G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 41 Non Members

RWWA integrity department

West Australian Racing
Rumour on 6PR that there was something big happening in racing integrity... to be announced today. 

Comments

• sonnysonny    1,054 posts
    Harness racing and Thoroughbred racing are completely different .It's like a referee from Rugby Union refereeing Rugby League and vice versa.. They have lost the plot ....

Manchild, RIO likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    they sure have sonny. surely somebody would have said "hey this needs a lot more discussion".
    no wonder Burt got out, it looks like rwwa would rival a 3 ring circus...
  • meatpiemeatpie    410 posts
    edited July 2020
    looks like to me the integration will create a new chief steward role with his 2 deputies (in release) will control each code.
    don't think much will change, except they work under one department and the few stewards with dual code experience will be multi tasked
    many a steward has gone from one code to the other.
    bill Delaney went from trots to gallops back to trots, Ric mance I think was a dual code a few years ago for limited time. Kristin Hawkins is cadet trots steward I think and ex jockey.
    don't think much will change 
  • sonnysonny    1,054 posts
    Hi Meatpie, If that's the case ,,, Why not include Greyhounds..???.I thuoght K . Hawkins was a trots man...
  • ChrisChris    5,219 posts
    Sounds like consolidation of costs, maybe they're on jobkeeper

JayJay, thefalcon, Manchild likes this post.

• shothrushothru    243 posts
    sonny said:

Hi Meatpie, If that's the case ,,, Why not include Greyhounds..???.I thuoght K . Hawkins was a trots man...

• shothrushothru    243 posts
    shothru said:

sonny said:

shothru said:

sonny said:

He was a very good jockey.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Having the word "INTEGRITY " in this departments title is the first change they should make!!
  • meatpiemeatpie    410 posts
    there has been industry push back to the changes

RIO likes this post.