West Australian Racing
Last race for Ihtsahymn on Saturday. 
What a great horse he's been. 

jpg
jpg
IHTSAHYMN-2-1024x694.jpg

Comments

• savethegamesavethegame    2,799 posts
    Think frair fox will win, but Hally will ride the grey with alot more vigour to take up a more handy position---- then boulder cup-since hallys boil under his armpit has healed.Hope he runs a close second in his swansong
  • GoddGodd    199 posts
    Come play with me just wins

H-BOMBER likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,038 posts
    Ihtsahymn hasn't won on grass for over 4 years.
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,687 posts
    Maybe the galloping grey should have a toke of said substance pre race :D , go the old boy!

I think Divine Shadow wins but it looks a competitive race.

Manchild likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,761 posts
    R7  Each Way Special is Liquor Purveyor.
    R8  Good Kalgoorlie warm ups but today is the day...5 4 3 2 1.,.... $-) $-) $-)

TheSwooper likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,249 posts
    edited October 2020
    H-BOMBER said:

Godd said:

Come play with me just wins

1 year ago wins the Gp1 Metrop and now goes around similar price in a Kal cup

I agree with @Godd, Adam wouldn't be running him with 62 for fun, plus he is absolutely"thrown in" at the ratngs. His other one (Mckenzie) has come out..as well

CPWM - FF - MM - ML

Sounds like Bartrader and Missile Launch slip ol mate

SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

Yes Bomber. Very soft cryptic selections for my Mensa Mates  :-B :D

H-BOMBER likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,799 posts

Think he had to take the scenic route regards conditioning to race,. He has been reinvented by gulberti, there was whisper he wasn't to race at Perth City tracks hence minimal grass exposure, only two grass runs in his seven starts which one was third to spiritual warrior in kalg cup l/year and sixth in boulder cup this year, gulberti has won 4 1second 1third in his seven starts for him.

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    Missile Launch each way for me in the Cup. Primed for this 5th run in to his prep, just needs to find some cover, settle and he'll be in the finish.

SLIPPERGOLDEN, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• BobcatBobcat    166 posts
    Kalgoorlie soft 5. How much rain out there?

Wow, great tip Bartrader.  =D>

TheSwooper, SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

• TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    I got excited. Saved my last boost for it too. Could not have ridden it any better. Track has been playing okay. Sun is out too!

Outstanding!  ^:)^

TheSwooper, SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

Big day with my only two bets at Kal but would have been a lot bigger if the winner didn't get that inside run to knock off Bartrader. Can't be too greedy.. Where's my mate? Here he is...  \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ <:-P <:-P

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Credit to the winner of the cup. Made some fancies look damn ordinary
  • YankeeYankee    299 posts
    Great Kal day Missile launch at $13 and the last winner was great odds at $3.50 When missile launch retires it can easily pull a plough or a stagecoach how big is that beast.
    Well done Slip.
    The old boy i wonder if he is retired now? Most likely I think.
    Ran a brave race Itsahymn finishing off nicely just a lip off third I think.

SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

Itsahymn did run a brave race Thunder and Yankee I agree with your assessment of Missile's post racing career credentials.
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Nice juxtaposition R5 & R6 Kalgoorlie. R5 Brian (Gogs) Curtis who trained his first winner in 1968 continues to get Palma Merenti to deliver the goods at cricket score odds and Joanne Forrest who rode Gogs horses work during the 70's produced Stratocreed to win the 6th at double digit odds.

paraletic likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,366 posts
    edited October 2020
    Has there been any reasons given for the deplorable catering debacle that was both the Hannans and Kalg Cup ?
    To have people leaving the racecourse after race 2 after flying up to the attend the events because of extremely long wait times for a drink is a disgrace.

The committee of the KBRC should be sacked for allowing this to happen.

I will be showing my disapproval next year by not attending. The KBRC can get stuffed after that effort.
    :-q
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    i remember they used to fly staff from perth racing up to Kal for both race days. Probably something that has stopped, but should resume.
  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    It was difficult to fathom that they couldn't get the **** and food right. 

Last year they went with the pre-purchase bands and had many more outlets serving and so wasn't so bad. 

This year they went with cash and had fewer serving points. Not sure what the logic was.

Felt like the crowd wasn't much shy of last years. Thursday's crowd was excellent.

At least the track race more truly than last year.
    Pre purchase alcohol tickets are the ONLY way to go imo.
  • detonatordetonator    4,366 posts
    Why would you stray from what has been a successful formula ie beer tickets for many years.
    Crowds this year for both Hannans and Kalg Cup would have exceeded recent previous years.
    Heads should roll over this.
    But on a positive note, turnover at the Star and Garter, York Hotel, Palace Hotel, Tower Hotel on those days would have been up because patrons headed there during the arvo when they weren’t prepared to wait 50 mins for a drink.