G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 28 Non Members

Ascot 5.12.2020 - Kingstown Town Classic day.

West Australian Racing
Ripping day what a beast the KING was, a true legend of the turf.
Wanted to throw one out there early wonder what Train and others think of his chances..

Race 3 Gates Of Babylon i think is one of the best of the day.First try at 1100 but he has run cracking races and time(1.09.7 twice)at his last two 1200m wins at Ascot where he either led or breezed so i think he will have enough tow to mix it in the early stages, may still lead or breeze even box seat if they go super quick.Also leads in his trials often
Has had 3 trials this time to prep for this race so he should primed for this race first up at around 6.50 im on, hope he goes huuuge
Am taking on the fav who may well find it very hard to run him down..mat save the exacta as we know what these Peters horses are like.
+1 -1

JimmyPop likes this post.

Comments

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    he is  a great chance, thunder, never out of a place 1st up BUT, there is a thing in called long beach carrying those dreaded colours... 8-X
  • TrainTrain    186 posts
    R1- FLYING MISSILE is one of two horses in this field with race experience. That goes a long way in 2yo old events and her run was solid in the Crystal Slipper when setting a fast tempo and sticking on well. Was coming out of a single 400m trial into that race so she should be much fitter for the run and 1100 back to 1000 looks very suitable. From barrier three should again be able to cross to the fence in a race with less pressure and the rail back to the inside could be a big advantage.

R2- BRAGWELL has yet to run a bad race in his career and looks suited coming out of the 3yo features. Ran second behind Comes A Time three starts ago in this grade before being thrown in the deep end and acquitting himself well. That form reads well in a race like this and the shades on last start looked to sharpen him up nicely. Has the tactical speed to sit close from barrier three and will just need half a gap to open up in the straight.

R3- GATES OF BABYLON has put in three good trials ahead of his return to racing and can make himself hard to get past. He’s lengths better both at Ascot and with Pateman in the saddle and gets both of those here. He may not be known as an 1100m horse but seems to relish fast run races and he’ll get that here with ZIEBELL engaged. Probably needs to hold the lead to show his best but Ziebell drawn wide he’ll get his chance to muster speed.

R4- MIDNIGHT BLUE has got out to it’s right trip and is in winning form that is very hard to knock. Is bred to appreciate 2000+ and for the first time this prep was an easy watch last start the way he travelled throughout. Should only be better for that run and picks up weight on the horses he beat on that occasion after the claim. Draws wide in a big field to get back with cover and circle making the ride easier for the apprentice and can make it three on the bounce here.

R5- SERENITY BAY was a massive run first up in the Carbine Club and looks well placed into the fillies and mares series. Has improved every prep and looks a genuine stakes class horse now having beaten home horses like Laverrod and Pym’s Royale last start. 1400 looks to be her best trip and there looks to be enough speed in the race to bring her into it from a spot just off midfield and is one of those better suited at set weights and penalties.

R6- WESTERN EMPIRE has been fairly luckless throughout his three start career but looks super exciting. Struggled against a strong leader bias over 1100 on debut before sitting four deep the trip in the Fairetha when beaten a nose and then sitting near last in a slowly run Guineas. Small query coming back to 1400 after potentially being targeting towards the Kingston Town but his class may be enough to offset that.

R7- VALOUR ROAD has had a similar preparation as this time last year which saw him go close in this race. He’s arguably in better form this time around having won a race along the way and was completely luckless last week in the Winterbottom. Maps to get a similar run to last year outside the leader and had blinkers added earlier in the campaign which seemed to sharpen him up. Pateman sticks and you get eachway.

R8- DOM TO SHOOT has had little to no luck at each of his last three in slowly run races when crowded by walkers. Neither of those things should be an issue here and the way he has been attacking the line should be better still out to 1800. Has drawn perfectly in seven to be a bit closer with just 52kg but also should be able to avoid getting caught on the fence and should be a long way clear of the big danger in INSPIRATIONAL GIRL. That and the weight swing could be enough to make things interesting at an eachway price.

R9- Best Bet: DARK MISSION trialled like a bomb for her first up run and looks very hard to oppose in the get out. Starting to think she may be a sprinter as all of her best runs have been below 1400 including a stylish first up win last campaign albeit in lesser grade. There looks solid speed engaged here and she really travels in her races so she should be able to build into the corner with a bit of a cover in a big field and will fly late.
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Yeh Falc hence the saver with the bloody cerise n white one in both boxes :D

Good to see Train is on board also .. choo choo!
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,236 posts
    Round 3 upon us and it's all square. Tomorrow is the tie breaker. Here are my prognostications

Ultimate Command (nice trial)
    Befunjar (my man B Parnham with an early double)
    Megazone (Ash Maley will train a winner tomorrow but which one?)
    Volkswagen Frank (best long shot @100s - needs to be on speed)
    Lonsdale Lady (missed the $13 onto 7.50)
    Chantorque (love this horse, I'm not jumping off for a maiden fav)
    Celebrity Queen (she looks well in here if can back up)
    Dom to Shoot (best each way - safe play)
    Dark Mission (best - they don't really trial better)

I'll be in the Punters Club function tomorrow. Absolutely salivating at a day out at the track. Good luck all

SLIPPERGOLDEN, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,744 posts
    edited December 2020
    R2 Baramagic each way & Miss Marietta saver
    R3 Mum's My Hero with Flower of Scotland to improve
    R4 British Bessy has not been great but each way should collect
    R5 Ration Ally is my best bet  $-)
    R6 Solaia each way and Kissallforcheeks cannot be ignored
    R9 Rosebush...Huge run two starts back and no luck last start.. Each Way special  $-)

Flanders, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    R1: No9 Ultimate Command. Loved the trial, surely Astrape back 100m has to be a big negative.

R4: No8 Ouqba Ted. See him getting a lovely run in this.

R5: No2 Lonsdale Lady. She's my best of the day all though the early price is gone. Expect her to be a lot closer to the pace today and too strong late.

R6: No2 Empire Reign. Bit of a maddy but I've been waiting for this horse to get the fence. Should easily cross Queen Brown, I'm hopefully that Jordy boots up and leads but even on a horse like All Day Session's back im expecting to get a run for my money.

R8: No14 Gemma's Son. Seems a bit forgotten for me, smoking the pipe on the fence. Chasing the value.

A couple at Esperance (AKA Gods country)

R3: No3 Brucey Boy. Absolute get on for me. Went to the line with so much in the tank, extra 100m, get going a bit earlier. BANG!

R5: No10 Sketch Line. Will probably be last but looks a decent tempo so can work home.

R7: No2 Arsinoe. Absolutely brained them at her first go down here, could have gone backwards and should still win this. Will be taking novelties anchoring her and No5 Trace Sea whose last 100m was fantastic and should enjoy the extra 100m

Happy punting.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

looking at the ascot page in TABform and all i see is a sea of cerise and white colours...12 of them. then i look at the wave of @$2 prices for many of them. what chance does anyone else have?

anyway, my roughie is ouqba ted.
    can Dans 5 o/o 12 knock out Bobs 2? his roughie is queen brown..
    the KT is a raffle, count me out.
    oh yeah..our old mate kementari...can he go out on a high? could but will probably run 2nd to the c&w livery of #10.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

edited December 2020
    Probably not going to get the required luck drawn inside BUT if Joey does i reckon Queen Brown can run a race, is worth a place bet at least if one doesnt want to back the C & W silks all day :D

I reckon Celebrity Queen will belt the enigma El Falc she is the best of the Bob's today but if they all fire and get even luck he likely wins a few races today you would think..He may need a bigger plane next year for the Eastern States juggernaut :)]
  • R1 - Ultimate Success - cant fault breaking the 60sec over the 1000m trial, always a good sign

R2 - Mr Deligartor - Will give them something to chase at the top of the straight

R6 - Kallaroo - Rawiller to cause another boilover

R7 - Kementari - due for some luck, will be hard to beat

R8 - Inspirational Girl just to good

R9 - Beat the Bro in the get out stakes..

GreyHorsesMatter, Rodent likes this post.

• Ground Breaker big watch in the first, think it needs a bit further. Didn't see daylight until the 50m mark in its trial and did its best work past the post.

Went like a TRUE camel :-q
  • WhatisthepointWhatisthepoint    181 posts
    Pike does stable fav in lol..
  • WhatisthepointWhatisthepoint    181 posts
    Watching that replay one more stride gee that hurts.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited December 2020
    edited December 2020
    thefalcon said:

kementari...can he go out on a high? 
    Is Oisin doing freelance stablehand work during his 'downtime'?  :-$ [-X @-)
    Wow..She's Alight nuts them..has been one of mine in LESSER company for 2 preps :((
    edited December 2020
    R5 Ration Ally is my best bet

Has Azzopardi got out of that pocket yet? Should have won the race. 8-|

GreyHorsesMatter, TheDiva, JimmyPop likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    pike came from behind him on the fence and got a run through with Chantrea... it was a tragedy. 

SLIPPERGOLDEN, JimmyPop likes this post.

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    edited December 2020
    Danny Morton is firing lately. Seems it was just a case of her not liking the heavy track in the Champion Fillies.
    R6 Solaia each way and Kissallforcheeks cannot be ignored

A healthy consolation after the previous race \:D/
    Unsuited drawn gate 2 only 1 jockey in Perth works miracles Slip! And it ain't Joey....

Sometimes I swear William overestimates what his mounts can do in the last 400...

thefalcon, oldhendo likes this post.

• TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    Just got home and caught the race,. CQ would've had to run ridiculous sectionals to get even close.
  • YankeeYankee    299 posts
    Just cost me as last leg of my multi  :((
    the big K..could not believe $8.30....my bag man called me a genius....
    the prices of most of the pike/peters combo today are absolutely ridiculous...cel. q $1.25, insanity.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited December 2020
    Too true falc, odd's on fave's - a lot on to win not much. The deadliest form of betting known to man. Bookmakers delight in the long run, they must eat them for breakfast.

They win alright the ones in the red, but measure them up over 12 months 8-X
    @Ridersonthestorm33 The perfect formula for laying on Betfair tho  ;)  B-)

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

IG odds on....?  :-O
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited December 2020
    Was just thinking of betfair - lay every odds on fave at Ascot/Belmont all year and I'll walk to China if you don't come out in front.