G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 11 Non Members

The Racing League

West Australian Racing
Done minor research. Not sure who runs it. What horses? Trainers etc? Anyone ? 

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    3,426 posts
    All to be voted on by the team shareholders i believe and through the respective captains.
    4 states qld nsw vic and wa.
    10000 shares equals a 2mil budget for the 6 horses to be purchased..therefore,

One possible rort i noticed is a seemingly minimal $20 per share monthly direct debit starts as of January 2021 and continues, so at up to 10000 shares thats 200k/mth piling in and for what? Didnt explore that anomaly any further maybe the cash just accumulates and a big excess gets divided up but idk any more.I do know it is a lot of extra mthly $$$ even for 6 horses in full training.
    edited September 16
    The $20 per mth(if u buy more than 1 unit its "only" another $5 per extra share)is "to cover all associated horse costs and TRL operations" :D plenty leftover to lease AMG Merc's and a LOT of "business" trips i'd say.

The Racing League(TRL)selects the 24 horses(8 ready to run and 16 yearlings) catering for 6 per team, stakeholders then vote on their preferred six horses from the draft and the team captain acts according to the votes.

There is a lot of info to digest thats for sure, thats the basics and most of the costs..there is also an extra $60 per share capital contribution each january to replenish and grow the team by buying two more horses until a team of 10 horses is achieved.
    edited September 16
    *I didnt factor in obviously there are 4 teams so its 40000 units and up to 800k/mth from that $20 training/admin fee.
  • paraleticparaletic    3,595 posts

The $20 per mth(if u buy more than 1 unit its "only" another $5 per extra share)is "to cover all associated horse costs and TRL operations" :D plenty leftover to lease AMG Merc's and a LOT of "business" trips i'd say.

The Racing League(TRL)selects the 24 horses(8 ready to run and 16 yearlings) catering for 6 per team, stakeholders then vote on their preferred six horses from the draft and the team captain acts according to the votes.

There is a lot of info to digest thats for sure, thats the basics and most of the costs..there is also an extra $60 per share capital contribution each january to replenish and grow the team by buying two more horses until a team of 10 horses is achieved.

First thing i did was calculate those costs too. Its a massive rort. Its a resounding no from me.

jum likes this post.

Yep its a pity as the overall concept itself isn't bad, the upfront is minimal and would be affordable to many but that monthly fee is far too much.

paraletic, JimmyPop likes this post.