G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 31 Non Members

Belmont 19/9/20

West Australian Racing
R1- BRAVE DREAM only had the one start just over one year ago but has a touch of class about her. Was only three lengths off Some Sort and Rio Del Mar in that appearance and had a light preparation of one trial between starts. Now with the Durrant yard her lead up trial to this was very good and although she may concede a big head start she looks to have a motor. Is very short but has the potential to get to a price worth taking.

R2- DOM TO SHOOT left his run a little too late last start when ridden very patiently first up. Looks like getting a similar run but finds himself in a smaller field here and with the benefit of a run. Trialled like a bomb against the older horses before his first up run which, like most of his career runs, was against stronger opposition than this and he gets a brilliant opportunity to win another race here.

R3- PLAYING RED was getting home alongside Cup Night in a recent trial won by Stageman. Those names really stand out in a 58+ westspeed race and although it’s only trial form, her race form isn’t bad either. Won in handy time on debut and finished behind Blazing Billy and Costa Del Santo at the end of her prep. Has found a weak race for her return and looks suited to a soft run midfield from the draw.

R4- RIVER BEAU proved himself against some of better 3yos late last season and can go on with as an older horse. Ran some crackers last prep splitting Cliffs Of Comfort and Tommy Blues as well as beating Captain Kink and being competitive in 72+ grade against the older horses. Trialled nicely behind Stageman and the visors come off here which should allow him to settle a bit better. May be forced to sit deep but at 1000m it’s not a huge issue and keeps him out of trouble.

R5- Best Bet: LAST OF THE LINE looks a very progressive horse who should only have gotten better with some time off. Was really good in three runs last prep going straight from a maiden to Saturday 3yo company and winning well in both. Got caught napping at his only other run when beaten by a handy one in Kelvin. From the gate can potentially kick through and lead to get some space which he needs as a big unit and 1400 looks a good start point off a nice trial.

R6- ZERO DEMERITS is in really good form at the minute and can take it up to the favourites here. Flashed home two back to get within a length of Lonsdale Lady and Leading Girl before a dominant win in this grade last start against a handy field. Seems to appreciate racing along the fence which he will do from barrier one and may even be able to find leaders back in a race without too much speed.

R7- CELEBRITY QUEEN is all class and looks set for a big prep off a slick trial. Wasn’t asked for an effort and travelled beautifully into a fast run trial and her runs from last prep were just as classy. Settled back off slow tempos in her first two wins last prep before a big performance in a fast run race at her last run. Can use barrier one here to hold leaders back if she wants to and looks hard to beat on the minimum.

R8- DANNY GEORGE is best kept fresh and is now five weeks between runs. Was a massive performance first up behind Long Beach and Silkinize and then wasn’t far off Cliffs Of Comfort and Silkinize again before an okay run in higher grade. Barrier nine looks a little sticky and expect Turner may chance his hand and roll forward. This is a very weak 66+ race and if he can find a spot he looks a good eachway chance back in class.

R9- BONNEVILLE BLACK is racing in top form and looks bombproof. Puts himself close to speed and keeps going for Derrick. Has won his last two in very similar fields to this and continues to get flyweights after the claim. Has plenty of options from six but they should all result in him settling in the first half of the field. Doesn’t need cover but if he can find some there’s no reason he can’t make it three from his last three.
+1 -1

Gilgamesh likes this post.

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited September 2020
    R1 ill be having a spec ew on the ex Vic galloper Mafeking should be charging home late.

Like plenty of others i was on Zero Demerits last time but i think only bad luck beats Inspirational Girl today, last start she comfortably beat Massimo who has since won 3 in a row.
    Imo this mare wouldn't be out of place as an addition to the now lighter team in Melbourne(though probably unlikely to happen now).
    Fresh from an 8 week break doesnt concern me either, she will be winning better grade races than this.

Hope they lead and roll on Cliffs Of Comfort, i dont see the fav leading she has raced on speed just the once i think.
    They pretty much havent ridden him the way they did last prep and the 1000m race didnt suit last time , so today at 1200 be bold on COC make the fav chase hard the whole way and i think he could beat her while he has a fitness edge.

Agree with Train in the last, i think Bonneville Black is a progressive stayer and well suited again.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    Tom Watherhouse has been the kiss of death the last few weeks. HIs best today Dom To Shoot  :-\"
    Nice start, even though not getting any cover throughout he had that lot covered for ability :x

TheSwooper, oldhendo likes this post.

• TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    edited September 2020
    I suppose he could have set it a harder task, although as Diva said - Tom tipped it!
  • FlandersFlanders    1,199 posts
    Wowee Dom to Shoot, 3 deep into the gale

JimmyPop likes this post.

Don't see why he needed to do it actually..got the idea from Pateman in race 1 8-X
  • ChelseaChelsea    1,369 posts
    Young Kieran McDonough can train a first up horse Mafeking in the first Type One in the second 
    Luvley Jubbley
  • WhatisthepointWhatisthepoint    181 posts
    Gee  perth racing  goes good lol  the top weight  cant beat those what a joke.
    edited September 2020
    have you ever backed a winner in Perth @Whatisthepoint

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    Gee Chris Parnham was lucky Celebrity Queen got there...he waited a tad too long before pressing the button. The horse he was following, Money Matters, was flat broke a long way out. 
    Parnham double whammy for me and not in a good way :-S
  • BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,372 posts
    I think Aragain might have stumbled in that ditch again??
    Whatta beauty Bonneville Black is..stuck on really well for Madi.
  • FlandersFlanders    1,199 posts

I think Aragain might have stumbled in that ditch again??

Also Zero Demerits looked to be affected
  • psychopsycho    653 posts
    Just watched the replays of Zero Demerits and Aragain and it appears that the pair of them attempted to "jump" the discoloured patch of turf at the 150m mark ?
  • Buddy123Buddy123    208 posts
    Yep definitely see horses take a longer stride around that mark..especially horses running on down outside..
  • The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    Acting on a report from the RWWA Chief Handicapper, Stewards interviewed Trainer Mr J Warwick and
    the Managing Owner, Mr P Bruce in relation to the nomination of ALMASTER in Race 3. TABTOUCH
    WESTSPEED PLATINUM HANDICAP (1600m) at Belmont Park on Saturday, 5
    th September 2020 as the
    gelding was not eligible to race in this event, being by the sire AL MAHER which is not a WestSpeed
    Platinum registered sire. Acting under the provisions of AR53(3)(a), Stewards determined to disqualify
    ALMASTER from the race where it finished in 8th place with results being amended accordingly.

Excuse me, but how the **** does this even happen? :-O :-O :-O

Manchild, jum likes this post.

• JimmyPopJimmyPop    317 posts
    The_Bull said:

Acting on a report from the RWWA Chief Handicapper, Stewards interviewed Trainer Mr J Warwick and
    the Managing Owner, Mr P Bruce in relation to the nomination of ALMASTER in Race 3. TABTOUCH
    WESTSPEED PLATINUM HANDICAP (1600m) at Belmont Park on Saturday, 5
    th September 2020 as the
    gelding was not eligible to race in this event, being by the sire AL MAHER which is not a WestSpeed
    Platinum registered sire. Acting under the provisions of AR53(3)(a), Stewards determined to disqualify
    ALMASTER from the race where it finished in 8th place with results being amended accordingly.

Excuse me, but how the **** does this even happen? :-O :-O :-O

Surely the trainer cannot get into any strife over this. There must be a problem at NASA.

paraletic likes this post.

Surely the nomination shouldn’t have been accepted?

The_Bull, Manchild, JimmyPop likes this post.

• The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    No automated checks and measures means the fault probably lies with racing australia?

Manchild likes this post.

• UttsyUttsy    129 posts
    It was discovered after another one was accepted for the WP race on Saturday. 
    Took the trainer of another horse in that race to call them up and point it out.
    Thought if this has happened now, probably has happened previously so went back through the races.
    Didn’t take long to find another!

Manchild likes this post.