G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 14 Non Members

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Last year's Winterbottom he was a bit slow away and got crowded from the inside gate though, which Is why the wide gate doesn't really worry me with Pikey on..however I really think there will be a decent few including him levitating late.

What's your bet price TRK? I doubt any better than 2.50 will be on offer can't see him getting out too much, Betfair likely to be better so closer to $3 possible there? On class is a genuine 6/4 chance in the old language imo.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited November 2020
    $2.50 would be the rock bottom price but I'd need somewhere between there and $3 and I'm just really going off my instinct-I don't frame my own markets like some do. As I said, he's got me a a cpl times so I don't trust him. If the overs gods don't answer my prayers then I'm happy to stay out.
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    I dont think Trekking finishes top 3 in my opinion. Stageman, Elite Street and Indian Pacific always

Chris likes this post.

• ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Vital Silver at his best...

thefalcon likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    I’m betting around trekking. Stsgeman, red can man and elite st all at double figures.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^^ all ok me old mate, except elite st.....i reckon rcm is in it up to his ears.
    there a about 5-6 that should not be in it..i hope none of them hinder the chances of the better ones.
    We might get $3 about Trekking if the first 5-6 winners are leaders 8-X :-\"
    Trekking into 1.95

therealkramer dislikes this post.

• YankeeYankee    299 posts
    If you want a $1.95 winner look for a 6-8 horse field probably have 2 or 3 without a chance instead of the Winterbottom thats madness for $1.95. 

thefalcon, oldhendo likes this post.

Pike factor, his form isn’t $1.95 worthy
    Chris said:

Trekking into 1.95

8-} @-)
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Chris said:

What sort of form would be worthy of $1.95 against today’s opposition ?
    edited November 2020
    detonator said:

Chris said:

Winning form for starters. His racing pattern and a likely tearaway leader makes the odds on quote poisonous. He might win by 2-3 on class alone but won't carry any of mine at that price.  :-&

detonator said:

Chris said:

Winning form for starters. His racing pattern and a likely tearaway leader makes the odds on quote poisonous. He might win by 2-3 on class alone but won't carry any of mine at that price.  :-&
    Because he doesn’t have a 1 next to his name doesn’t mean he is not in good enough form to be $1.95 against today’s opposition. What price would have today’s 2nd favourite Indian Pacific have been in this years Everest ? 
    @detonator You could've said the same thing last year. What price Hey Doc in an Everest? He still beat Trekking in WA
    Yeah he did and also beat the rest in probably a stronger race than this. Pretty handy horse Hey Doc.
    Anyway, you know the old saying. Any price a winner is good price.
    I just hope Willie has made the right call.
    Bob said to Willie, get your a**e home to ride IG instead of AQ.
    Obviously didn’t give him the same instructions to ride any of his today. Hmmm
    edited November 2020
    detonator said:

.I just hope Willie has made the right call.
    Bob said to Willie, get your a**e home to ride IG instead of AQ.
    Obviously didn’t give him the same instructions to ride any of his today. Hmmm
    Maybe Willie has slightly more say in it now? He rode winners for team Hawkes inc a G1. Chris Parnham was riding IG, too. Pike got back on her but not the sprinters :-? :)]
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    take the toppie out and its a raffle...any one of about 8 could win it...punt at your peril.. 8-X
    edited November 2020

One race down, one leader salutes ;)) :D
    sassy trader goes in the bin after those last two runs. 

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Two races, two leaders :-\"
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Rail on fire (again)..... nice way to fark up another g1 day. Good luck all, i wont be punting at ascot

Manchild likes this post.

One race down, one leader salutes ;)) :D

2/2 and rough this time.... :-O
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    paraletic said:

Rail on fire (again)..... nice way to fark up another g1 day. Good luck all, i wont be punting at ascot

The south westerly is kicking in now so don't get too carried away thinking it is going to be leader-dominated

Precision1 likes this post.

Maybe...maybe not I won't be betting in race 3 now....
  • Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    Agree with Flanders the wind plays a huge part at Ascot and a strong South Wester brings those with cover right into it.  
    Still looks like a train wreck day....meeooww
    There goes your early crow about leaders 8-}
    TheDiva said:

There goes your early crow about leaders 8-}

Can we still have $3 about Trekking tho?  :-w =;
    edited November 2020
    No but you can get Utgard Loki the place into Trekking the win @ $4.60+? :D
    Don't worry he will be steaming home like nothing else I see that 2l plus margin as a real scenario...