G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 6 Non Members

Coolgardie Cup 2020

West Australian Racing
It’s begun with a healthy 8-race card.

I’ve backed Missile Launch early but the rest looks tricky.

R1. True Ora
R2. Promission
R3. Manhattan Money
R4. Busy One
R5. Classi Survivor
R6. Stratocreed
R7. Missile Launch
R8. Salvara

Go well.

Comments

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    Massive run two starts ago by Lordhelpmerun and carries 54kg for the first time in a while. If he bring his best he's a chance to run over the top late but he does like to mix his form.

I've just taken 1u the win (BoB) on him.
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited September 2020
    Race to race double for Laq, bagged the last race yesty and the opening race today.I like it when he is on one down in the weights and takes another 2 off its back.
    Ditto for Madi Derrick's ride in R6 Angry Annie just 52kgs fresh, this galloper has plenty of ability if it handles the debut at track.

In the Cup i like Western Temple but its short enough, the other 2 mentioned are a decent chance of knocking him over but still a 4kgs differential exists so just not sure the Missile can launch fast enough.

R8 Laq's next best chance looks to be Fingermark.
  • spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    Won the last two yesterday Thunder. Could say Ramoly,s on a rolly

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    can't understand how LHMR is 9's and sup. smile is 15's......i'm having a few bucks on SS.

JimmyPop likes this post.

He is flying Manhattan Money B-)
    Ffs SHE :\">

Jell likes this post.

• JellJell    1,201 posts

Ffs SHE :\">

I did notice this but didn't want be THAT guy ;))

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Thought nemiroff, magniforce, fair joy will provide any amount of early speed from the 1300m with excaro to get all the favours with saviour on stratocreed.
    Got done in the last bound, thought she was home Annie.
    Went to script excaro ridden a treat just doesn't get a step past 1200m in this company what a ride the win ner pulled out the early battle then stayed in around the ben d
    Blinking blinking blinking 17s friar fox did t want to stride out early 4-5 lgths behind field.
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Many very underwhelming performances by some horses in the main race.
    This comment does not deserve a thread of its own. But just noticed Duncan Miller has been outed again for 12 months for threatening a steward at Lark Hill as a owner. Is there any bigger goose in WARacing than this bloke
  • FlandersFlanders    1,198 posts
    spinking said:

This comment does not deserve a thread of its own. But just noticed Duncan Miller has been outed again for 12 months for threatening a steward at Lark Hill as a owner. Is there any bigger goose in WARacing than this bloke

Yes I saw that too. Pretty sure he was involved in the burning of race colours incident that went quiet as well.
    There are many Millers in WA racing and sure there are some good ones, but jeez there have been plenty that have gained notoriety for all the wrong reasons. Possibly more bad eggs than good ones it feels like
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    edited September 2020
    just like the old saying, you hang out with dogs your bound to catch fleas and I’m not referring to the Miller’s but the company he keeps including the young apprentice that was also involved that has been given the flick by her boss, hardly worth knocking off a pair of silks to jeopardise your whole career over

Such a shame though someone like him can tarnish the families name and give the good ones a bad reputation... excuse my ignorance but are all Miller’s in WA racing related or do a heap just share the same surname?
    ^^ being micks they breed like crazed minks...
    ref duncan miller...an owner!! isn't there some criteria eg morals, past experience with stewards taken into account when submitting paperwork?
    were either his mum or dad training it?
    hash, who was the young female given the flick by her boss?
    mate, there are numerous millers down fremantle way as there are duggans, regans, zinnakers, sheehys. if they had a reunion they'd have to hire optus stadium...
    Hash a lot of them are related. Falcon you forgot to add the Neeshams to the roll . I dont know about the Zinnakers. Kaye Miller is EX trainer Jimmy Zinnakers daughter . Jimmy had stables in Mathieson road ascot back in the day between Moreing street and Epsom ave. My old man took me there every 5 Saturday to get my haircut from Jim, he was always Mr Zinnaker to us back then. I heard a story once that Raymond Miller was working for his grandad Jimmy and was giving one a touchup in the tieups race day or trackwork the stewards saw him and Raymond threw the handpiece in the gearbag and declared it was his Grandfathers. dont know if there is any truth to it but did hear it many moons ago
  • ManchildManchild    679 posts
    They were colourful 
  • LETSDOTHISLETSDOTHIS    298 posts
    What apprentice has been given the flick?
    Put 2and2 together who is neither suspended or injured but hasn't ridden for a while

hash likes this post.

come on spink old mate, mind is not what it use to be...
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    BBE

Not really my place to put it out there Falc. And even though an assumption think I am pretty close to the mark.Just hope the young person involved realise the incredible opportunity a career as a successful jock can be . As Hash said lay down with dogs and you wake up with fleas. The sooner the individual involved realises this the better his or hers career will head in the right direction. The old saying springs to mind. Can't put a old head on young shoulders
  • LETSDOTHISLETSDOTHIS    298 posts
    Did see the BBE has now moved to Fred Kerlsey
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    Hopefully for her sake it’s a good one otherwise she won’t last long working under the master :-h