G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

2 Members & 21 Non Members

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,620 posts
    edited February 14
    Plutocracy thought was ok again, there’s a win in him somewhere. Just couldn’t quite grab the drum but finished off quite well.

Good ride on the winner there too.
  • detonatordetonator    2,507 posts
    edited February 14
    H-BOMBER said:

I think we'd agree Platoon is a very good horse.

I was surprised to see his prize money is a tick over 550K....not bad coin but I assumed he had earned more.

A little more looking and I was very surprised then to see today's win was his first in 13 starts since winning a 72+ race in 2019. Previously he hadn't won more than a ratings race since a listed win in his 3yo year, which let's be honest you don't have to be a champion to beat up on your own age group.

A consistent performer you'd love to own. I just thought he'd won more than that given his competitive record in Group races along the way.

The money was spot on today and he performs well first up. Had WA leading jock on board and realistically it was a field of battlers. The 1200m back from 2400 was my knock but class definately prevailed today.

Good points you make Bomber. I overheard Nev Parnham a few years ago talking up its chances in that particular Railway at the Carbine Club lunch. 
    I always remembered that statement and have waited ever since to see that potential.
    To me the horse has under achieved based on what I heard that day so not surprised at your comments.
  • detonatordetonator    2,507 posts
    May have been the Guineas that year I was referring to and or it was scratched or an emergency for the Railway.