to the fav this time, is a place bet to nothing and a decent animal i think.

R1 Very slight query on the 1200 as he has done his best work at the shorter trip but ill trust in Neville Parker, for me Our Boy Dylan is the quality in this race and the trial was good..giddyup!

R5 Warming to Bombay Style as a horse with some decent ability in winning 3 of his last 5, the step up in trip is the test but e.w i think he will run a big race.Hard to split the 2 favs but i'll be cheering for Chris Graham should they fight out the finish.

R6 Levitate and Seminole Brave..terriffic field almost race of the day.Ill knock Giant Leap back in trip and have a little question mark on what he has beaten..or been beaten by.

R7 Short enough but this isnt a vintage edition of the Bolton..Red Can Man with even luck just boltons in!

R8 Pikey should be winning..enough said.

R9 Like the toppie too, however and ill concede its risky but i think with luck(which it rarely gets just refer to various stewards reports)Put A Spell On You is a massive chance.Requires some faith in the young steerer but this filly with just 53 is surely overdue some good fortune.
    edited July 2020
    The deduction rate varies yes not vastly different but dependant on what their prices were at the time ..as for where pre race you can see them im not too sure..i have seen Sportsbet list them on the day but again not sure exactly when.
    Bloody annoying when the fav is a scratching when you had it getting rolled anyway.
    2.25/2.30 OBD is now...
  • GreyHorsesMatterGreyHorsesMatter    23 posts
    R1: Our Boy Dylan, nothing exciting picking a favorite, under little pressure running very close times to the favorite's in the Bolton Sprint, looks a stand out for me.
  • JellJell    1,201 posts
    All over Night Voyage R3 to knock off the fav.

He arguably would have won first and second up with clear running.
  • GreyHorsesMatterGreyHorsesMatter    23 posts
    our boy dylan did an al mahalo.. good pick Train, to good!

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Too much weight on Dylan..went like a Clydesdale.
    Madi ensured Sir Mambo will sleep well tonite and tomorrow :P
    Daylight ran a handy 2nd there....a smashup by the 3yo.
  • RodentRodent    7,025 posts
    I can't believe they let Pearls and Prawns get over from that gate. Dumb, dumb move.

TheDiva likes this post.

• WhatisthepointWhatisthepoint    181 posts
    Can someone check and see if that was British bessy  talk about lose a leg it lost all 4 lol.
    I can't believe they "handed up" to Captain Kink! Too soon?

TheDiva likes this post.

Loved the initiative in R6 they all let that thing lead with no pressure..AGAIN :-q
    lol gee  the toppy cant ran a place off its last start win that will do me perth racing you are the best.
    Sub out the jockey on Levitate ffs where the f is Ponty :(
    Given the toppy sat over a good speed last start today they walk and it cant hold a position from a gate please explain.
    Thought i did, Ponty on holidays = we lose!
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,236 posts
    edited July 2020
    Roman Flirt was weak at the end. Not placing will be costing me a packet
    Cup night cant run a place perth racing going good. lol.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited July 2020
    Rodent said:

Pre race tips from you aren’t too soon, rat boy, they’re like God, the tooth fairy and Santa Claus.
    William Pike..your a champ =D>
  • NgawyniNgawyni    738 posts
    Bob comes to Pikey's rescue. The record should be Bob's.

paraletic, thefalcon likes this post.

Amazing how many times someone does Pike a favour. WTF was Kyra doing on Mr G?
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Rodent said:

Amazing how many times someone does Pike a favour. WTF was Kyra doing on Mr G?

was asking myself the same thing
    Madi you BEAUTY :x :x

Rodent said:

Pre race tips from you aren’t too soon, rat boy, they’re like God, the tooth fairy and Santa Claus.
    Head over to the Rodent's tips thread. I've had no luck at all yet am still up 8% on turnover.

TheDiva likes this post.

• GoddGodd    199 posts
    Well done to pikey, would like to see him ride 200 winners over east in a season
  • spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    Walking into Belmont today along the outside rail of the home straight to me the track seemed not to be in the best of condition in saying that the rail was out 12 maybe that emphasised what I thought I was seeing
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    Rodent said:

Rodent said:

Head over to the Rodent's tips thread. I've had no luck at all yet am still up 8% on turnover.

Honestly, no one cares. I took a look a while back and you needed few favs and an unlimited number of units to bail you out before a long shot finally landed. Could’ve posted that in threads already running. Starting self indulgent threads to gloat post race, like the Pinjarra one, says it all really. I didn’t post in it cos I’ve said my part, but you wanna continue with the smart ass comments then I’ll reply in kind.