G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 23 Non Members

Comments

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    Humidor & Probabeel are two whose chances probably lessen the more the conditions edge into the heavy range.
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited October 2020
    Looks the testing material if he gives him a good ride doesn't want to be 3 deep the trip as the fence is fine and leaders aren't stopping..can win I won't be on him though.

A whinge Re R5 deductions on the 2 late scratchings with Sportsbet.

6c win for the 14 or $15 shot My Pendant and even
    1c win for the $40+ Shrouded In Mist I call effin RORT.

I see tabtouch get bagged often but their deductions were notably better 4c for My pendant and 0 for the roughie.
    Cheering for Freddie Kersley here, rides his "money" horse.

Knock on Cherry T..he looks a risk at the 2040.

Phew..that last 100 was slow as with Sovereign Award got there by enough.

That's the thing that worries me-the inside part of the track appearing to be an advantage, and if it is that was probably the difference in the last two races.
    edited October 2020
    It really looks ok doesn't it..has become a harder race than if dry I'm clueless really.
    I'm all in on the Russian after Peltzer  won the first leg of a 10-1 all up [-O<
  • JellJell    1,201 posts
    Pikey too far back me thinks unfortunetly
    Tried hard he is slightly overrated.

G Boss again said he was right in it..was spot on ;)
    I doubt a local horse will start fav in this race ever again
    Track condition fukd it though TRK.

I know one local horse that could easily win it next year
    edited October 2020
    Take out Winx and the three other winners since 2014 all had their previous start overseas.
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    Cox Plate winner lost to Magical by 2.3 lengths in G1 in Europe. European form once again shining through. When will one eyed aussie racing fans understand that Europe IS THE DOMAIN for 2000m+ racing in the world
    Verry Elleegant would have won today or gone verry close.

Not sure tbh. They've run 11 lengths quicker than the vase-you would expect them to run somewhat faster but did Ollie need to go forward? Perhaps if the bias had been as severe as it looked early but it didn't look as bad by race 9. Bossy was well back on the winner.
    PC said:

Cox Plate winner lost to Magical by 2.3 lengths in G1 in Europe. European form once again shining through. When will one eyed aussie racing fans understand that Europe IS THE DOMAIN for 2000m+ racing in the world

BORING

Go dribble on their platforms :))

Chris likes this post.

• tonytony    2,361 posts

Not sure tbh. They've run 11 lengths quicker than the vase-you would expect them to run somewhat faster but did Ollie need to go forward? Perhaps if the bias had been as severe as it looked early but it didn't look as bad by race 9. Bossy was well back on the winner.
    Ollie said he "probably was a little close to a strong speed"
    tony said:

Ollie said he "probably was a little close to a strong speed"
    Grandslam, led and was beaten 14.6L but was probably outclassed
    Kolding was 3rd the fence and beaten 14.5L, however it beat Fierce Impact(4.3L, 6th) by 2.2L in the Hill Stakes  last start, so there's a 12.4L turnaround there. 
    Probabeel was 2nd and stuck to the fence beaten 4.5L

So Russian Camelot hasn't run that badly under the circumstances but it was a warm fav so you have to accept it was disappointing.
    Absolutely ran well..i am glad he hung on and ran 3rd to secure a multi I had but I feel he isn't as good as the hype, do they go to the m.c now?
    He's out to $13 now. Tiger Moth(52.5kg) still the dominant $6 fav. Russian Camelot would only carry 53.5kg but he's actually worse off at the weights vs Sir Dragonet(55.5kg), because he had a  2.5kg advantage at WFA.
    I think the Cox suits some as an M.C lead i'm not sure Sir Dragonet is one.Cant wait to hear PC bang on if he does 8-|
    RC can't win imo.
    CP has been a good guide in recent times. I wouldn't be looking outside top 3. But if Ollie had gone back and RC made a slashing run to win or just miss, would its chances be enhanced? 
    Who knows? I think it had every chance based on how awesome he was going to be on the Soft..are there any excuses for this and last run legit idk?? And if yes will he always be an excuse horse now?
    Idk mate I'm happy another has sort of dropped back a peg..im scared by not too many atm..slow track and it's maybe none.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,743 posts
    edited October 2020
    Call me Bridesmaid.. Bets ran second in the Caulfield Cup and second in the Cox Plate.  8-|

Stay tuned and I will give you the runner up for the Melbourne Cup.  :-B

Who knows? I think it had every chance based on how awesome he was going to be on the Soft..are there any excuses for this and last run legit idk?? And if yes will he always be an excuse horse now?
    Idk mate I'm happy another has sort of dropped back a peg..im scared by not too many atm..slow track and it's maybe none.

His worst performance this prep is 3rd in a Cox Plate sitting on a hot tempo set by the stablemate of the winner-a point overlooked by many. 
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    **Timeform Ratings - Cox Plate**

Winner: Sir Dragonet - 123 which is lowest rating for Cox Plate winner since Pinker Pinker in 2011 (122).

Runner-up: Armory - 122

3rd: Russian Camelot - 121. Also, the article says he has had a revised rating for Underwood Stakes win...it was 126..its now been revised to 124 and I was pretty adamant that the 124 figure was sufficient - 126 was too high.

5th: Arcadia Queen - 111

https://www.racingandsports.com/amp/news/timeform/timeform-news/2020-10-26/timeform-recap-2020-cox-plate/530658?__twitter_impression=true
    edited October 2020
    The only reason Armory should have a higher figure than Russian Camelot is becos he finished 0.75L in front of that horse. No way the two horses' runs in transit were equal and the margin at the end flatters the 2nd horse.