G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 26 Non Members

Mares Classic Barrier Draw

Harness & Greyhounds
I listened into to the live barrier draw for the Mares Classic on "One Out One Back" this morning. Apparently, a new mechanism was being used, with reference in a college boy humour sort of way, to "new Balls' etc. Anyway, away it went, all was going well and I think they had done 9 or 10 horses when there was a halt to proceedings, the sound of balls bouncing around and lots of muted voices in the background, whilst Matt Young manfully filled time by giving his Northam tips for tonight. Eventually, I think it was stated that two balls came out for one horse or similar....clearly, the mechanism had failed. There would be a complete redraw, ignore all previous barriers, away we go again. Fair enough, accidents do happen, an unfortunate **** up. Trainers hopes would have gone up and down but little option but to redraw.
So, out comes the draw on the HRA newsfeed with an article about the field and the draw, along with a link on Twitter to the live draw. I clicked to hear a replay.....I like a bit of vaudeville.....up comes the response, this tweet is unavailable Okay, I will head to TAB Radio "Soundcloud Podcast" replay of "One Out One Back"......hmm, a shortened version of 40.55 minutes is posted which cuts off before the draw takes place.

Question is, why try to hide what happened....Why put the link up if the tweet is unaccessable, many would have heard it, it is not the end of the world, so be up front. True, the draw should have happened without incident, drawing 12 balls out for 12 names shouldn't be that hard...but it did happen, so be transparent. That's all.

Comments

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    That bad it’s becoming humerous.
    Imagine fallout if Railway Stakes.

VillageKid likes this post.

• AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    And the host was p*ssing himself laughing, just a big joke.

Connections of Wainui Creek would be happy, I know there were barriers 1 and 11 available and 1 other barrier, re draw drew 9,

There's only been a fixed marker on this race for 2 months, Pre post punters should be offered a refund.

Offthebit likes this post.

• Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts
    AbbysAce said:

And the host was p*ssing himself laughing, just a big joke.

Connections of Wainui Creek would be happy, I know there were barriers 1 and 11 available and 1 other barrier, re draw drew 9,

There's only been a fixed marker on this race for 2 months, Pre post punters should be offered a refund.

The one other barrier that was left available for Wainui the first draw was 9 but don’t let the get in the way of a good story
  • AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    edited November 2020
    Are you sure 9 was the other barrier?

Still it had 2 out 3 chances to get a good draw, especially when Balcatherine drew 10.