G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 29 Non Members

Comments

• FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    Truly Great doesn't have a rating at the moment in CRIS ie. it hasn't been updated since the Perth Cup. The rest have, so is there a reason why not?
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    Flanders said:

Truly Great doesn't have a rating at the moment in CRIS ie. it hasn't been updated since the Perth Cup. The rest have, so is there a reason why not?

I assume the handicappers are yet to release the rating (handicap rating) for the Perth Cup performance. Give it a few more days.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    i think we will be hearing a lot more about midnight blue...could be bobs eastern states second stringer..
  • BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,372 posts
    I reckon Western Empire might be the sleeper

thefalcon likes this post.

^^ i think you could be spot on...
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Why i Like going down memory lane---Because the Trainers were just that trainers-of horses, and secret service was in full time operation & there ability was based on how to maximize  a plunge& with loose lips sink ships attitude,Staff Jockeys were constantley reminded.

Now big percentage of Trainers have purely become trainers of Owners with a joke at the ready. going forward-- Plus certain level  of pressure.has,  disappeared with formation of syndicates, to spread the hurt,---well the old trainers didn't have that luxury;

Admire Bob Peters  to the  nineth degree has been perfecting his operation for over 50 years, with his knowledge, and experience  with handling the horses in his formative years,to a point his situation allows him to be  a trainer of horses    what he knows works best with his horses. to deliver as 4-5 yearolds and beyond,--- a artist at work.  

So his horses follow  robotic campaigns and standard  riding tactics  out of that he has become a trainer of trainers.---and doesn't have to train owners. 

Read old trainer was asked why are you such a top trainer of stayers,his answer was wish i was better trainer of owners& trying to get them to stay.

oldhendo, JayJay, VillageKid, LETSDOTHIS likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Recommended reading STG...."The Druids Lodge Confederacy" by Paul Mathieu. A masterly operation of keeping sealed lips to land some astounding plunges...all factual.

savethegame likes this post.

we'd better open a fresh thread before somebody starts grizzling that we have hi-jacked the cup thread... :-\"
    i'll open up "tales and thoughts of yesteryear"....if its ok with the mods...
    L-)