G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 42 Non Members

Geelong Cup day 21.10.20

East Coast Racing
Bullish Steel Prince can test these today, last two runs were terrific lead and importantly is 4th up today should be in the finish.

A spec horse in the Classic is Wisaka at big odds, may be out of his depth but will relish every bit of the 2200 and Moroney trains, is worth an e.w dabble I reckon.
+1 -1

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited October 2020
    O'brien is on fire and whilst I don't know how many new to the stable horses have won for him in recent months I do know in just the last few days he has produced Graff first up at a price and the winner of R4 Murillo at around $19 also having it's first run.
    edited October 2020
    You beauty, tough win he deserves a run in the cup and that hopefully seals it.
    Fitter this year I reckon.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• bookieloverbookielover    2,623 posts
    I took 200/1 on Betfair. If it gets a run, I can lay some of it back and have it going for nothing.
  • bookieloverbookielover    2,623 posts
    By the way, i took unders, You could have got 500/1. It's $34.00 now.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited October 2020
    Good call on the Cup thunderstruck.

Hey bookielover read a good piece on a former bookie Victorian Graham Sampieri, think it was Graham, his son talking about the old days and the incredible massive amounts of cash you blokes use to carry!
    Wow 200s even was a good spec price BL!
    This horse as we know beat Surprise Baby last year fair and square and for its cup prep I reckon they were a run or half a run short yet only got beaten just over 2L.
    Not saying he can win it but he is not hopeless either and seemingly gets the trip based on last year's run.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited October 2020
    If it runs top five I"ll....nah good luck guys...it's got no chance haha.

True story...going back abit think it was final trio of Makybe Diva's Cup wins...anyway a fellow at the tab about three or four months before the Cup began to back a horse eachway by the name of Leica Falcon...500/1 to begin with...yep good on ya...forget about it I said...then he's backed it at 400/1, 250/1 after it won a weak race, then it's won again goes into bat again at 150/1, told him throw the tickets away, it's got zero chance, through the classes with a picket fence of wins it goes.

Then it might have won the Herbert Power, or a race like that, I'm watching now...anyway come Cup day, it's far from the roughest, it's a live hope, can never forget saying to him before the Cup was about to jump...good luck...just hope doesn't run 4th...and of course the rest is history.