G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

1 Members & 12 Non Members

Belmont 12th September

West Australian Racing
TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
edited September 2020 West Australian Racing
Everyone I have spoken to suggests a very tough day on Saturday.

Having said that, both Terry Leighton and Daniel Cripps have landed on Mia Dolce... 

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited September 2020
    Leading Girl @1.26 is ridiculous odds..if they go slow and its back last might get rolled again, CP should lead but dont know if they will as its not a xommon trait for these colours.

Looks a tough day alright...
  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    Always tough I reckon. Tom Almighty is my maddie selection for the day. Should get the perfect run behind Inflation and although up in class, I' don't doubt its toughness. At least it won't cost me much to find out.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• TrainTrain    186 posts
    R1- HARIASA is first up for a new stable and looks capable of firing fresh. Produced a good run first up last campaign behind a talented one in Mood Swings before a couple of average performances when ridden further from the speed. Is best when ridden for speed which he was in his recent trial and looks capable of leading this field from the low draw. Can get a little hot before a race but if he can hold it together he’ll be hard to run down.

R2- REGAL DIVIDEND continues to run around with flyweights on her back and can make herself hard to catch. Is a handy filly who goes forward and makes her own luck and may be better at 1600 as she has been running through the line well for a leader. She may have only won a Northam maiden but this isn’t a quality Saturday 3yo event and was scratched from Wednesday to be saved for this where she may get away with some cheap sections.

R3- RED PUBLISHER is building towards running a good race and this looks his chance. Was first up no trial at 1400 when sitting outside the leader into a strong head but stuck on okay before a midfield finish behind Free Trade under WFA conditions. Drops 3kg after the claim on that run and is now third up at 1600 in a small field. Derrick has options aplenty from barrier two but expect he’ll be in the first half with a head start on the short price favourite in LEADING GIRL.

R4- PYM’S ROYALE deserves a win in listed company and gets his chance in a mediocre Farnly stakes. Runs a similar race every start, getting a long way back and charging late but up to 1400 and in a small field he shouldn’t be too far off the leaders turning for home. Gets in on the minimum and has been kept a month between runs because that’s how he likes it.

R5- MADAM TORIO has appreciated racing with month spacings between her runs and looks set to run another good race. Jumps, musters and leads in her races and should be able to get across to the fence if they want to be there. Otherwise she can sit outside and be just as effective and as a filly continues to be well treated at the weights. Has a fitness edge over her market rivals and looks the testing material.

R6- Best Bet: NERODIO is running big race after big race and looks very hard to beat again. Has beaten Silkinize, Leading Girl and finished between Long Beach and Indian Pacific which is leaps and bounds above the form of his opposition. Strikes a much easier field than what he has been running against despite sticking in the same grade. Gets back to his preferred 1200m trip and should be able to find a midfield spot with cover from the draw.

R7- RATION ALY has been the beneficiary of a long time on the sidelines and is unbeaten this campaign. Was a big first up winner at the midweeks before sitting leaders back and just getting there despite doing a bit of stargazing. Looks better ridden colder and will be looking for a bit of cover midfield or worse so that she can wind up into the race. Stays in the same grade and should get a solid tempo to bring her into the race.

R8- LONG BEACH has been super in winning at both starts this campaign and should appreciate being fresh in this. Will have his work cut out for his getting to the two speed demons in CONDOR HEROES and THIS’LL TESTYA but they will be cutting at each other from the moment the gates open. Has the gate speed use two and keep himself within striking distance and shouldn’t have trouble finding a run with a potentially strung out field.

R9- MODERATOR had the blinkers back on last start and was a big winner in a handy class three. Now finds himself in the weekly raffle and so drops 2kg on that last run without coming up against a much stronger field. Draws twelve but in a big field her should be able find a three deep spot with cover in the second half of the field. Is starting to establish himself as a miler rather than a stayer and is a good eachway chance in an open race.
  • Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    edited September 2020
    Don’t see This ‘ll Test Ya cutting at Condor Heroes at all, think she’s going to be 2 lengths behind him and chasing.  Condor looks massive overs to me even though he’ll no doubt be even better next start.  

jum likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Best of the day

Brothers Keeper in the last $41

Good luck
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    Nah easy day.

Harisia into Off Wego into Yeah Dardy into Madam Torio inot Nerodio into Ration Ally into Condor Heroes and once they all win i might have something on Big Shot Paddy.

Simple.

Thunderstruck, SKIDS, Chris likes this post.

edited September 2020
    Like Regal Dividend up to 1600 with the light weight and Ration Aly should win again i agree with these two of Train's selections.

Mia Dolce needs Brodie Kirby back on imo, cant see it winning
    I think Crystal Spirit might be ready today..even 10 or 11 bucks looks a good price e.w and on a 1x 2 basis is how ill play.

And i keep having thoughts that Put A Spell On You can run a drum, yes she will need two of the 4 fairly smart horses engaged to misfire but i just think she can launch very late.
    Pretty stingy place divs of around $4 available now will wait til near start time to get a better price.

hash likes this post.

• SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    edited September 2020
    Big Shot Paddy to win the last.
    Love the way he worked home last start after a lengthy spell, ran a terrific last 600 and the 1600m is his speciality (5 - 3,2,0).
    JR isn't driving down from Gero for shits n giggles, take the $5.50 before Cluck unleashes on him.
  • R8- wanna be good - after a freshen up, hopefully found its self again and will be storming home.
  • JellJell    1,201 posts
    If you backed At War at the shorts in the first, you'd have no hair left ~X(

JimmyPop likes this post.

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    edited September 2020

Mia Dolce needs Brodie Kirby back on imo, cant see it winning

I have to disagree. Chloe knows how to ride and win by leading. She's turning in to a solid leading/on pace Jockey.

JimmyPop likes this post.

• FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    Jell said:

If you backed At War at the shorts in the first, you'd have no hair left ~X(

Lucky Ramoly killed the chances of the fave by rolling around all over the shop in the straight.
    If he doesn't get suspended for checking Hariasa at about the 800m the stewards need to go to Specsavers. The horse nearly went down X(
    No knock the jock on leaders, BK has won multiple races so if it keeps getting beat change something and go back to what worked before is my point.
    I have at least two beating it, the fav and CS maybe even the flying
    FOS too..
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Off Wego going to be a good one. Has built into this prep perfectly
  • WhatisthepointWhatisthepoint    181 posts
    Gee perth racing  shake my head  lol it goes good.