G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

1 Members & 18 Non Members

Comments

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^ they sure are, bet they can't wait for the 1st bouncedown... X_X :!!
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    I see “chisel face “ Nathan Buckley is going on the next “I’m a celebrity get me out of here”
    That will a “raucous” entertainment” extravaganza. NOT.
    Seriously I thought they would be wanting contestants that boost the ratings, not turn them off.
    Gee wiz. I can just see Bucks sitting around the campfire cracking a few gags. Phuck me.
    At least they will have one viewer in me ol mate Oldhendo. That is if he is still not stalking Nic down at Midland Hungry Jacks. Haha.
    =))
  • oldhendooldhendo    763 posts
    Wrong on both accounts young fella.

[-X
    Cmon Oldhendo. I know you have a “man crush” on Buck’s.
    Nothing to be embarrassed about. It’s 2021. 
    Not sure if you know, but I have a “man crush” on Nic Naitanui. Happy to tell the world.
    :x
    Yeah we hear you.

:-@
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Anyone buy a signed Melbourne footy off Ricky Nixon. What a absolute grub the bloke is

JayJay, freodockers, detonator likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    Ever since Watergate, never trusted a Nixon.

Couldn't even get Charlie Spargo's number correct.

Manchild likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    spinking said:

Anyone buy a signed Melbourne footy off Ricky Nixon. What a absolute grub the bloke is

and there he was blubbering away on Open Mike.....seemingly has a real problem that needs to be addressed because to try something like this reeks of compete desperation
    Saddens me to see that Freo picked up a running half back in Jordan Clark when that is exactly what the Eagles require.
    We have zero run out of the backline. The only bloke I saw even attempt such “dare” was Tom Cole….yes Tom Cole and he did actually create opportunities.
    I would like to see Jack Petruccelle tried on the half back line for that purpose. He can take a overhead mark as well so why not ???
    Our current game style doesn’t cut it at the moment and I am suggesting we will see more of the Eagles 2021 version in 2022.

#-o

Manchild, RIO likes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    A very philosophical post from you detonator.
    2 weeks of smoke and mirrors bruhaha about very little, 2 days max for trading around not a lot and thoroughly confusing everyone in the process......Billie Blogs, a 20 gamer over 7 years suffering home sickness shifts from Collingwood or Hawthorn to wherever for Pick 52, a future 4th round, half his salary paid by some unrelated club who pick up pick 78, two future third round pocks and a tray of scones.....simples.
    That said, given that Cerra got the sooks, I reckon Freo have done really well in covering with Clark and Brodie whilst preserving their actual draft picks. Some of the others that shifted camp I have never heard of. Ol mate rather disrespectful in suggesting trades are about offloading your bunky old Sigma for an unlicensed scooter.

RIO likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    i guess its AFL. this mornings West tells us hayden burbank RECENTLY splashed out $4.8mio for a pad in Toorak (like our peppy grove).
    bearing in mind his restaurant has been closed for @250 days one wonders where he got the $5mio....Mmmmm.
    :-??
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    detonator said:

Saddens me to see that Freo picked up a running half back in Jordan Clark when that is exactly what the Eagles require.

We have zero run out of the backline. The only bloke I saw even attempt such “dare” was Tom Cole….yes Tom Cole and he did actually create opportunities.
    I would like to see Jack Petruccelle tried on the half back line for that purpose. He can take a overhead mark as well so why not ???
    Our current game style doesn’t cut it at the moment and I am suggesting we will see more of the Eagles 2021 version in 2022.

#-o
    Petro out of he backline is such an obvious move i still cant believe it hasn't been done. To grab the ball and take those first 4 or 5 steps forward quicker than most people is what we need to get moving into space. On the wing or half forward, he has to stop, turn and then go..Doesn't seem to have the intelligence to get that right at this stage of his career, so put him back and make his directional choice really easy.......Get the ball and run, and if play opens up for  him follow it all the way down to teh forward line!?!?!?!

detonator, Chariotsonfire, Manchild likes this post.

See the Eagles delisted Jarrod Brander. Maybe the off field rumours were true and they cut him loose.
    Simpson spoke of unity at the F&B. Got a lot of work to do I reckon.
    Long way off Melbourne looking in from the outside.
    :-q

Manchild likes this post.

Gee, Jordan  McArdle gives a fair run to the PSA boys ....nothing if not consistent support for those lads that perhaps are in least need of a kickalong. If Fat Cat went to Aquinas, little doubt that Jordan would have him in his top 10 draft picks. Seems incapable of writing an article without tacking on a PSA tag ....."Claremont and Wesley College Speedster Arthur Jones" , Aquinas skipper "Corey Warner", "Subiaco and Hale School skipper Neil Erasmus".....Refers to Angus Sheldrick as "Clarement and Christchurch midfield "Bull" so regularly that I expect young Gus to pop up at the Muchea Saleyards Cattle sale. Stiff bickies if you attend Governor Stirling or Forrestfield High School, no state school is worthy of a "tag". Unbelievable bias to the PSA competition but what else would you expect from Channel Stokes's masthead, forever pandering to the big end of town and all the beautiful people. Quite nauseating actually.
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Guess that’s what happens when Homer Simpson declares West Coast only take private school boys with two parents. The puppets follow.

VillageKid, curmudgeon likes this post.

I wonder whether Jordan is aware that football is played in country areas and that the odd player or two might have come from an Agricultural College, a regional Senior High School or even a little District High School.......and whose parents may not have had the wherewithall to part company with the equivalent of the current day $60k plus per year for little Oswald to board at one of the Ivy League institutions? Good luck to the private school lads, seize your priviliged opportunities  but remember that there have been some celebrated train wrecks emerge from those heavily subsidised centres of tax elimination.

curmudgeon, Manchild, VillageKid, thefalcon likes this post.

edited October 2021
    Just a standard goal for the great man. Should show the one where he kicked the goal after the siren to win against North Melbourne. Or the “last second”  goal he kicked against GWS at GWS to win us the game as well.
    Look forward to your Sean Darcy highlights Freo………
    png
    png
    77DCB783-EF3F-43D8-A306-78081BD0B233.png
    No dulling of the rapier like wit in the off season Det.......but I wouldn't throw too many pies at Darcy, I reckon he goes better than alright.
    I wouldn’t throw pies at Darcy. He would most likely eat them anyway. Haha

B-)

JayJay likes this post.

Lead with the chin there, didn't I? As soon as I put pie and Darcy in the same sentence and hit post comment, I thought Det, if he is on his game, will be all over this like a can of spray tan on the Donald. Wasn't disappointed.

detonator, Manchild likes this post.

Ol Det, do you a favour to try and shift the focus from your winged Eagles and look at the lowly response, but then again what more would we expect.
    RE highlights reel, I will post when he lifts the Premiership Cup. ????????
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Hope your a young fella with good health Freodocker

detonator, Manchild likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    The likes of Jordan "PSA" McArdle and the types fascination with the afl draft is absolutely sickening and somewhat disturbing.
    He has been banging on about it for months already and the bloody draft isnt held until the end of November for gods sake.
    If that is all the so called sports department at the West have to report on these days it is a very sad state of affairs and the likes of the late Geoff Christian and co would be turning in their graves at what an ordinary paper the West is these days!

JayJay, oldhendo, RIO, Manchild likes this post.

Ol Det, do you a favour to try and shift the focus from your winged Eagles and look at the lowly response, but then again what more would we expect.
    RE highlights reel, I will post when he lifts the Premiership Cup. ????????

Thanks for thinking of me Freo. It did bring a smile to my face as I remember that night when the footy world sat up and took notice of my hero.
    Nice gesture of you to post it.
    Having a dig at your players helps me take my mind off how crap we are and what a long season I am going to have to endure.
    Nothing I have seen, read or heard since the Grand Final tells me that we have the hunger, which a team needs to succeed. 
    Our team is too old and too comfortable to compete with the big boys so more of the same in 2022.

#-o

freodockers, RIO likes this post.

Phuck me Deto, havent i been telling you that for the past two years?

freodockers, detonator likes this post.

If I was a bookmaker laying odds, first to raise Premiership Cup, Darcy or NicNat.
    Darcy 2/1
    NicNat 10/1.
    Take that Detto.

oldhendo, detonator likes this post.

Ha. is there a market on the poster boys son lifting the Boocoasters next cup?
    oldhendo said:

Ha. is there a market on the poster boys son lifting the Boocoasters next cup?

Poster boys. You have hit the nail on the head. 
    Saw the recent pics of Jamie Cripps wedding down south and all his team mates with their “trophy wags”. Even Tom Cole batting way way out of his league.
    Can’t tell me their focussed on the next premiership push.
    Too busy changing nappies and being celebrities in this small pond called Perth.
    In the words of Terry Wallace. If Hawthorn excel under the coaching of Sam Mitchell “I will spew my guts up”

oldhendo, Manchild likes this post.