Mt Barker.... Yes..... Mt Barker

West Australian Racing
SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,744 posts
edited January 2021 West Australian Racing
R8 Flower of Scotland to bounce back
R9 Rosebush is the best bet of the day.

Comments

• Buddy123Buddy123    208 posts
    Yep like Flower of Scotland.. barrier n weight suites..
    Might lead?
  • RodentRodent    7,025 posts
    I was on Ibiza and got knocked off by a bloke who hasn't trained a winner for 6 years  :((
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Swift Mirage in the next lottery has the right recent form(fairly shithouse)for a contest like this.

paraletic likes this post.

Later i like Flow in the feature race.
    R9 i think Oxbridge could go back to back for Hally.

Thunderstruck, Ngawyni, Buddy123 likes this post.

edited January 2021
    Well that was a virtually pain free afternoon Flow should have definitely finished closer Pateman found more traffic than you would want to see, did not give Lindsey's galloper any consideration(pretty sure it got out to $19 on Tabtouch at one stage too)whatsoever.

*actually it's flucs were 6.50 right out to $15 then into 12 late.Old Battle Hero was the one i noticed that blew out to $19.
  • NgawyniNgawyni    738 posts
    $30 on Betfair at one point
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,744 posts
    edited January 2021
    R8 Flower of Scotland to bounce back
    R9 Rosebush is the best bet of the day.

Flower
    probably needs a spell
    Rosebush definitely needs a jockey that will give it every opportunity
  • spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    Talkin through your pocket i think Slip concerning Rosebush. Its only just a horse at best . And fair enough raced wide but with cover . Were did you think it would be in the run from the barrier?. In reality it was only about half a length behind the winner at about the 200 mark
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    the flower needs a lower class, that run might get a kilo off its back...
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Best of luck with that (dropping points)
  • NgawyniNgawyni    738 posts
    edited January 2021
    FOS was an 87 rater in a 87+ race so should drop a couple. Diablerie (73 rater) likely to get a whack for running second.
    spinking said:

Talkin through your pocket i think Slip concerning Rosebush. Its only just a horse at best . And fair enough raced wide but with cover . Were did you think it would be in the run from the barrier?. In reality it was only about half a length behind the winner at about the 200 mark

The horse giving Rosebush cover was the eventual winner which he should have followed in the straight but he didn't have the desire Hall had and eventually rode it into a dead end with a bit in reserve.
    in my opinion the horse had nothing left. It only had cover behind the winner for a short period along the back until when after they straightened and Haley angled out on the winner. At that point in was behind it again but had nothing left to go with it. But you know what they say about opinions
    The horse is capable of a good late finish but it was never asked to give anything. He had a handful of horse in the concluding stages. In my opinion it was not given every opportunity.

We can agree to disagree.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,236 posts
    **Rosebush goes into blackbook**
    edited January 2021
    The winner gave it a cold and did so after carting everything up to the tearaway speed, i wlll be watching closely next time but a record of 37-4-4-7 screams average conveyance to me hence why its gone south.

*will say she was racing ok earlier last two runs have been plain maybe after 8 runs has had enough this prep.
    ^ bomber, bomber, bomber...a horse beaten at mt. barker goes in your black book. the horse is, being kind, mediocre, thats why its racing down south... [-X
    rosebushes can be pretty deadly...can give you a nasty sting....put your wallet away my boy, there are better fish to fry.....
    :-B

Thunderstruck, spinking likes this post.

edited January 2021
    Falcon and Thunder that comment is very ignorant. Have a look at some of Rosebush's past performances including in town.

Hey Falcon if there are better fish to fry why is it you are never quick to nominate them?
    ^^^  :-@ why so salty man :)) 

SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

Make sure when it comes up in your black book Bomber its in an ordinary race. Slip i dont know about their comments being arrogant. The horse has not won in 10 months . That win being in a cl3 at Ascot . Since then its run in town 8 out of 13  5/16, 6/14, 9/16, 13/16, 3/16 (0MWLY) ,10/12 , 11/16. Please dont take it personally just pointing out the facts
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,236 posts
    FWIW I thought the horse went to the line under minimal urging into the straight then was very quiet to the line finding a few rumps. Each to their own

SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

slip, the better fish to fry comment was to my pal bomber meaning he'd have more reliable ways to invest his dosh.
    i can't name them cos only bomber knows them....you savvy?
    edited January 2021
    spinking said:

Since then its run in town 8 out of 13  5/16, 6/14, 9/16, 13/16, 3/16 (0MWLY) ,10/12 , 11/16. Please dont take it personally just pointing out the facts

Excellent form for Mt Barker  :D It probably should have won the day it ran third in town. Very good effort.

Not taking it personally Spink as it is a forum for opinions and would be dull if contributors agreed all the time. Though I agreed to disagree with you I certainly didn't dismiss your race assessment. I just saw it differently that's all.

Falcon I thought you should  recommend the fish to fry. Fish and Tips.  ;))

spinking likes this post.

My 2 bobs worth on Rosebush...I backed it when it ran 2nd to Flower Of Scotland. It had every conceivable that day.
    I had it a $14 chance at Mt Barker and I found it very surprising that the in form Slip made it his best.