In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 28 Non Members

Comments

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Full points for the kick, yes.
    Somethign we didn't do well all night.
  • licklick    305 posts
    The kick to JK never went more than 8 metres. It happens dozens of times every game. Umpires please have the guts to call it. Get yourself a tape and measure out 15 metres. The rule says the ball must travel “AT LEAST” 15 metres, not maybe, not looks like, not maybe, not close enough. If they were mere enforcing of the rule, it would open the game up a lot! This claiming the mark in the forward line from a too short pass is absolute garbage.

And I am a WCE supporter, but the law is the law. Let’s not start on throwing the ball. The game is rubbish compared to days of yore. Yes, older, wiser. 
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Gerard Whately on AFL360 tonight got it measured at 14.5m.

bigorangecat likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    detonator said:

Gerard Whately on AFL360 tonight got it measured at 14.5m.

who cares Deto........ The umpire paid it. The rest is history.

I was abusing the umpire more for the frees he paid the eagles than any others. Some of them were terrible.
    Just take the 4points, have a rest and aim to get the 12 wins to get into the finals.
    I am 3 qtrs and 5mins into replaying the game and the only dodgy decisions I have seen was the non paid mark to Coleman Jones in the first qtr and the BS 50m penalty he got in the 2nd qtr. Thought the umpiring was ok. But I still have 20mins to go. :-B
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Richmonds handling of their lead was worse than the umpiring
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    I love Razor Ray declaring that the best sledge that he has received on a football field was "The dingo took the wrong Chamberlain".

VillageKid, RIO, Manchild, spinking, oldhendo likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^^ absolute ripper, chariots.... :))
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    just watching the news on 7 an they stated their story after the break was going to be on the Dockers stating when they are planning to break in to the 8

My guess was 2045, Mrs Rio went for 2050...Now to wait and see who is closest
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Thought Ronnie Andrews comeback wasn't too bad.When trying to run through David Glascott -------Glascott sidestepped Andrews missed._---- Glascott-- Started with Andrews it's all over for you-- your to fat to slow.------Andrews replied ----David wish when i slept with your mum last week I hadn't promised her I wouldn't hurt you.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    Bomber what’s your thoughts on Merrett 6yrs for reported 5 million??? Personally I don’t like any contracts over 4yrs and it is a lot of money for a midfielder albeit I do like him as a player.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Oh man I wouldn't begrudge the bloke for getting that money but it is excessive isn't it? 850ish per year, that is crazy money for kicking a ball around.

Again good on him. He is a ball magnet, but is he a match winner? Does it matter? Thats one big egg taking up all the room in one basket....
    Price probably fair, but length of deal is risky
  • BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,372 posts
    Carlton pay that money to half back flankers,if you look at it that way,he should be on more lol

RIO, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Should have given the contract to Stringer.
    What a player he is when he’s up and going.

Chariotsonfire, RIO likes this post.

Love em or hate em. It is pretty quiet around the traps when the Eagles aren’t playing….just sayin. :D
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    H-BOMBER said:

Price probably fair, but length of deal is risky

Bombers are in a really good phase. And i reckon locking him in for 5 years will be a good bargaining tool over the next 2 years when they try to keep their list together and add a few new players to it.

Been a good servant for the bombers and deserves to be given a deal to cover his playing time.
    Willie’s back.  =D> <:-P :x ^:)^ \:D/

Manchild likes this post.

oldhendo dislikes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    detonator said:

Willie’s back.  =D> <:-P :x ^:)^ \:D/

You mean Billy's Back  

:D

detonator likes this post.

• oldhendooldhendo    763 posts
    Yeah, gather round and light up and deceive your mates.
    Not sure you needed to tell us Det.
    3 stories yesterday Perth Now.
    Telling us the same shit.
    What one eyed short memories the WA media have.
    Or is it a concerted effort by the mighty WCE to cover their low morals once again.
    Peter Sumich yesterday blabbing about how WCE will support him with their great systems.
    If their systems were that good I wouldn’t be writing this comment.

oldhendo, thefalcon likes this post.

nic nat will be p*ssed off with willie getting all the photo ops.... :))

seriously the way the media is carrying on you'd think it was the second coming....
    they'd better be careful all this willie sh*t could tip him over the edge, he'd be pretty fragile with all the crap going on.
    I believe CNN and ESPN were seen down at Mineral Resources Park yesterday ? 
    Something to do with a superstar sportsman returning to the nest ?
    My usual sign off is Go Boys…..but today it is ……”Bong on Boys” Haha 
    8-}

jum likes this post.

Maybe ESPN and CNN were covering a story on how an athlete can get caught tampering with his drug sample and unbelievably be allowed to return less than two years later and be hailed a hero by the press and his local supporters.
    Great for the game.

jum, RIO likes this post.

Richmond supporters laud Marlon Pickett even though he has done time in jail.
    Geelong supporters laud Gary Rowan even after leaving his missus after losing one of twins at birth.
    Fans still love Tiger even after his record.
    Fans still calling for Carey to be in the Hall of Fame after tearing his club apart.
    Damien Oliver is still lauded even though betting on another horse in a race he was riding in.

And you still want to “pot” Willie for having the odd spliff Freo. Tut tut tut. 
    I was going to throw your own Michael Johnson in there but not sure he was lauded by anyone.
    Bong on Boys !!! Haha
    B-)

jum, Manchild likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Deto-- your mate Douglas Whyte didn't get a guernsey.

edited June 2021

Deto-- your mate Douglas Whyte didn't get a guernsey.

Yes. Thanks for bringing that up STG. Almost had forgotten about that.
    Let me recap.
    Douggie stops riding his gelded horse 20m before the line in a group 1. Cops a months suspension right at the Hong Kong holiday season time of the year.
    The  stallion horse that was allowed to win by a nostril was trained by the “squeaky clean” Darren Weir. Stratum Star was being stabled at Lindsay Smith complex whilst in Perth.
    Darren then puts $5000 behind the bar to win over all punters to take the heat off.
    Ironically The trainer and owners of Scales of Justice was were happy that Douggie had no case to answer and weren’t upset about missing out on a group 1. ???
    When Weir gets kicked out of racing Lindsay takes over his training complex in Warrnambool and says it is an opportunity too good to pass up.
    And let’s not forget the cringeworthy interview on the Monday between Wes Cameron and Lindsay Smith laughing and giggling about the race when Lindsay says SOJ was being kissed to the line to get the best out of him. WTF ???
    I didn’t buy into the whole saga….but I have moved on. Haha
    [-X
    My point exactly Det.
    You couldn’t have said it better.
    WA media supporting those that continually break the rules.
    Touche @freodockers . Touche
    had a bet with myself this morning...will there be a pic of rioli in the west?
    said no, plenty in yesterday...wrong...there he was again...fair dinkum these journos need to take stock of themselves...