G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 11 Non Members
R1- CLAIRVOYANCE looks the simple way to start the day in a small field. Was scratched from last week after having some minor foot issues when bar plates were supposed to go on. No bar plates this week suggests she’s back close to 100% and that would see her put panels on this field. Draws wide so if she is a touch slow she can still muster to be right over the speed and from there will wait for the button to pushed. Looks a lock for multis.

R2- LACEVINSKY has been luckless in his runs almost all prep. Is only a small horse and has been bumped and buffeted expect when fourth behind Ration Aly who would be very short in this field. There is good speed drawn out wide here so expect Carbery to have him just in behind them from an inside draw and that will be ideal for him. Was super consistent in these westspeed races last prep and with even luck should perform similarly this year.

R3- TRULY GREAT is super progressive and looks incredibly hard to beat in a moderate 72+ event. Was entitled to get beat last start when first up and having to out sprint his rivals from last in a slowly run race. The second horse took off and couldn’t beat him and made the form look good with a big run in the Northam cup. Draws inside over the 1800 which is a massive advantage and should be able to use the gate to be at worst three back fence and will just need a touch of luck.

R4- MY FAIR BALENTINE was a very similar run to the favourite here in HEAVEN’S GIFT and there is a big price discrepancy. My Fair Balentine was held up for a long way in the straight but hit the line nicely after getting out first up at 1400. Now gets to 1600 and drops 2kg on last start after the claim of Chris Graham. Barrier nine should allow her to stay away from the fence to help her try and avoid bad luck. Finished off similarly to the favourite but gets a weight swing and is double figures.

R5- TOMMY BLUE resumes in a race that should be run to suit. Has quality form around her from last prep including Cliffs of Comfort and Son of a God and runs here in a 60+ event. Blinkers went on at the back end of her campaign after a flop at 1400 in a small field but expect they will benefit her here at 1000m in a fast run race. She has the speed to sit just off the leaders in this and wait until straightening to make her move.

R6- Best Bet: COMES A TIME backed up his impressive trial with a victory in a fast time first up. Had to absorb pressure on that occasion when breezing with a horse to either side and was still able to find plenty when asked. With Some Sort coming out he should get a much easier time at the head of the field and that should suit on the seven day spin. Drops 1.5kg rising in grade but this isn’t a super strong 66+ event.

R7- FLOWER OF WAR isn’t known as a 1000m horse but was a good run at her first attempt last start. Jumped fast but couldn’t cross Mervyn or Indian Pacific and was forced to sit three deep the entire and never gave up chasing. Now draws directly outside Mervyn so should be able to follow him across and breeze which is a big plus. Picks up weight on most of the horses she faced last start at WFA and gets a head start on them.

R8- RED CAN MAN has been forced to do too much at his last two runs. Wide gates have forced him to work hard early and last start had to do it when they were flying early. Sat outside Money Matters who folded up badly and beat home Dance music who was leaders back but made the form look good after bolting in the Northam cup. Now draws middle of the line in a race without much tempo so expect him to lead and starting rolling through the gears into the bend.

R9- SPILLINOVA is in career best form this preparation and has only gotten better since positive tactics were employed. Was good when sitting back and hitting the line first up and second up but his best runs have always been when leading was a dominant winner in this grade two back when allowed to roll. Last start stretched Inspirational Girl in a 78+ race at his first go at 1400 for the prep. Sticks to 1400, drops back to a 72+ and finds another race he should be able to lead.

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    The super filly into Comes A Time for a 24% boost?

Looks logical, loved Comes A Times tenacity in winning last week also and he easily can repeat tomorrow.

The Asian Beau looks a beauty with 3 strong chances I was ready to declare Cup Night then saw the mare is in Inspirational Girl, am a big wrap on her wonder if she is Railway bound? A mile will suit big-time i think.
    Anyway i think these two have Red Can Man's measure..just..finding it harder to split the other two though, will take a quinella or box exacta saver and back Cup Night at the better odds.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    How many Chris Parnham?

5 not out of the question. Anything less than a treble would be a disappointment with that book

Thunderstruck, thefalcon likes this post.

• ChrisChris    5,219 posts
    Clairvoyance out again
    Oh wow :(
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    95% right last week.
    99% right this week.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    looks like she has some issues. with all the hype i hope macca gives us the reason.
  • ChrisChris    5,219 posts
    1% ain't bad
  • Not hard to work out
    thefalcon said:

looks like she has some issues. with all the hype i hope macca gives us the reason.

Has been stated openly - hoof abscess, n/f

JimmyPop likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    i'm sure i read where it had cleared up....
    do not want to get into a slagging match so matter closed...
    L-)

• GoddGodd    199 posts
    Each way / roughies
    R2-1
    R3-2-10
    R4-1
    R5-9
    R6-2-6
    R8-5
    R9-11
  • FlandersFlanders    1,199 posts
    Tivers said:

95% right last week.
    99% right this week.

The stewards report last week said:
    Race 7. CLAIRVOYANCE – Future nomination

Nothing to do with 95% right. What will it say this week?
  • spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    Be starting to throw a bit of confusion around her program now you would think missing the two runs

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,025 posts
    Nothing wrong with looking after a budding champion. There will always be bigger fish to fry for Clairvoyance.

oldhendo likes this post.

thefalcon said:

i'm sure i read where it had cleared up....

do not want to get into a slagging match so matter closed...
    L-)

the abscess has cleared up. (Just meant that where the issue started).
    Just saving her for future nom when she’s 100%, not 99%

oldhendo likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,743 posts
    R2 Al Di La could run a cheeky race at long odds
    R6 Solid Azza likewise
    R9 Is today the day for the costly Jericho Miss? She's Alight the danger. The Peters pair fill the first four
    Meoow the fav that's two of Parnham's Jonah'd already
    8-X
    I like Notorius One he should be unbeaten.
  • MuldoonMuldoon    317 posts
    Jag The Joker ran 3rd there ?  On the radio it ran 6th  /:)

Ngawyni likes this post.

• chocchoc    788 posts
    J Noske an automatic scratching in anything he’s
    engaged on.
    Lost all touch & judgement.
  • MuldoonMuldoon    317 posts
    edited October 2020

R6 Solid Azza likewise
    R9 Is today the day for the costly Jericho Miss? She's Alight the danger. The Peters pair fill the first four
    5 eggs now & a last for Al Di La his last 6 runs. 

I was on SA first up was never sighted

Jericho Miss drawn to be in the finish today.
  • chocchoc    788 posts
    The biggest false favourite award so far this Ascot season goes to Tommy Blue :))
    Little worrying for some they were soundly beaten by Too Close The Sun there..booming run the winner she is my Railway tip at odds and should be down in the weights a bit too.
    As for Cup Night :-?? ...
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Can man booker be retired now? Done more than enough, its not interested

JimmyPop, oldhendo likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Look no further than that winner and Red Can Man for the railway. The others are just making up the field
    Muldoon said:

R6 Solid Azza likewise
    5 eggs now & a last for Al Di La his last 6 runs. 

I was on SA first up was never sighted

Jericho Miss drawn to be in the finish today.

Al Di La is non competitive beaten a combined 80 lengths it's last 6 starts, Slip should be counselled for tipping this cat :P ... and the horse needs a ticket to a Mt Magnet class B race as it's morphed into a CAMEL :))
    Luke's Gold..the gift that just keeps on giving!

H-BOMBER, oldhendo, The_Bull, thefalcon likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    41 into 7.50.
  • LETSDOTHISLETSDOTHIS    298 posts
    Man booker has been retired

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Enjoy your retirement well deserved MB.

What a beauty he was when at his peak.