G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 29 Non Members
R1- MADAM TORIO is first up no trial but does her best racing when fresh. Was a three time winner last campaign including first up and twice when a month between runs over 1000m. Gets back to Ascot for the first time since her debut run where nothing went right but she looks like she’ll appreciate Ascot with her jump and run style. Gets into this well under set weights and penalties and looks capable of crossing to the fence from six.

R2- TRUE ATTRACTION didn’t look to handle the very wet track he faced last start when racing well outside the handicap. Comes back into a 72+ here on a dry and his first two runs this prep were very impressive. Was only beaten by Inspirational Girl first up before being given no chance second up when flying home from last to finish midfield. Pike gets back on for the first time this prep and has plenty of options from two.

R3- ISLAND MISSILE let down with a serious turn of foot last start when ridden cold and now that he’s found the post he may be able to go on with it. Has been getting better with each run and expect him to improve further fourth up out to 1400 for the first time this campaign. This field looks very similar to what he beat last start and from barrier two doesn’t have to go back to last. The Gangemi team have hit some form and he looks capable of continuing that trend.

R4- CLASSY MACRO clearly has some issues but is pretty talented on his day. Has only won two races but has bolted in on both occasions in some pretty slick time. Was beaten out of sight first up in one of the heats for this final but didn’t look comfortable and may have had issues as after a gear change last start he looked a completely different horse. May also have appreciated racing on speed so expect he will roll forward again here from the middle gate.

R5- Best Bet: PULI has been forced to sit leaders back his last two and it isn’t a good spot for him. He’s still learning and likes space in the run which he should get here from barrier nine. Has been freshened since his last start when finding trouble and is now seven weeks between runs which looks a positive. Placed in higher grade two back and now gets the blinkers which should help him focus as he can switch off a touch. Expect him to come out running from the deep and only needs to find the breeze to be hard to beat.

R6- CAROCAPO got things his own way out in front last start and was able kick away and win nicely. Backs up here up in grade but looks like getting things to suit again from one. He knows how to find form this time of year having won three on the bounce this time last year in far stronger races than this. Looks like stalking Ziebell from the draw and can make his run when the leader goes for home.

R7- PURE MAGNUS is the Pateman pick of the Kalgoorlie runners and that heat looks the best form reference for this. He is another horse that has really improved since joining the Peter Fernie stable having won two back before being nosed out in the heats for this race by MANHATTAN MONEY. Gets a 1kg weight swing on that galloper for the small margin which looks enough to turn the tables. Will need a touch of luck drawn wide but if he can find some cover he will be right in it.

R8- ROYAL COMMAND gets out past 2000 for the first time this prep and is reunited with Pike. Both look big positives to see him win after two placings to start his campaign. First up hit the line strongly over 1400 in 72+ grade before going straight to 1800 on a bog track in the Gold Cup. Was a gallant third in that race when ridden in the first half of the field. Suspect he’s a better horse when ridden cold and from three Pike can put him to sleep for a long way.

R9- RED CAN MAN brings intrigue backing up out of last weeks Railway and has the ability to factor here. Raced on top of a very strong tempo in the Railway but stuck on really well to be beaten only 2L by Inspirational Girl. Has been racing well all campaign when often being forced to work hard in his races but won’t have to do that here from five. Should settle in the first four or five and has always looked more a sprinter than a miler so expect a bold showing at a big price.

R10- MONEY MAHER has been forced to sit in cheap seats at his first two starts this prep in listed company. He’s now third up off seven days and out to 1600 which looks ideal for him to get back to his best. This is only a moderate 78+ event and he’s finished within 3L of the railway first four only two starts ago. Draws one and likely tries to hold the leaders back and be saved for one run at them in the straight.

Comments

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    good review, train. sadly none of my early selections...
  • ChrisChris    5,219 posts
    Vital Silver

Very keen The Beach
    yep, my ruffie chris, v.s.
    no bet in r7 but l.k. brother #14 would be e/w for any desperates...
    ;)
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Chris said:

Vital Silver

Very keen The Beach

I've seen 4 different people tip The Beach. Can't have it myself. Probably wins now
    I took honours against the TAB week one of the masters. Round 2 beckons

Toscana
    Rebel Knight
    Island Missile
    Classy Macro
    Platinum Bullet
    Carocapo
    Read the Riot Act
    Arctic Stream
    Stageman
    Big Shot Paddy

Good luck
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited November 2020
    R 10 Main selection of the day... Forget recent efforts... You would have to do so.... A visit to the Last Chance Saloon for Jericho Missile

Additional each way interests;

R3 Dalswinton ex Eastern Stater that Fernie may have ready to improve
    R4 Al Di La is a maddie to improve
    R5 Distant Trilogy
    R6 Chix Pic.. Forget recent efforts. Big chance in this. Second best for the day
    R8 Spiritual Warrior carries more pudding than a Sara Lee Sticky Date but will be in the finish
    R9 Barrier is a nightmare but each way Flirtini. At the long odds Malibu Style is worth a place bet
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    H-BOMBER said:

Chris said:

Vital Silver

Very keen The Beach

I've seen 4 different people tip The Beach. Can't have it myself. Probably wins now

I'm with you and reckon it's got none...open race and a lottery like bunch but Pure Magnus can win with decent luck from the wide draw, Megadon another good chance and the Maley stable is going pretty well.But for the weight increase from the recent win I'd have given Manhattan Money a big chance too.

R3 Island Missile is going to have to carry some weight because i like it again too.

R5 Like Puli he is a good genuine toiler but i'm not sure he gets the desired position @Train mentions so I reckon Comes A Time can step up here, surely Lucy just box seats this gelding from gate 5(shame Ponty can't make it's weight).

R8 Now The Loki is back near his best I think he is ready to give the fav a shake here..not too sure about some average runs prior but when in form he maintains it.
    lukes gold...3 weeks straight and bad wolf butters up again... :-?
  • ChrisChris    5,219 posts
    I’m buttering up again too falc after a game high 20 stubbies last Saturday

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Shooter to shoot the lights out treble race 2,3,4.the fugazi, island missile,mood goddess --hood-on.
    chrisso, i reckon i can beat that..my b/day, 14th nov. flying colours...2 couples...bill came..$327, 12 stubbies and 5 bottles of wine....i had 3 stubbies and craig had the rest and no plonk.
    very dusty on sunday...

see bar plates on rebel knight in race 2
  • GoddGodd    199 posts
    Roughies
    R3-3 to improve
    R4-2ew
    R5-4ew, 12,9 to run a race at odds
    R6-1 should be winning this
    R7-3ew
    R8-1
    R9-14
    R10-6-13
    A Maley runner strikes form a few races before I anticipated it f me....
    Looks like a blood bath for punters this far

• loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts
    Looked on pace early in the day, last two races say different.
    Sure enough Lucy fn murdered it smfh
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    I think its time someone taps baraki beats on the shoulder and tell him to stay home
    Not pretty but he found enough, think lucky will end up being a bit of an enforcer B-)
    Seemingly impossible to get a postion if drawn wide :-S
    the toppie is now $1.50...stupid price.....but in 30mins i'll likely be saying "pharquing hell he won like a 1.50 pop"..

1.75/1.70 haven't seen any 1.50 but even 1.75 is skinny as.

Also think he may kick arse late thus justifying the price and plunge.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited November 2020
    Pike in the Godolphin blue just looks wrong  >-)
    edited November 2020
    @thefalcon trying to tip us into odds on pops? I've seen everything now @-) :-@
    He is likely not.alone in wavering on backing something else :P
  • WhatisthepointWhatisthepoint    181 posts
    LOL perth racing it goes good  it can stop group 1 winners running a place lol it just keeps on giving  it goes super.

LOL perth racing it goes good  it can stop group 1 winners running a place lol it just keeps on giving  it goes super.

The horse is a backmarker. Was a backmarker over East and is the same horse in the West. $1.70 was a dumb price but no one was forcing you to take it.

TheDiva, JimmyPop, thefalcon likes this post.

Horse ran similar to last year it's officially an underachiever ..if you loaded up on it? silly you.
  • WhatisthepointWhatisthepoint    181 posts
    LOL long way to go to not run a place lets be honest have a look at field give me a spell.
    He ran 4th i nthe same race last year after finishing less than a length from the winner in the Everest. He even beat Nature Strip-altho that horse had a torrid run in transit. Trekking has peaked-he got away with the Goodwood but he's not been a genuine threat in G1s since his Stradbroke victory.
  • goosegoose    1,628 posts
    Absolute rubbish.
    Whats with there being no replay available on Tabtouch of the Winterbottom? the last race is available already god bless Tollman.
    Maybe they don't want the punters having a good look at that hatchet job performed on Trekking why was the 150 to 1 shot camped outside him 4 wide the trip? and was crowded out from the jump given no peace.